Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 33 of 67 FirstFirst ... 23313233343543 ... LastLast
    vCash
    For the guys above, i am a trustable source from the bulls. I have an inside man AH AH
    Motivating Picture for PORTUGAL @ Brasil World Cup

vCash
    You mean you have a man inside you.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CubbyBlue2009 View Post
    You mean you have a man inside you.
    Yes its garpax dog!
    Motivating Picture for PORTUGAL @ Brasil World Cup

vCash
    Bestiality.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ezio View Post
    Shammy must hate those guys in the Cubs forum with insider info.
    Couldn't be farther from the truth. Marlin and Ty have proven for a very long time they have inside information. They've never came on here, posted as often as boogydown has, and clamored for people to follow them on twitter.

They've thrown out names days before anything happens, before any other reports have happened, including the winter meetings and the draft, and have been spot on.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by InRoseWeTrust View Post
    Shabazz is kind of playing like *** right now. I think our magical year is going to be 2014. We're all just going to have to sit tight until then (unless a certain PF becomes available via trade in the meantime).
    That's true. Shabazz has not been playing up to his potential. But keep in mind, he's still transitioning from HS to College. I see a lot of talent in him. Looks like a smooth player with superb athleticism and has a knack for getting in the FT line. I see James Harden in him.

A core of Rose/Muhammad/Mirotic/Noah looks bright.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by InRoseWeTrust View Post
    Shabazz is kind of playing like *** right now. I think our magical year is going to be 2014. We're all just going to have to sit tight until then (unless a certain PF becomes available via trade in the meantime).
    Shabazz is a lottery talent and Bulls ain't a lottery team. They need to find the second star from 2014 free agency.

EDIT:

My 2014 case was a fluke, as the bulls signed Belinelli to a one year deal.
    Last edited by zedrix; 12-11-2012 at 01:39 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by zedrix View Post
    Shabazz is a lottery talent and Bulls ain't a lottery team. They need to find the second star from 2014 free agency.

EDIT:

My 2014 case was a fluke, as the bulls signed Belinelli to a one year deal.
    The 2014 Plan isn't to build enough cap space to sign a Max Free Agent, it's to allow the Bulls to get under the Tax far enough so they can use the Full Mid Level Exception to bring Nikola Mirotic over from Europe and stop paying the Luxury Tax.

The 2014 Plan to land a Max Free Agent was never the Bulls intentions clearly. The only reason people believed it maybe possible was because Omer Asik was let go and Taj Gibson had not been extended. When Taj Gibson was extended in October, this officially ended any chance at landing a Max Free Agent in 2014 since we will only have a maximum of $9m in Cap Space (If we Amnesty Boozer) which I'm sure we'll sign Free Agents in between then/keep players/re-sign guys/possibly add more picks. Now of course we can always make trades in between but we could also do that in 2013 Free Agency if we wanted to as well.

Here are the current players under contract in 2014-2015
    Chicago Bulls Players Under Contract (2014-2015): Rose ($18.9m), Boozer ($16.8m), Noah ($12.2m), Gibson ($8m), Butler ($2m), Teague ($1.1m)

Factor in Cap Holds + Future Picks + Other Free Agent Signings and we will have limited cap space. Nikola Mirotic will require us using the Mid Level Exception since we have no cap space so expectations are the Bulls will be spending less than $74.3m in 2014-2015.

Chicago Bulls Breaking News and Rumors
    View On Twitter
    View On Facebook
    Last edited by boogydown; 12-11-2012 at 07:20 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BullsFTW View Post
    I know they tried trading Deng during this year's draft, but what about moving in the Top 5 of the 2013 draft by packaging Deng, Bobcats Pick, & Bulls 2013 Pick and select one of Muhammad or Poythress.
    Here is what I see happening with Deng:

- Bulls Front Office may try again exploring trade options for Deng but it's unlikely they get the package they want for him. Maybe they are a bit more flexible and would be willing to take less, we'll see.
    - If he isn't dealt during the Draft, I'm guessing we look to extend Deng this summer. Can't risk losing him on the open market in Summer 2014.
    - If we can't extend Deng, it may make the Bulls a bit more flexible towards trading him. Unfortunately, we won't be able to extend Deng until after the 2013 NBA Draft so whatever we get in return if it is a Draft Pick would most likely be in 2014, not 2013.

View On Twitter
    View On Facebook
    Last edited by boogydown; 12-11-2012 at 07:32 AM.

vCash
    Why do the Bulls need to use the MLE for Mirotic? They have his draft rights I believe they owe him the specific salary for his draft slot.
    Quote Originally Posted by effen5 View Post
    2 years ago, this team was worth 650 million dollars. Derrick Rose has played ten games since and now this team is worth a billion dollars. Clearly, it's Tom Thibodeu.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ChiSox219 View Post
    Why do the Bulls need to use the MLE for Mirotic? They have his draft rights I believe they owe him the specific salary for his draft slot.
    It's complex, ill explain more in a second but here is a small explanation:

The Bulls will have to use an MLE, not the Rookie Scale, to sign Mirotic (they have this option beginning in 2014). This means, barring trades, Mirotic will be the major addition in the year they bring him over - they will be unable to sign another major free agent (Chicago will only have minimum contracts and possibly the Bi-Annual Exception left to offer).

The full Mid-Level Exception will probably be required to sign Mirotic. The mini-MLE would be a significant pay cut even if the buyout were negotiated down to zero. This means the Bulls will only be able to sign him in a non-taxpaying year. Deng’s contract comes off the books in 2014, Boozer’s in 2015.

View On Twitter
    View On Facebook

vCash

Andrea Bargnani

Can he be had for 1st rd pick, non-charllote pick? We can then amnesty Boozer, start gibson and have Bargnani play SF/PF off the bench and have a legitimate second/third option.

He doesn't play defense well I know. But he def can play better than Boozer.

vCash
    I think Deng runs his contract out here in Chicago and will sign back at a 'discount' ($10m). I think by then Boozer will be amnestied when Mirotic comes over and thus Boozer will end up with one of the lottery teams. Idk what cap situation would be then. By then JB will be on his last year of his rookie contract.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ChiSox219 View Post
    All about money. It's so complicated. Now that I think about it, it's better to link you to an article that breaks down everything.

http://www.chicagonow.com/chicago-bu...act-situation/

Gringo Rican did a fantastic job writing this in depth article on Nikola Mirotic. Recommendation is whenever you have 20 minutes, read this.

View On Twitter
    View On Facebook

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ChiBulls4Life View Post
    I think Deng runs his contract out here in Chicago and will sign back at a 'discount' ($10m). I think by then Boozer will be amnestied when Mirotic comes over and thus Boozer will end up with one of the lottery teams. Idk what cap situation would be then. By then JB will be on his last year of his rookie contract.
    Exactly.

Bulls will need to keep loading up on "rookie" deals like Jimmy Butler for the next decade as well as constantly change our bench adding 1 or 2 vet min deals. The days of having an expensive bench like we had in 2010-2011, 2011-2012 are over with. Won't be surprised if the Bulls do something with their 2013, 2014, 2015 2nds here to land a late 1st/early 2nd player in the future that can make an impact in our rotation much like they did with Omer Asik and Nikola Mirotic to move up. Bulls are excellent at finding late draft talent, and they should continue to focus here.

Meanwhile with Deng, you have to be concerned that if he goes on the open market in Summer 2014, some team may offer a large 3 year deal we can't match. I wouldn't risk it, and I'd give Deng an extension this summer.

View On Twitter
    View On Facebook

Page 33 of 67 FirstFirst ... 23313233343543 ... LastLast