Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Hybrid View

vCash

Trade possibility- Giancarlo Stanton?

OK, so the Jays just upgraded significantly by trading for the whole Marlins team basically. As we know, Giancarlo Stanton is upset.

" Giancarlo Stanton @Giancarlo818 15h
    Alright, I'm pissed off!!! Plain & Simple "

That is his Twitter account after finding about how the Marlins front office was blowing up the team.

Why don't we scoop in and try to pry him away from the Marlins? This is one of the few cases where I think we should take a deep look into acquiring an impact player.

I would give up Bundy for him for sure.

Do you think the Marlins would do this?

We get:

Giancarlo Stanton
    A reliever

Marlins get:

Dylan Bundy
    Jake Arrieta

I would want to sign Giancarlo to an extension, but we could slot him in LF and this would be the true #4 hitter we have eben lacking for a decade now.

What do you guys think?

vCash
    RF Markakis
    CF Jones
    DH Davis
    LF Stanton
    1B Reynolds (2 year, 17 mill contract)
    C Wieters
    SS Hardy
    3B Machado
    2B Roberts/Casilla/Flaherty

vCash
    I would pawn off Chado for him, not Bundy. Pitching is harder to come by and hes widely considered one of the most physically impressive pitchers in line with Strasburg type hype. Machado could be attractive to Miami too because hes marketable being from the area.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by imbetterthanyou View Post
    I would pawn off Chado for him, not Bundy. Pitching is harder to come by and hes widely considered one of the most physically impressive pitchers in line with Strasburg type hype. Machado could be attractive to Miami too because hes marketable being from the area.
    See, the problem with that is that Miami just got Yunel Escobar and Adeiny Heccheveria (I probably spelled that wrong). They are both SS's and they consider the latter to be their SS of the future, so they may not have interest in him. They are becoming stacked there.

I know Bundy is the next phenom, but what if he got hurt? Positional players are less likely to get hurt than pitchers.

vCash
    while i would love to see stanton, i think stanton would be a great addition for that big bat, but would they be interested in a trade?? if we offered arrieta, reimold, and steve johnson. They would get 3 big league ready players and under their control while we get the bat we need.

vCash
    The Marlins claim he is not on the market, and there is no way the Marlins would give him up without us surrendering on of Machado/Bundy. Stanton is 23, not even arbitration eligible yet (he will be after the 2013 season), and he will not be a free agent until after the 2016 season. That is 4 years of team control for a mashing slugger who will be somewhere between the 6th and 8th youngest player to reach 100 HR.

I would not give up Bundy unless we signed Stanton to a contract extension.

I do not know the level of interest the Marlins would have in Machado because they have depth at SS now.

vCash
    I'd love it but Bundy is still untouchable. I think Arrieta, Matusz, Hunter, and Schoop. Maybe even Kevin Gausman and Avery

vCash
    I mean, mayyyyyybe they'd take Gausman as the centerpiece if we give them a lot of quantity in a trade..

Gausman
    Matusz
    Arrieta
    Avery
    Schoop

Sounds like a lot. I'm not even sure if they'd take that, as Arrieta and Matusz are due to be making more money soon here.

Maybe

Gausman
    Schoop
    Avery
    Delmonico
    Strop

vCash
    I'd go those do those for Stanton. He'd be a beast at the yard. No question. I could see the Rays making a push at him with all that pitching too.

vCash
    I want to keep Bundy/Gausman/Delmonico. Bundy and Gausman (moreso Bundy) are exactly what this team lacked this season and I met Delmonico this summer and he's a real nice dude.
    Manchester City - Baltimore Ravens - Baltimore Orioles - Brooklyn Nets

vCash

Trade possibility- Giancarlo Stanton?

I would trade Bundy for Stanton.

I dont think id need an extension. Hes under contract for another three years
    Last edited by Driven; 11-26-2012 at 11:32 AM.

vCash
    Yep. I'd hate it but an everyday player at 23 who proved he can do it the majors is more logical. Especially with the recent chance of depth at SP. I'd rather trade Gausman though.

vCash
    I can't see anyone getting Stanton without giving up a couple of can't miss prospects. Bundy would have to be the first one. Then you need to add your next best prospect and a couple of lower level guys. Sure would juice up that lineup though.
    "I'd still rather be dead than be in Philadelphia!"--W.C. Fields