Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 30 of 67 FirstFirst ... 20282930313240 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BullsFTW View Post
    You sure? GM's lie all the time. How many times have we heard, "we're not going to trade you?" line or "we'll do the best we can to keep you". Then all of a sudden, the player gets traded. GM's are here to make decisions on what's best for the team, and if Mirotic signs that contract, honestly his fate is on the hands of GarPax, whether they want to trade him or not. If the deal is for Love, and Wolves want Mirotic, the Bulls will not be hesitant to trade away Mirotic for Love, that I can assure you.
    You really are getting ahead of yourself with the Love thing and are really really really assuming a lot claiming that Love will want to get traded here without even considering the other side other side of the coin dude. Seems like all of your posts are about Love to Chicago for whatever reason. Mirotic is most likely the Bulls future PF for years to come, imo much better chance of that than Love coming here. The Bulls are investing quite a bit in getting Mirotic to come over (have to pay off his contract as well as other expenses as well as having to wait on him all this time with trading to get him).
    Last edited by ChiBulls4Life; 12-08-2012 at 11:30 AM.

vCash
    You sure? GM's lie all the time. How many times have we heard, "we're not going to trade you?" line or "we'll do the best we can to keep you". Then all of a sudden, the player gets traded. GM's are here to make decisions on what's best for the team, and if Mirotic signs that contract, honestly his fate is on the hands of GarPax, whether they want to trade him or not. If the deal is for Love, and Wolves want Mirotic, the Bulls will not be hesitant to trade away Mirotic for Love, that I can assure you.
    I'm not 100% sure but Gar/Pax are one of the least likely GM's to do this type of thing you are proposing. Bulls aren't good at making blockbuster deals/understanding already established talent. Bulls focus should be the draft, making "small" steal trades, and signing players to "cheap" deals. While I wish they could make a blockbuster trade like you have suggested, the Bulls should maximize what they are good at.

The reality is most of us already see the direction the Bulls are going. A team that will play out this season, make some adjustments in the offseason (nothing major), and make one more push with this core group. I know it's hard for many to digest but you'll see things more clearly in the future.

Chicago Bulls Breaking News and Rumors
    View On Twitter
    View On Facebook
    Last edited by boogydown; 12-09-2012 at 07:06 PM.

vCash
    Have some news for everyone. Bulls are scouting D League Players right now. Gar/Pax were attending the Sioux Falls Skyforce game last night.

View On Twitter
    View On Facebook

vCash
    [QUOTE=boogydown;24636955]Have some news for everyone. Bulls are scouting D League Players right now. Gar/Pax were attending the Sioux Falls Skyforce game last night.

Aren't the Bulls FO ppl always constantly scouting out players from various sources anyway?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ChiBulls4Life View Post
    Aren't the Bulls FO ppl always constantly scouting out players from various sources anyway?
    You're correct. They scout a lot of people. However, prior to this they were only scouting NCAA Players. This is the first time I heard them scouting D League players this season.

Guys they would most likely be looking at would have been:
    Jarvis Varnado (PF), Henry Sims (C), Andrew Goudelock (G), Keith Benson (C), D.J. Kennedy (G/F)

Doesn't mean they'll sign any of these guys.

View On Twitter
    View On Facebook

vCash
    PJIII and Lamb are in the DLeague

vCash
    Why not CHris Douglas Roberts?

vCash
    He wasn't getting consistent minutes when Love was out.

21, 25, 18, 30, 26, 21, 12, 23, 37 is not good enough considering Love wasn't even there for minutes. He really should have been in there for 25+ mpg at least yet 5/9 games he didn't get those minutes. When he did get the minutes (25+) he was averaging about 15/6 per game. The potential is there, people are giving up on this kid when he's only in his 2nd year now after a lockout season? Doesn't make any sense.
    You do realize in that 9 game sample you gave us he averaged 23.7mpg right? And there's a reason why he gets sporadic minutes --- he's awful. First there was Tyrus Thomas, then Michael Beasley, and now we have Derrick Williams.

You should hear how T'Wolve's fans complain about him.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Shammyguy3 View Post
    You do realize in that 9 game sample you gave us he averaged 23.7mpg right? And there's a reason why he gets sporadic minutes --- he's awful. First there was Tyrus Thomas, then Michael Beasley, and now we have Derrick Williams.

You should hear how T'Wolve's fans complain about him.
    Yes i do, i can do math. Read what i mentioned along with that, he needs to get at least 25mpg, not sporadic numbers that may average to close to 25mpg with Love out. No reason to keep him on the bench as much as they did imo. He's got a ton of upside and only in his 2nd year after a lockout shortened year. The point being is that without consistent minutes he isn't going to be able to get into rhythm esp. considering, again he's only a 2nd year player and is only 21 years old so techinically he should still be playing college ball. He needs a trade out of Minnesota to tap into his potential. TT/Beasley have been the league for a number of years now (7th/5th respectively) and haven't produced, Williams has only been in the league for 1 lockout shortedned year thus an unfair comparison imo. Also Beasley did do well in his 3rd season when given consistent minutes looking at his stats but that's a different topic of conversation.

