Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 31 of 67 FirstFirst ... 21293031323341 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BullsFTW View Post
    Would love to have Evans or Thornton for that matter.

Rip + Bobcats Pick for Evans or Thornton
    Thornton looks visibly upset at getting pretty inconsistent minutes recently. He was getting somewhat consistent pt early in the year, but the last few games were very erratic minutes wise. If this keeps up, he may request a traderay:

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ChiBulls4Life View Post
    No reason to keep him on the bench as much as they did imo. He's got a ton of upside and only in his 2nd year after a lockout shortened year. The point being is that without consistent minutes he isn't going to be able to get into rhythm esp. considering, again he's only a 2nd year player and is only 21 years old so techinically he should still be playing college ball. He needs a trade out of Minnesota to tap into his potential. TT/Beasley have been the league for a number of years now (7th/5th respectively) and haven't produced, Williams has only been in the league for 1 lockout shortedned year thus an unfair comparison imo. Also Beasley did do well in his 3rd season when given consistent minutes looking at his stats but that's a different topic of conversation.
    The T'Wolves keep him on the bench because they want to win games so they can make the playoffs and keep Love happy. Derrick Williams is extremely inefficient, is an awful passer, and isn't a good defender. He's a tweener that can't take advantage of msimatches he'd bring as a "big" SF or as a "small" PF. Players have to earn minutes, and Williams simply never has.

Also you can think he's awful and whatnot. I really don't care what your view on him is. Remember you are posting about giving 'time' to teams to either fall out of playoffs or work out chemistry and rise up standings with it being less than 20 games into the season, so why treat a player like him differently? I'm saying it from my opinion (I'm allowed to have one) just like you are saying it from yours, so stating he's 'awful' like it's a fact doesn't fit that, it's your opinion and thus say 'in my opinion he's awful'. I think he has a ton of potential to do really well in the NBA, you don't have to agree with it but personally I would look into trading for the guy if the opportunity presents itself. Again I'm not saying trade someone like Deng/Noah or anything but someone like Gibson I would part with even to get him if it would work (obv. number one choice is Boozer and again i'll state i'm a supporter of boozer). I understand giving up Gibson will hurt the depth to give Noah a breather so maybe the Bulls can either sign a big (which they should do anyway) or take back a big that Minnesota has.
    Sorry, he is awful. That is a fact. He's never shown to be anything but awful when he's on the court. Is it a fact that he'll forever be awful? No, of course not. But right now, he is awful.

I'd invite him on this team simply because of the coaching staff and high-IQ players we have. But no way in hell am I giving up Gibson. Williams' value around the league is a mid-1st round pick or a bad player with untapped potential similar to Williams + a late 1st round pick.

I'll trade any of Teague/Nazr/Vlad and Bulls 1st for him. Anything beyond that and no thank you.

vCash
    I'm in the same vein as boogydown - blockbuster trades probably aren't happening. Smaller trades i.e. draft day pick swaps or younger players on smaller contracts are the way to go. It was why I was for trading Deng pre-draft, like the RUMORED Deng for Evans/5th pick type deals. Deng at some point needs to be used at getting either a high pick, young player or as part of a package that nets us both. Can't let our assets go to waste. Not saying he needs to be dealt NOW, but while his value and contract are at it's most appealing.

Though I do still believe Love is a truly realistic target - moreso down the line than opposed to now.
    I got this

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BullsFTW View Post
    Dwight does not have a better chance of coming to Chicago than Love.
    Short term he does. All it takes is him changing his mind. We aren't getting Love until 2014 at the earliest so yes the Bulls have a better chance at getting Howard than Love short term. Chances of getting any of them are next to none. With Love, there are still so many scenarios moving forward that it's not worth even discussing right now.

Chicago Bulls Breaking News and Rumors
    View On Twitter
    View On Facebook
    Last edited by boogydown; 12-09-2012 at 07:04 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuya_Clive View Post
    Thornton looks visibly upset at getting pretty inconsistent minutes recently. He was getting somewhat consistent pt early in the year, but the last few games were very erratic minutes wise. If this keeps up, he may request a traderay:
    Thornton makes $7.5m this year. Unless we're trading Rip + Belinelli + Vlad + Pick for him at Deadline and then quickly signing more guys for around $400k for the remainder of the year to be 12 man eligible, then it is next to impossible to get Thornton right now.

I'd rather gamble on Evans who has more upside, can learn to play defense much better, makes only $5.2m this season making it easier for us to trade for and could be had for the Bobcats Pick + Rip for Evans + 2013 Kings 2nd. Turnaround come draft day, take the Kings 2nd, our 2nd, and our 2014 2nd and move up in the Draft again for a Late 1st Rd Pick Talent (Jeff Withey or Gorgui Dieng?) on top of our 2013 Pick. Just have to be committed to paying Tyreke Evans if he gets an offer. If they aren't, then forget about it.

View On Twitter
    View On Facebook

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bodupp311 View Post
    I'm in the same vein as boogydown - blockbuster trades probably aren't happening. Smaller trades i.e. draft day pick swaps or younger players on smaller contracts are the way to go. It was why I was for trading Deng pre-draft, like the RUMORED Deng for Evans/5th pick type deals. Deng at some point needs to be used at getting either a high pick, young player or as part of a package that nets us both. Can't let our assets go to waste. Not saying he needs to be dealt NOW, but while his value and contract are at it's most appealing.

Though I do still believe Love is a truly realistic target - moreso down the line than opposed to now.
    Well to be fair, I followed those trades heavily this summer.

