Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bigsams50 View Post
    While i agree Kemba would be a greath 6th man, do you not think that he can be a good starter? As for Mullens, i can speak for a few Bobcats fans, when i say we hate him alot of times. All he does is shoot 3's. MKG has been great this year, but last night was an off day for him. He did hurt his back i think the night before though
    I know you're question was for Hawk, but I was talking about this with someone the other day and I, for one, think Walker is one of those players better served in the 6th man role like a J.J. Barea or a Nate Robinson. They are at their best when their free to attack and get assists more as a consequence of drawing the defense to them than setting someone else up.

Those guys are good players, but they are not ideal for a starting lineup where a good team should have better 1st options.

vCash
    While i agree Kemba would be a greath 6th man, do you not think that he can be a good starter? As for Mullens, i can speak for a few Bobcats fans, when i say we hate him alot of times. All he does is shoot 3's. MKG has been great this year, but last night was an off day for him. He did hurt his back i think the night before though
    Kemba can be a good starter, but lets be honest. He is a midget 2-guard in all reality. I honestly think the scorer off the bench role is better suited for him bringing wins to his team down the line, though he, and the Cat's need to go through development. And quite frankly, there is nobody to replace him as a starter, unless you want to roll with Sessions. You don't bring your best player off the bench if you are a lottery team. So the Cats simply need to get another stud in the draft, keep developing, and down the line, I think Kemba would be a 6th man of the year type player if they can build a roster that allows him to move to the bench.

If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

vCash
    yes they have kemba he can make it possible kemba is a beast

First Sim League Title!

AgrÃ*nio, Aitolia Kai Akarnania, Greece, Greece
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by topdog View Post
    I know you're question was for Hawk, but I was talking about this with someone the other day and I, for one, think Walker is one of those players better served in the 6th man role like a J.J. Barea or a Nate Robinson. They are at their best when their free to attack and get assists more as a consequence of drawing the defense to them than setting someone else up.

Those guys are good players, but they are not ideal for a starting lineup where a good team should have better 1st options.
    I agree 100% that Kemba would be better as a 6th man. But i also think he can be a good starter with the right cast around him. Yes, he i undersized and at times struggles on D (he seems to be solid what i've seen so far this year, dont know what the stats will show though lol ), he is proving he can score in this league, and he has a leadership quality about him. IDK, maybe its because i'm a homer, but i have faith in him. I didnt last year lol

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye15 View Post
    Kemba can be a good starter, but lets be honest. He is a midget 2-guard in all reality. I honestly think the scorer off the bench role is better suited for him bringing wins to his team down the line, though he, and the Cat's need to go through development. And quite frankly, there is nobody to replace him as a starter, unless you want to roll with Sessions. You don't bring your best player off the bench if you are a lottery team. So the Cats simply need to get another stud in the draft, keep developing, and down the line, I think Kemba would be a 6th man of the year type player if they can build a roster that allows him to move to the bench.
    I agree completely, he is an undersized 2-guard, but that doesnt mean he cant start at the point. He will never be a Rondo, CP3, or Rubio type of player (which i prefer at the point), but i think in the right system he can be a good starter. Like in Dunlaps current system, he seems to be thriving. As for 6th man of the year, Sessions could be an option this year lol

vCash
    I agree 100% that Kemba would be better as a 6th man. But i also think he can be a good starter with the right cast around him. Yes, he i undersized and at times struggles on D (he seems to be solid what i've seen so far this year, dont know what the stats will show though lol ), he is proving he can score in this league, and he has a leadership quality about him. IDK, maybe its because i'm a homer, but i have faith in him. I didnt last year lol
    I remember Kemba's 1st year at UCONN and I wanted him to come out in that draft so we could get him at 20 or something like that. He's definitely a winner and a gamer, but he's not a guy you want spotting up (because of his size/abilities) so you always kind of have to have the ball in his hands.

Personally, I just don't think it bodes well for a team to have Walker as a starter or else it means he's not being fully utilized. Obviously, right now the Bobcats are still finding themselves and they don't have a true franchise player or legit #1 option. He works fine as a starter until you get guys who need more touches and need to take the ball out of Kemba's hands to feed that post option or let the SG (imagine Harden for instance) create.
    Last edited by topdog; 11-15-2012 at 04:26 PM.

vCash
    For me, it's just to early to tell. Hopefully they can get at least to double digit wins this year.

Wallpaper made by me.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Azzacadabra View Post
    For me, it's just to early to tell. Hopefully they can get at least to double digit wins this year.
    well, I think this roster, if Kemba keeps it up, MKG continues his nice play, and they get good guard play, can win 25-30 games at least.

If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

vCash
    Bobcats will not win more than 25 games.

vCash
    Was kinda hoping for their team to suck a few more years so they can really build through the draft.

vCash
    I like the Bobcats so far. I hope they get the 8th seed

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Guppyfighter View Post
    Bobcats will not win more than 25 games.
    well, they need to go 22-53 from here on out to win 26. I don't see why that's not something that is achievable if they stay healthy. Likely? Maybe not, seeing as injuries haven't really set in yet.

vCash
    I'm with you. This is a different Kemba. He's focused, he's a leader and he's fearless. While those are also qualities of a chucker I believe he has a high enough b-ball IQ that he won't ruin an offense.

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye15 View Post
    well, they need to go 22-53 from here on out to win 26. I don't see why that's not something that is achievable if they stay healthy. Likely? Maybe not, seeing as injuries haven't really set in yet.
    I'd put them in that range I could see a 30-52 season. Which though will not be a post season birth is a vast improvement over last year.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by topdog View Post
    I remember Kemba's 1st year at UCONN and I wanted him to come out in that draft so we could get him at 20 or something like that. He's definitely a winner and a gamer, but he's not a guy you want spotting up (because of his size/abilities) so you always kind of have to have the ball in his hands.

Personally, I just don't think it bodes well for a team to have Walker as a starter or else it means he's not being fully utilized. Obviously, right now the Bobcats are still finding themselves and they don't have a true franchise player or legit #1 option. He works fine as a starter until you get guys who need more touches and need to take the ball out of Kemba's hands to feed that post option or let the SG (imagine Harden for instance) create.
    I think if he plays next to another guard who has good ball control he can be a good starter. Yes, he would be better suited as a back up, but that doesnt mean he cant be solid as a starter. The last two games, him and sessions have played well off of each other. I want to see how he holds up for the rest of the season though, before i pass my judgement on him

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ebbs View Post
    I'm with you. This is a different Kemba. He's focused, he's a leader and he's fearless. While those are also qualities of a chucker I believe he has a high enough b-ball IQ that he won't ruin an offense.

I'd put them in that range I could see a 30-52 season. Which though will not be a post season birth is a vast improvement over last year.
    He does seem to be playing very differently this year. He's alot more confident and assertive.

Since people are guessing what record we will end up with, i'll give it a go lol 28-54

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast