Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 19
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    1,925
    vCash
    1500

    Stewart and Panthers reach extension

    http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap200..._breaking_news

    No details released yet. I, for one, am excited about this, and I know several of you are as well. And, no, I don't think this spells the end of Williams's stay in Charlotte.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    471
    vCash
    1500
    i am very excited and neither do i. i see us keeping our 4 headed attack on dwill, stew, tolbert and CAM

    The start of something great to come in Carolina, bring on the haters!

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    South Carolina
    Posts
    43,277
    vCash
    7100
    Incredibly good news. We had to lock up Stewart long term.
    On Cam Newton:

    Quote Originally Posted by Norm View Post
    So it's official.

    This jerk off is going to be the first QB taken in the first round (or maybe the first 5) in the modern era to throw less than 300 passes at DI level. and he might go #1 overall.


    hahahahahahahahahahahaha

    Nfl scouting is a joke.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    739
    vCash
    1500
    I couldn't be happier Stewart is a valuable part of our team and we needed to lock him up. Below is more information about the extension.

    Panthers agreed to terms with RB Jonathan Stewart on a five-year, $36.5 million extension.
    GM Marty Hurney wasn't kidding when he said Stewart wasn't on the trade block. The deal includes $22.5 million guaranteed. It could be seen as a puzzling move for a team that sunk $21 million guaranteed into DeAngelo Williams last summer, but Williams' guarantees are up after 2012. It's a strong sign Williams will either be cut or asked to restructure in the offseason, though cutting Williams would entail a roughly $4.85 million cap hit. One of the league's most dynamic young backs, Stewart averaged a sizzling 5.4 yards on his 142 carries last season, and added 47 catches for 413 receiving yards. He's locked in as a high-end RB2 for 2012, and boasts RB1 upside in Dynasty leagues, though his future is tied to Williams'.
    Related: DeAngelo Williams
    Source: Adam Caplan on Twitter
    Aug 11 - 5:04 PM

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    5,090
    vCash
    1437
    That's a lot of money for a team that was struggling to meet cap requirements. Does that mean his contract is back-loaded (since Dwill's was front-loaded)? The only way I see Dwill restructuring is if his season isn't so good or he has small injuries. Is DWill's remaining contract performance based?

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    1,925
    vCash
    1500
    The rest of Williams's contract is not guaranteed (after 2012). Williams seems like the kind of player who would restructure to help the team. We still had about $8m of cap room this year, I think, so we're still pretty far under, I would assume.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    1,224
    vCash
    1500
    This is a great signing! If they can just lock up williams and maybe trade for a few more #2 running backs they will be set with the most over paid and deep stable of non playoff running back ever! Seriously, Stewart is good but why so many #2 backs?

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    1,925
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by AllKohn View Post
    This is a great signing! If they can just lock up williams and maybe trade for a few more #2 running backs they will be set with the most over paid and deep stable of non playoff running back ever! Seriously, Stewart is good but why so many #2 backs?
    You mean besides the fact that Williams and Stewart are both #1 RBs in ANY system in the NFL?

    Either you're trolling (fail) or you haven't done your research. Either of these guys would near the top of the league in rushing if they weren't splitting carries, including one season in which they BOTH rushed for over 1100 yards (and averaged 5.2 and 5.1 YPC). Last year, they both averaged 5.4 YPC. Pretty sure that's near the very top of the league.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    739
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by AllKohn View Post
    This is a great signing! If they can just lock up williams and maybe trade for a few more #2 running backs they will be set with the most over paid and deep stable of non playoff running back ever! Seriously, Stewart is good but why so many #2 backs?
    That is laughable coming from a Steelers guy since your team has ZERO running backs.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    1,925
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by CarolinaFan87 View Post
    That is laughable coming from a Steelers guy since your team has ZERO running backs.
    Actually, they have some really good young RBs (particularly their speed backs Batch and Rainey), but with Mendenhall injured, their #1 RB will be Redman and he'll need to prove he's truly a #1 RB because he hasn't had that role ever in his career.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    South Carolina
    Posts
    43,277
    vCash
    7100
    Quote Originally Posted by AllKohn View Post
    This is a great signing! If they can just lock up williams and maybe trade for a few more #2 running backs they will be set with the most over paid and deep stable of non playoff running back ever! Seriously, Stewart is good but why so many #2 backs?
    You're an idiot if you think EITHER of them is a #2 back. Both Williams and Stewart are both high-end #1 backs.
    On Cam Newton:

    Quote Originally Posted by Norm View Post
    So it's official.

    This jerk off is going to be the first QB taken in the first round (or maybe the first 5) in the modern era to throw less than 300 passes at DI level. and he might go #1 overall.


    hahahahahahahahahahahaha

    Nfl scouting is a joke.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    739
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by homestarunner93 View Post
    You're an idiot if you think EITHER of them is a #2 back. Both Williams and Stewart are both high-end #1 backs.
    I think he must be trolling because no one can possibly be that dumb. If he is actually that much of a idiot I think humanity may be lost.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    South Carolina
    Posts
    43,277
    vCash
    7100
    Quote Originally Posted by CarolinaFan87 View Post
    I think he must be trolling because no one can possibly be that dumb. If he is actually that much of a idiot I think humanity may be lost.
    I think he's just a typical Steelers fan, really.


    EVERYONE ON THE STEELERS IS THE BEST AT THEIR POSITION IN THE NFL. NO ONE ELSE MATTERS.
    On Cam Newton:

    Quote Originally Posted by Norm View Post
    So it's official.

    This jerk off is going to be the first QB taken in the first round (or maybe the first 5) in the modern era to throw less than 300 passes at DI level. and he might go #1 overall.


    hahahahahahahahahahahaha

    Nfl scouting is a joke.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    1,925
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by homestarunner93 View Post
    I think he's just a typical Steelers fan, really.


    EVERYONE ON THE STEELERS IS THE BEST AT THEIR POSITION IN THE NFL. NO ONE ELSE MATTERS.
    Ouch... you do realize that when I'm not busy being a Panthers fan, I'm a Steelers fan, right? I didn't realize I was that ignorant. And JDM (who also shows up on our forums sometimes) is a Steelers fan and definitely not like that. Let's avoid sweeping statements like that, yeah?


    EDIT: For what it's worth, most of the posters on the Steelers forum here at PSD don't fit that description. (I didn't want to leave everyone else out of my exception list.)
    Last edited by N.E.PanthersFan; 08-12-2012 at 01:02 PM.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    739
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by N.E.PanthersFan View Post
    Actually, they have some really good young RBs (particularly their speed backs Batch and Rainey), but with Mendenhall injured, their #1 RB will be Redman and he'll need to prove he's truly a #1 RB because he hasn't had that role ever in his career.
    There running backs are average at best and personally I am being nice.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •