Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    vCash
    ATL, MIL, CLE are all better, IMO.

vCash
    The bobcats making the playoffs would be the worst thing that could happen to them as odd as that sounds. Theyll never be good enough to win it all, but they wont have a high draft pick either. The bobcats should trade with a team like the cavs and clear cap space to go after a superstar or 2 to add to kemba and kdd-gilchrist. You could trade Tyrus Thomas, Ben Gordon, Biyembo, and this years first to Cleveland for the expiring contracts of Luke Walton, Daniel Gibson, Casspi, Pargo. Add that to the already expiring contracts of diop, henderson, mullens, and williams and you're left with like $28 million in cap space, and youd still have kemba and gilchrist. This is what the Clippers did to unload Baron Davis.

Maybe they could sign Al Jefferson and Josh Smith. Then just pick up some vets for cheap and the Bobcats could compete finally.
    Last edited by richiesaurus310; 11-14-2012 at 01:13 PM.

vCash
    I can't see it, but they are headed in the right direction.

vCash
    Alil early?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by raiderposting View Post
    why would bobcat fans want an 8 seed going up against the powers of the east they'll never be successful like that. get a top 2 pick one more time and then you guys in 2 or so years can become a very good team. yes TANK.
    because 8th seed in the playoffs is something they have not experienced

but to answer the question, no i dont think they will make it

Grizz: 47-32 Titans: 7-9 UK BBall: 29-11 APSU BBall: 12-18
    - MJ-BULLS

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by black1605 View Post
    Way too early, but it is a positive sign that we have won two of those games without Henderson, and last we won last night without Henderson or Gordon.

I'm really looking forward to tonight's game against Minnesota.
    I am looking forward to it too! Sucks that we are without Roy, Love, Rubio, Pek, Buddinger, and Barea :cry: LOL

But I am intrigued by the Bobcats I even picked them as one of my teams to watch on league pass! Should be an interesting game! Good Luck!

7. 11-14-2012, 01:32 PM
    Reason
    Don't post if you don't like

AgrÃ*nio, Aitolia Kai Akarnania, Greece, Greece
    vCash
    As impressive as it would be, i dont really want playoffs yet. We need at least, another top 5 talent on this team. Its nice to see the players respond the way they have this year though.

vCash
    I can't see them making it but it's a good time to grow. Kemba is looking like he's going to be a star (so far) and MKG is showing he was worth taking with the #2 instead of trading it.

vCash
    Another question I'd ask is, should Charlotte finish with 35-40 wins, would Dunlap have any shot at coach of the year?

vCash
    Sorry, but there's really just no chance. If I'm a Charlotte fan, I'm excited with what the youth has been able to produce early this season... But realistically, the Bobcats aren't going to sniff the playoffs this season.

If their young guys are showing their true potential though, then they've got something nice for the near future.

Andrew Luck, Robert Griffin III, and Colin Kaepernick walk into a bar... To watch Russell Wilson win the Super Bowl.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by king4day View Post
    Another question I'd ask is, should Charlotte finish with 35-40 wins, would Dunlap have any shot at coach of the year?
    I'd say so. I mean it would obviously depend on how other coaches/team perform, but I would definitely have him toward the top of the list regardless if Charlotte were able to pull that off.

Andrew Luck, Robert Griffin III, and Colin Kaepernick walk into a bar... To watch Russell Wilson win the Super Bowl.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MrfadeawayJB View Post
    because 8th seed in the playoffs is something they have not experienced

but to answer the question, no i dont think they will make it
    We've never experienced 8th seed, but we have experienced 7th.

As far as making it this year, I'm on the fence. As has already been stated, we still need top tier young talents to round out the core, but if this team is good enough to make it, I'm all for it.

We will go into the offseason with some flexibility to improve regardless. Diop's awful deal will expire, Warrick's contract becomes a team option that probably wont't be picked up, and we still have our Amnesty to use on Thomas, which unless he improves significantly during the course of the season, looks like it will happen. That frees up around twenty million dollars.

One obvious downside of making the playoffs is that the Bulls would get our draft pick, but on the flipside, we could still end up with Portland's pick this year. We're also owed a first round pick from Detroit, but as sad as they look so far, we won't be cashing in on that this year.

vCash
    To answer the OP's question, I think Charlotte will hit some bumps in the road this season that will prevent them from being competitive for that No. 8 seed. HOWEVER, fans of this franchise clearly finally have something to be excited about. I haven't had the opportunity to watch a game yet, but I've been seriously impressed by the numbers Walker and Sessions are putting up. Also, I think MKG had bust written all over him after the preseason, but he's been putting up some disgusting numbers the last few games.

I think they still need to add a talented young big man to that core, but that team is exciting, and I could legitimately see them making the playoffs 1-2 seasons down the road.

Quote Originally Posted by D-Leethal View Post
    Lakers will make the playoffs this year and my bold prediction is they finish higher than the Rockets.
    Quote Originally Posted by nickdymez View Post
    And Lebron puts up great numbers, your right. Debate over. You win. Lebron is the greatest

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by black1605 View Post
    Way too early, but it is a positive sign that we have won two of those games without Henderson, and last we won last night without Henderson or Gordon.

I'm really looking forward to tonight's game against Minnesota.
    Out for tonights game:

Love
    Rubio
    Pekovic
    Budinger
    Roy
    Barea

You won't be playing the Wolves, you will be playing 9 role players haha. But good luck either way dude. I am sure our mascot will tear his achilles tendon tonight, seems fitting.

If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

vCash
    Its hard for me to name Bobcat players I don't anything about them.

So I have no idea.

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast