Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 5 of 67 FirstFirst ... 345671555 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Rudy Gay offers shot blocking? So what. His defense is actually awful, and nowhere near as good as Deng's. Sure he's more athletic, but what does he provide that Deng doesn't? Nothing.

This season, Deng is averaging 19/7/3 on a 56.7ts% and 52.5efg% (while being only 9/27 from three - very impressive).

Deng is scoring 19.1ppg on only 14.9fga
    Gay is scoring 20.3ppg on 18.6fga

Meaning, Gay has to take an additional 3.7fga to score only 1.2 more points. that makes me laugh that anyone thinks he's better than Deng.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Shammyguy3 View Post
    Rudy Gay offers shot blocking? So what. His defense is actually awful, and nowhere near as good as Deng's. Sure he's more athletic, but what does he provide that Deng doesn't? Nothing.

This season, Deng is averaging 19/7/3 on a 56.7ts% and 52.5efg% (while being only 9/27 from three - very impressive).

Deng is scoring 19.1ppg on only 14.9fga
    Gay is scoring 20.3ppg on 18.6fga

Meaning, Gay has to take an additional 3.7fga to score only 1.2 more points. that makes me laugh that anyone thinks he's better than Deng.
    Bottom line - does Gay put us over the edge (or even near it)?

Hell no. In the best, best case scenario, he is a slight upgrade over Deng.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mike4sure View Post
    he adds shot blocking ,defense,and more atheletic ability..he does everything deng does plus....
    he help level the playing field....

vCash
    Rudy Gay AND Monta Ellis? Anybody got a rope?

vCash
    last i checked miami heat won the nba championship ,because of matchups...you have to get players to match up against miami...only a hand full of guys has the size and athletic ability to guard lebron james...hes more than an allstar player a super star with a great supporting cast...rudy gay is that guy ...now we have to get a tough shooting guard,who can get his on shot ,and defend wade ...

vCash
    rudy gay to chicago would be great,help level the playing field ....creat matchup problems...bring more athlethic ability we been lacking...dont hate the thruth,hate the game .....miami change the game when three allstars signed with one team ...you see the results..

vCash
    Yeah, and of those handful of guys Deng happens to be at the top of the list.

Rudy Gay playing defense against Lebron? I'd rather have Melo guarding Lebron that series.

vCash
    Rudy Gay playing defense against Lebron? I'd rather have Melo guarding Lebron that series.
    To be fair, no one can guard Lebron.

vCash
    Half right. People can guard Lebron, absolutely. They can't shut him down though, but make him work and force shots that they normally wouldn't have to. Rudy Gay can't guard Lebron, because he simply is awful at defense. Luol Deng can guard Lebron, because he's awesome at defense. Can Deng stop him from scoring 30? No, but he can stop him from scoring 30 A LOT easier and more successful than Rudy Gay can.

vCash
    Half right.
    I know what you are getting at and agree that Gay is a weaker defender, but I disagree with the rest. Lebron isn't the player you want to hold up as an example when comparing defensive ability - it takes a team with a scheme to defend Lebron or, more simply, ignore Lebron and defend the rest of the team.

If Lu (or anyone) could "shut Lebron down," I would agree with you.
    Last edited by TopsyTurvy; 11-17-2012 at 05:25 PM.

vCash
    Deng is the most important defender on the Bulls... he's the anchor. We saw how awful the Bulls' defense was last year (with Noah/Gibson/Asik) when he went down for 9 games or whatever it was.

Rudy Gay is awful at defense. Deng is fantastic at defense. Saying if you swap Deng for Gay that our defense wouldn't take a major major major hit is naive.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TopsyTurvy View Post
    I know what you are getting at and agree that Gay is a weaker defender, but I disagree with the rest. Lebron isn't the player you want to hold up as an example when comparing defensive ability - it takes a team with a scheme to defend Lebron or, more simply, ignore Lebron and defend the rest of the team.

If Lu (or anyone) could "shut Lebron down," I would agree with you.
    Exactly this

vCash
    Yet how is Rudy Gay going to improve this team? He's the 3rd best player on the Grizzlies, and probably the 4th most important player after Randolph, Gasol, and Conley.

I think the Grizzlies would trade gay for deng straight up if it was possible financially, for the sole reason that Deng is on a much better contract and Gay is one of the reasons why OJ Mayo didn't flourish like he has this year. Oops.

vCash
    Sam Amico ‏@SamAmicoFSO

Word around NBA is Jazz G Alec Burks is available. Burks, the 12th overall draft pick in 2011, has played in just 5 of Jazz's 10 games.
    Bulls 2013 1st + Belinelli for Burks

2013-2014 Bulls
    Deng/Butler
    Mirotic/Gibson
    Noah/FA
    Burks/Hinrich
    Rose/Teague

vCash
    dwight howard was a nice idea,so was lebron james ...he has a championship ring...that would have been like having jordan and pippen...we ,our players didnt recruit him hard enough...life is too short to be stuck on stupid...

Page 5 of 67 FirstFirst ... 345671555 ... LastLast