During the communications, nothing even came close at getting serious in terms of trading Deng. The Warriors wanted Watson, Gibson, and Deng but couldn't offer any cap relief. Kings wouldn't offer cap relief either, demanded us taking Garcia or Salmons much like they are still doing today and wanted Noah, Gibson, and Deng. The Raptors was the closest deal at getting done but once again, no cap relief. Calderon + #8 was the offer, possibly Davis was involved, and in the end, it was the Bulls who backed away from the deal, not Toronto. Bulls would only move Deng if they got the entire package being picks, cap relief, young asset back. That's what they wanted and nobody could offer it. They were willing to move Deng if they received the "Perfect Package". They didn't though so they moved on. Bulls were going to use that Lottery Pick to hopefully get MKG. I know there was a lot of talk of Bradley Beal, Thomas Robinson, Jeremy Lamb, but they were high on MKG. They thought he was the All Around Package. I believe they were also high on Harrison Barnes as well but MKG was the true target.

Don't be shocked if they re-explore trading Deng again this summer for the "Perfect Package" which they more likely won't get.

View On Twitter
    View On Facebook

vCash
    dude, nobody believes you that you're this "insider" for the Bulls. Nobody goes on a sports forum and lobbies this hard for himself with inside information that is actually legit, and that hasn't been heard or recognized anywhere else or by anyone of significance.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Shammyguy3 View Post
    dude, nobody believes you that you're this "insider" for the Bulls. Nobody goes on a sports forum and lobbies this hard for himself with inside information that is actually legit, and that hasn't been heard or recognized anywhere else or by anyone of significance.
    Wait what? Not sure why you are so upset and assuming things? PM me if you have questions, no need to derail this thread.

View On Twitter
    View On Facebook

vCash
    Shammy, be nice about it.

vCash
    Anyways, I'm hoping for something along these lines:

CHI ---> Rip Hamilton, Taj Gibson, CHI 1st
    CHI <--- Marcin Gortat, Greg Stiemsma

PHO ---> Marcin Gortat, Luis Scola
    PHO <--- Taj Gibson, Derrick Williams, CHI 1st, MIN 1st

MIN ---> Derrick Williams, Greg Stiemsma, MIN 1st
    MIN <--- Rip Hamilton, Luis Scola
    Last edited by Shammyguy3; 12-09-2012 at 03:03 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by boogydown View Post
    Well to be fair, I followed those trades heavily this summer.

During the communications, nothing even came close at getting serious in terms of trading Deng. The Warriors wanted Watson, Gibson, and Deng but couldn't offer any cap relief. Kings wouldn't offer cap relief either, demanded us taking Garcia or Salmons much like they are still doing today and wanted Noah, Gibson, and Deng. The Raptors was the closest deal at getting done but once again, no cap relief. Calderon + #8 was the offer, possibly Davis was involved, and in the end, it was the Bulls who backed away from the deal, not Toronto. Bulls would only move Deng if they got the entire package being picks, cap relief, young asset back. That's what they wanted and nobody could offer it. They were willing to move Deng if they received the "Perfect Package". They didn't though so they moved on. Bulls were going to use that Lottery Pick to hopefully get MKG. I know there was a lot of talk of Bradley Beal, Thomas Robinson, Jeremy Lamb, but they were high on MKG. They thought he was the All Around Package. I believe they were also high on Harrison Barnes as well but MKG was the true target.

Don't be shocked if they re-explore trading Deng again this summer for the "Perfect Package" which they more likely won't get.

View Chicago Bulls Inside Information and Rumors
    On Twitter
    On Facebook
    If Deng continues playing this way(and if he stays healthy I don't see a reason why he can't) and coming off his All-Star season of a year ago they may have the opportunity to get that kind of package this off season - considering he'll be an expiring deal as well. It's why I'm in no hurry to deal him during the season. Unless of course some team knocks our socks off.

I would certainly hope the FO would capitalize on this seeing as he's one of our best assets.
    I got this

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KHinrich12 View Post
    Shammy, be nice about it.
    How am I not being nice about it? I simply said what 99% of frequent posters in this forum think, in a way that wasn't condescending. The closest person who has inside information is Sam Smith, and that's it. And 90% of the time, he has no clue what is going on. You know it, and I know it.

vCash
    Anyways, I'm hoping for something along this lines:

CHI ---> Rip Hamilton, Taj Gibson, CHI 1st
    CHI <--- Marcin Gortat, Greg Stiemsma

PHO ---> Marcin Gortat, Luis Scola
    PHO <--- Taj Gibson, Derrick Williams, CHI 1st, MIN 1st

MIN ---> Derrick Williams, Greg Stiemsma, MIN 1st
    MIN <--- Rip Hamilton, Luis Scola
    This is a pretty good trade here. I know Phoenix reportedly wants a lot back for Marcin Gortat and they get it here. This is about what it would take to get Marcin Gortat.

View On Twitter
    View On Facebook
    Last edited by boogydown; 12-09-2012 at 07:03 PM.

vCash
    How am I not being nice about it? I simply said what 99% of frequent posters in this forum think, in a way that wasn't condescending. The closest person who has inside information is Sam Smith, and that's it. And 90% of the time, he has no clue what is going on. You know it, and I know it.
    There are a lot of things we think but do not say, lol.

vCash
    Which is why I said it for many posters here, and it's not like i belittled the guy or called him names. Simply said no true insider comes on a sports forum, posts as often as he does, and lobbies for followers on facebook and twitter.

Page 31 of 67 FirstFirst ... 21293031323341 ... LastLast