Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

Stewart and Panthers reach extension

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap200..._breaking_news

No details released yet. I, for one, am excited about this, and I know several of you are as well. And, no, I don't think this spells the end of Williams's stay in Charlotte.

vCash
    i am very excited and neither do i. i see us keeping our 4 headed attack on dwill, stew, tolbert and CAM

The start of something great to come in Carolina, bring on the haters!

vCash
    Incredibly good news. We had to lock up Stewart long term.
    On Cam Newton:

Quote Originally Posted by Norm View Post
    So it's official.

This jerk off is going to be the first QB taken in the first round (or maybe the first 5) in the modern era to throw less than 300 passes at DI level. and he might go #1 overall.

hahahahahahahahahahahaha

Nfl scouting is a joke.

vCash
    I couldn't be happier Stewart is a valuable part of our team and we needed to lock him up. Below is more information about the extension.

Panthers agreed to terms with RB Jonathan Stewart on a five-year, $36.5 million extension.
    GM Marty Hurney wasn't kidding when he said Stewart wasn't on the trade block. The deal includes $22.5 million guaranteed. It could be seen as a puzzling move for a team that sunk $21 million guaranteed into DeAngelo Williams last summer, but Williams' guarantees are up after 2012. It's a strong sign Williams will either be cut or asked to restructure in the offseason, though cutting Williams would entail a roughly $4.85 million cap hit. One of the league's most dynamic young backs, Stewart averaged a sizzling 5.4 yards on his 142 carries last season, and added 47 catches for 413 receiving yards. He's locked in as a high-end RB2 for 2012, and boasts RB1 upside in Dynasty leagues, though his future is tied to Williams'.
    Related: DeAngelo Williams
    Source: Adam Caplan on Twitter
    Aug 11 - 5:04 PM

vCash
    That's a lot of money for a team that was struggling to meet cap requirements. Does that mean his contract is back-loaded (since Dwill's was front-loaded)? The only way I see Dwill restructuring is if his season isn't so good or he has small injuries. Is DWill's remaining contract performance based?

vCash
    The rest of Williams's contract is not guaranteed (after 2012). Williams seems like the kind of player who would restructure to help the team. We still had about $8m of cap room this year, I think, so we're still pretty far under, I would assume.

vCash
    This is a great signing! If they can just lock up williams and maybe trade for a few more #2 running backs they will be set with the most over paid and deep stable of non playoff running back ever! Seriously, Stewart is good but why so many #2 backs?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AllKohn View Post
    This is a great signing! If they can just lock up williams and maybe trade for a few more #2 running backs they will be set with the most over paid and deep stable of non playoff running back ever! Seriously, Stewart is good but why so many #2 backs?
    You mean besides the fact that Williams and Stewart are both #1 RBs in ANY system in the NFL?

Either you're trolling (fail) or you haven't done your research. Either of these guys would near the top of the league in rushing if they weren't splitting carries, including one season in which they BOTH rushed for over 1100 yards (and averaged 5.2 and 5.1 YPC). Last year, they both averaged 5.4 YPC. Pretty sure that's near the very top of the league.

vCash
    That is laughable coming from a Steelers guy since your team has ZERO running backs.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CarolinaFan87 View Post
    That is laughable coming from a Steelers guy since your team has ZERO running backs.
    Actually, they have some really good young RBs (particularly their speed backs Batch and Rainey), but with Mendenhall injured, their #1 RB will be Redman and he'll need to prove he's truly a #1 RB because he hasn't had that role ever in his career.

vCash
    You're an idiot if you think EITHER of them is a #2 back. Both Williams and Stewart are both high-end #1 backs.
    On Cam Newton:

So it's official.

This jerk off is going to be the first QB taken in the first round (or maybe the first 5) in the modern era to throw less than 300 passes at DI level. and he might go #1 overall.

hahahahahahahahahahahaha

Nfl scouting is a joke.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by homestarunner93 View Post
    You're an idiot if you think EITHER of them is a #2 back. Both Williams and Stewart are both high-end #1 backs.
    I think he must be trolling because no one can possibly be that dumb. If he is actually that much of a idiot I think humanity may be lost.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CarolinaFan87 View Post
    I think he must be trolling because no one can possibly be that dumb. If he is actually that much of a idiot I think humanity may be lost.
    I think he's just a typical Steelers fan, really.

EVERYONE ON THE STEELERS IS THE BEST AT THEIR POSITION IN THE NFL. NO ONE ELSE MATTERS.
    On Cam Newton:

So it's official.

hahahahahahahahahahahaha

Nfl scouting is a joke.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by homestarunner93 View Post
    I think he's just a typical Steelers fan, really.

EVERYONE ON THE STEELERS IS THE BEST AT THEIR POSITION IN THE NFL. NO ONE ELSE MATTERS.
    Ouch... you do realize that when I'm not busy being a Panthers fan, I'm a Steelers fan, right? I didn't realize I was that ignorant. And JDM (who also shows up on our forums sometimes) is a Steelers fan and definitely not like that. Let's avoid sweeping statements like that, yeah?

EDIT: For what it's worth, most of the posters on the Steelers forum here at PSD don't fit that description. (I didn't want to leave everyone else out of my exception list.)
    Last edited by N.E.PanthersFan; 08-12-2012 at 01:02 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by N.E.PanthersFan View Post
    Actually, they have some really good young RBs (particularly their speed backs Batch and Rainey), but with Mendenhall injured, their #1 RB will be Redman and he'll need to prove he's truly a #1 RB because he hasn't had that role ever in his career.
    There running backs are average at best and personally I am being nice.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast