Voters
42. You may not vote on this poll
  • Si

2 4.76%
  • No

40 95.24%
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    vCash
    I think it speaks volumes for what AA thinks about the current state of the REDSOX and Yankees right now. The window of opportunity is now.

vCash
    LOL at anyone who thinks it's even close.

Would those of you have traded Castro for the package that it actually took to get this deal done?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shrek View Post
    we are taking in way too much salary and we would have to give up a little more than just castro
    Uhhh...

vCash
    No. Why would we give up Castro to take on a bunch of back loaded salaries?

vCash
    Quick question: What contracts are front loaded? Who is the las player to get one?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SenorGato View Post
    Quick question: What contracts are front loaded? Who is the last player to get one?
    Shooting from the hip, while it might not be the most recent, Alex Rodriguez comes to mind.

vCash
    I found it funny that people saying no because of back loaded deals are the same ones advocating the cubs sign free agents. Although there are a few who do not sign back loaded deals, most teams sign backloaded deals
    Save the kittens, ignore sbs' posts
    Red Sox hater since 10/2011

It is anyway, not anyways.

vCash
    no way would i take that deal. we would be taking over miami's mess.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by gaughan333 View Post
    I found it funny that people saying no because of back loaded deals are the same ones advocating the cubs sign free agents. Although there are a few who do not sign back loaded deals, most teams sign backloaded deals
    Uhh ohhh you are going to bring out the BashTheoClub. However you are right on the money and while everyone was screaming that the Marlins got the short end of the stick I saw it just the opposite. Toronto will be the next Miami in two years if not sooner shopping off the expspensive contracts because they did not win or they DID win.
    BUTTERFLIES AND RAINBOWS!!!!! JP611 Just called me an ecstasy user!!!! WTF!!!

Welcome Tyler Kolek or Brady Aiken or Carlos Rodon if not one of them say hello To Alex Jackson.

vCash
    Toronto has been a sleeping giant market-wise for awhile now.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ABE32 View Post
    You would What?

No GM should have made the deal that Toronto did. Some are scared to second guess AA but I think he gave up way too much in what was clearly a salary dump. To give up two top prospects and to pay the majority of all of those salaries as well is a rip off. They will be fighting for years to get from out of those deals unless they can flip Johnson or Reyes.
    i voted yes

vCash
    I think AA saw this year as a window for Toronto. There is more talent in that trade than he could have gotten in free agency most likely. (Not sure how many players would want to go to Canadia.
    Save the kittens, ignore sbs' posts
    Red Sox hater since 10/2011

It is anyway, not anyways.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by gaughan333 View Post
    I think AA saw this year as a window for Toronto. There is more talent in that trade than he could have gotten in free agency most likely. (Not sure how many players would want to go to Canadia.
    Toronto is actually a beautiful city, and both moose and the RCMP kick ***.

They also have good beer, beautiful landscapes, the most fresh water in the world, poutine, a superior version of Smarties and ketchup, color-coded money, a fun sing-a-long anthem, liberal use of the letter "u," and bagged milk. Ok, bagged milk is pretty gay, but if Toronto built a new stadium they would certainly attract top free agents.

1934 1938 1961 2010 2013

vCash

I don't think anyone advocating for FAs has said anything about backloaded deals being a problem here?

vCash
    Whether or not I'd take the Toronto deal depends entirely on how much payroll I plan on having.

If I was sure I could keep it at $130 million or higher, then there isn't anything there that scares me too badly. But if I have to keep it under that, it gets a bit dicey with those contracts.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast