Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 67 of 67 FirstFirst ... 1757656667
Results 991 to 1,000 of 1000
  1. #991
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    9,196
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyben36 View Post
    SEe, you are only seeing value in what gordon brings offensivly, which yes, is alot more than Deng brings to the table any day, however, he is also undersized for a SG, not a great defender (not as bad as his brother but still). and Deng is our Key defender on this team, without Deng, who plays 40+ minutes for a reason, not because of his offense, but because of his defense.

    I think whatever Gordon brings to the table offensivly we will end up loosing defensvily, thus, a wash of a trade. I think there are better options than trading for Gordon at this point, especaily considering his injury history.

    Fact is, I think the only payer I would move is Booze rand maybe one of our bench guys for Gordon, becasue he is too much of a risk. obviously, the Hornets would want nothing to do with boozer with the tallent they already have there but perhaps a 3 way
    I actually agree with this. I wouldn't really have any interest in Gordon on his max deal. His injuries really make him not worth it. For those who say you have to take the risk because of his talent need to ask how signing Grant Hill to that max deal worked out for Orlando. Crippled them for years. Not interested in a guy who gets hurt every year.

    No more Rose? When is football season again?

  2. #992
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    In a house in a Coldesac in Lake in the Hills, Il
    Posts
    13,959
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Turtle55 View Post
    I actually agree with this. I wouldn't really have any interest in Gordon on his max deal. His injuries really make him not worth it. For those who say you have to take the risk because of his talent need to ask how signing Grant Hill to that max deal worked out for Orlando. Crippled them for years. Not interested in a guy who gets hurt every year.
    not exactly what I said, I agree that gordon is a risk on his deal, and not worth Deng, Noah or Rose (I shoudl not even have to list him) but would be willing IMO to part ways with Boozer for him. yes, he has injuries, but I think that he could be worth the risk. but like I said again, Deng has to much value to this team to deal him for a guy with that much risk.

    hell, even without the risk, I beleive that Deng has more value overall than Gordon when considering both offensive and defensive production.


    ‎"If your going to be thinking anyway, you might as well think big"

    -Rem Koolhaas

  3. #993
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    6
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyben36 View Post
    From what I saw, he definitly isnt Rondo, because he doesnt pass as well unless its an allstar type game bro.

    He isnt Evans, because evans is 6'6 220 and uses his ball handling skills and size to get to the basket and finsih

    he isnt Wall either, who is just severly athletic up and down the court.

    and now that you compared him to JOrdan, this conversation is over.

    could he be a good player, im not saying that, but at 6'4, he is underszied, and for you to say D wade is 6'4, d wade also has like a 7'2 wingspan allowing him to defend larger guards, he is also IMO more atlheticaly gifted than this guy.

    I like his atacking skill to the basket, but even so, its rare to see him just free in the lane, he is allways taking floaters over the oposing players, so he isnt that athletic. his shooting stroke is also a concern for me. its not quick and its not pure.

    as far as his work ethic goes good for him. he may be a good player, but for you to say we have to take him. why woulndnt every other team see it the same way and take him first overall. well my friend, because the NBA has better scouting abilities than a (insert your age here) guy who sits on his computer and watches highlight videos.
    lol from this post you didn't watch the videos and clearly didn't read the articles. and i'm sure you are better to judge than the college coach of durant who made the Jordan comparison not me, or the other coaches that made the other comparisons, or Derrick Rose's former college coach that recruited him listen to your own advice.

    also, Archie and Wade have the same height (actually Archie is 6'5") and wingspan

    http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/...-Goodwin-6432/

    http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/dwyane-wade-4726/
    Last edited by MottoYOLO; 12-28-2012 at 05:42 PM.

  4. #994
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    5,752
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Shammyguy3 View Post
    This is where you have no idea what you're talking about because you never watch the games (not entirely your fault). Just saying a statement like that doesn't help your argument. Eric Gordon, when healthy, was easily a top-20 he player with great efficiency and he's the same age as Rose is.

    The only problem that would occur is if Gordon isn't healthy. But since many people feel like this season is out-of-reach in terms of a championship, why not take a risk on a guy like that who's disgruntled and wants out. If the risk pays off, you have the best backcourt in the league for 6+ seasons.

    And the "only offense in the backcourt" is a stupid statement as well. You can't have great defenders at every position. Eric Gordon is just fine as a defender, plus Derrick Rose is one of the best defending PGs in the league man.

    Your post here simply reveals what most of us already know: that you really don't have any idea what you're talking about because you don't know who half the players in the league are (even the stars) and you don't watch the games.
    What doesnt help your argument is using my lack of basketball experience as a start. Either you agree or you dont.

    But you said it right "gordon when healthy"... have you looked at the number of games he made last season and this season combined? This is a guy with 4years on his contract to go with around 14/15M a year.
    If the risk doesnt pay off like you said, you stay with another 15M year man that was traded for nothing less than DENG.

    Also, you understood my off backcourt statement wrongly or i explained wrongly. What i was trying to say is that without deng (buter on his spot) you dont have off on the frontcourt, just on the back. You stay with Jimmy+BOOZER+NOAH... you loose the one guy (deng) that can play more at the front and give us off. At defense i agree the team is good with jimmy.

    That last part... man you dont need to do that. Pleople know i dont know much about the players... they know it because i have no problem saying it. But i am learning and i have the right to my opinion.

  5. #995
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    5,752
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyben36 View Post
    not exactly what I said, I agree that gordon is a risk on his deal, and not worth Deng, Noah or Rose (I shoudl not even have to list him) but would be willing IMO to part ways with Boozer for him. yes, he has injuries, but I think that he could be worth the risk. but like I said again, Deng has to much value to this team to deal him for a guy with that much risk.

    hell, even without the risk, I beleive that Deng has more value overall than Gordon when considering both offensive and defensive production.
    Yes for Boozer it is worth the risk.

  6. #996
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Aurora, IL
    Posts
    7,166
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by MottoYOLO View Post
    lol from this post you didn't watch the videos and clearly didn't read the articles. and i'm sure you are better to judge than the college coach of durant who made the Jordan comparison not me, or the other coaches that made the other comparisons, or Derrick Rose's former college coach that recruited him listen to your own advice.

    also, Archie and Wade have the same height (actually Archie is 6'5") and wingspan

    http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/...-Goodwin-6432/

    http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/dwyane-wade-4726/
    By you stating that Jordan comparison shows how much you are undermining Jordan's legacy. Very doubtful he'll be a jordan caliber player so comparing someone to jordan is pretty empty imo.

  7. #997
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    6
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by ChiBulls4Life View Post
    By you stating that Jordan comparison shows how much you are undermining Jordan's legacy. Very doubtful he'll be a jordan caliber player so comparing someone to jordan is pretty empty imo.
    stop it . nobodies comparing him to Jordan's achievements, which is ridiculous for you to even bring up. the coaches just said that Archie reminded them of Jordan when he was at the same level. complain to Rick Barnes if you have a problem lol
    Last edited by MottoYOLO; 12-28-2012 at 05:59 PM.

  8. #998
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Aurora, IL
    Posts
    7,166
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by MottoYOLO View Post
    stop it . nobodies comparing him to Jordan's achievements, which is ridiculous for you to even bring up. the coaches just said that Archie reminded them of Jordan when he was at the same level. complain to Rick Barnes if you have a problem lol
    lol, did i touch a nerve of yours or something?

  9. #999
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    6
    vCash
    1500
    no, I was explaining the situation.

  10. #1000
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Missouri
    Posts
    67,776
    vCash
    1500

Page 67 of 67 FirstFirst ... 1757656667

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •