Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    vCash
    i posted this in the Knick game thread a little while back:

Quote Originally Posted by Knowledge
    over/under: 10 more Turner starts before being benched?
    Turner played 23 minutes today. I think someone (besides Lavoy) is going to get benched soon and Turner is going to be candidate numero uno.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam Hinkie
    "I'm probably pretty boring to watch a game with because I''m all about expected values. I don''t even care if it goes in or not, I'm all about, '‘Should it go in?'' I can live with randomness. I mean, if it''s a close game in the end, yeah, I''m just like anyone else. But I just want us to play the odds all the time."
    TerminH1NK13

vCash

Game 8 (11-14-12): Sixers (4-3) vs. Pistons (0-8)

Shot 29% from the field. A floor-record low. Literally one of our worst games in team history.

vCash
    Starters were outrebounded 46-19. Ouch.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Knowledge View Post
    i posted this in the Knick game thread a little while back:

Quote Originally Posted by Knowledge
    over/under: 10 more Turner starts before being benched?
    Turner played 23 minutes today. I think someone (besides Lavoy) is going to get benched soon and Turner is going to be candidate numero uno.
    Turner needs more burn at the 2.

Less jrich and young, more turner and wright

gotta pay the troll toll

vCash
    Missed the game tonight kinda happy I did going to read through the thread and the review and see if I can get what the box score didn't tell me.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RickyPrior View Post
    Blowout.

Big night for Hawes.
    You called the blowout.

vCash
    Two words for you:
    PUH
    THETIC

Two other words:
    FIRE
    COLLINS

embarrassing

vCash
    i bet you werent saying fire Collins after the Celtics win...

RETURN OF THE MAC

Rec: 57 Yards: 921 TD: 9

vCash
    huge problem with our rebounding is the lack of ability to stop guard penetration. jrue is the only player i see who can do that. turner at times too. when a guard penetrates our bigs have to rotate which give offensive rebounding opportunities and open jumpshots on kick outs.

isnt that what ivey is supposed to do? well hes getting blown by so why in the world is he getting so many minutes?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 2-ONE-5 View Post
    I was joking with the collins comment...but my God, they should be embarrassed...I could see losing to them, but getting blown out at home by a winless team is ridiculous...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 2-ONE-5 View Post
    That was early season Celts. They don't start playing their best until later in the season.

Also, against the Raptors 2 of their 3 best players were on the bench. And against the Hornets, their best player didn't play either. Denver had to fly accross the country and didn't play their best.

The W/L record doesn't look terribly good right now considering the early competition. Doug isn't exactly doing a terribly impressive job.
    Last edited by wannabGM; 11-15-2012 at 08:11 PM.
    When you go out of the way just to hate...no one takes you seriously.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Knowledge View Post
    Listening to DC postgame. Now he says we lack size and physicality after bragging about the team's size prior to the regular season even without Bynum. Spence, Kwame, and Lavoy are big, but none of them are good enough to be 30 minute a night big men consistently.

Honestly, this may be a healthy experience for the organization. Now they can see why your coach shouldn't be making personnel decisions. Its 7 games into the season and he is already seeing that the guys he brought in aren't as good as he thought.

Bynum would hide a lot of these problems, but without him, they become clearer with each game. Heck, the importance of the roles EB and Iggy played last year become clearer with each game too.

I used to chuckle inwardly every time someone commented last year and even this one about how we had a good defensive scheme....and that maybe Brand and Iggy's loss wouldn't be felt much as a result. That sentiment was not based on reality, apparently.

Our players tend to for the most part be somewhat disciplined defensively compared to the pre-Collins teams we've had to watch(except for getting back on defense lately) but the schemes are not impressive, and the personnel not so much either. Even if Brand was only playing 25 minutes in a Reggie Evans-type role, our team would be potentially much better. We couldn't defend a pick and roll last night. And we couldn't defend a 2nd year spot up shooter on the wing. How anyone could believe EB and Iggy don't dramatically improve our chances of defeating that team last night, I don't know what game is being watched.
    Last edited by wannabGM; 11-15-2012 at 08:23 PM.
    When you go out of the way just to hate...no one takes you seriously.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345