Also you can think he's awful and whatnot. I really don't care what your view on him is. Remember you are posting about giving 'time' to teams to either fall out of playoffs or work out chemistry and rise up standings with it being less than 20 games into the season, so why treat a player like him differently? I'm saying it from my opinion (I'm allowed to have one) just like you are saying it from yours, so stating he's 'awful' like it's a fact doesn't fit that, it's your opinion and thus say 'in my opinion he's awful'. I think he has a ton of potential to do really well in the NBA, you don't have to agree with it but personally I would look into trading for the guy if the opportunity presents itself. Again I'm not saying trade someone like Deng/Noah or anything but someone like Gibson I would part with even to get him if it would work (obv. number one choice is Boozer and again i'll state i'm a supporter of boozer). I understand giving up Gibson will hurt the depth to give Noah a breather so maybe the Bulls can either sign a big (which they should do anyway) or take back a big that Minnesota has.
    Last edited by ChiBulls4Life; 12-08-2012 at 06:55 PM.

vCash
    You really are getting ahead of yourself with the Love thing and are really really really assuming a lot claiming that Love will want to get traded here without even considering the other side other side of the coin dude. Seems like all of your posts are about Love to Chicago for whatever reason. Mirotic is most likely the Bulls future PF for years to come, imo much better chance of that than Love coming here. The Bulls are investing quite a bit in getting Mirotic to come over (have to pay off his contract as well as other expenses as well as having to wait on him all this time with trading to get him).
    I understand the circumstances. I know it's against all odds for Love to come to Chicago, but I'd like to have that hope. You never say never in sports.

vCash
    Bulls Get: Gasol, Magic TPE, & Ayon
    Lakers Get: Millsap & Hamilton
    Magic Gets: Boozer
    Jazz Gets: Bulls & Magic Protected Future First Round Picks

vCash
    I understand the circumstances. I know it's against all odds for Love to come to Chicago, but I'd like to have that hope. You never say never in sports.
    Why stop at Kevin Love then? Realistically, we have a greater chance of landing Dwight Howard than Kevin Love if Howard was to change his mind, demand a trade to Chicago. Bulls then liquidate everything except Rookies/Noah/Rose for Picks and sign him outright this summer. That's short term and it won't require giving up all our future assets. All it takes is Dwight changing his mind.

Problem with Kevin Love is even if it was possible, it's still 2+ years down the road. Minnesota in the meantime has Rubio, they are winning, and can make another move or two to convince Love even more to remain on this team. The odds of getting Love are so slim right now it's not even worth talking about.

View On Twitter
    View On Facebook
    Last edited by boogydown; 12-09-2012 at 07:05 PM.

vCash
    The only 2 guys I want to trade for right now are

1). Tyreke Evans
    2). MarShon Brooks

Evans is available and becomes next to impossible to get this summer unless the Kings pull his offer (which I'm hearing is unlikely) making him an unrestrcted free agent. Brooks if available for cheap I wouldn't be so against. I know the Brooklyn Nets have expressed interest in Marco Belnelli so a transaction could be done there. However, if Belinelli continues playing this good, then there won't be any need for Brooks.

We keep looking at pre existing All Stars but what we need is to get lucky, get a guy who has potential to become an All Star for minimal assets.

Sacramento Kings Tyreke Evans Past 6 Games: 21.3 PPG, 4.3 APG, 4.0 RPG, 52.8% FG, 50.0% 3PT FG and the Kings won 3 out of 6 games. Short term success, maybe, but nobody can deny he has potential and there is a chance with the right coach and system he could blossom much like O.J. Mayo has done. I think we're set long term if we made this move.

View On Twitter
    View On Facebook
    Last edited by boogydown; 12-09-2012 at 07:05 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by boogydown View Post
    Why stop at Kevin Love then? Realistically, we have a greater chance of landing Dwight Howard than Kevin Love if Howard was to change his mind, demand a trade to Chicago. Bulls then liquidate everything except Rookies/Noah/Rose for Picks and sign him outright this summer. That's short term and it won't require giving up all our future assets. All it takes is Dwight changing his mind.

Problem with Kevin Love is even if it was possible, it's still 2+ years down the road. Minnesota in the meantime has Rubio, they are winning, and can make another move or two to convince Love even more to remain on this team. The odds of getting Love are so slim right now it's not even worth talking about.

View Chicago Bulls Inside Information and Rumors
    On Twitter
    On Facebook

Dwight does not have a better chance of coming to Chicago than Love.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by boogydown View Post
    The only 2 guys I want to trade for right now are

1). Tyreke Evans
    2). MarShon Brooks

Evans is available and becomes next to impossible to get this summer unless the Kings pull his offer (which I'm hearing is unlikely) making him an unrestrcted free agent. Brooks if available for cheap I wouldn't be so against. I know the Brooklyn Nets have expressed interest in Marco Belnelli so a transaction could be done there. However, if Belinelli continues playing this good, then there won't be any need for Brooks.

We keep looking at pre existing All Stars but what we need is to get lucky, get a guy who has potential to become an All Star for minimal assets.

Sacramento Kings Tyreke Evans Past 6 Games: 21.3 PPG, 4.3 APG, 4.0 RPG, 52.8% FG, 50.0% 3PT FG and the Kings won 3 out of 6 games. Short term success, maybe, but nobody can deny he has potential and there is a chance with the right coach and system he could blossom much like O.J. Mayo has done. I think we're set long term if we made this move.

View Chicago Bulls Inside Information and Rumors
    On Twitter
    On Facebook
    Would love to have Evans or Thornton for that matter.

Rip + Bobcats Pick for Evans or Thornton

Page 30 of 67 FirstFirst ... 20282930313240 ... LastLast