Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by VillaMaravilla View Post
    Magoo im not a Tebow fan at all but I do see a serious problem with jet players throwing teamates under the bus and to top it off not owning your comments
    I will agree that if you're going to shoot off your mouth, you should own your comments. At the end of last year, Sanchez actually said that if the anonymous teammates want to throw him under the bus, they should at least be a man about it.

Same thing applies here.

Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.
    -Sun Tzu

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Magoo View Post
    Totally different situation. Last year the team was fractured and fighting amongst themselves.

This year, there it's 52 vs. 1. Woody did this, and something has got to give.
    52 vs 1? yeah right.. Did you miss-remember the "jets official" calling the wr's garbage?

Think Kerley and Keller agree with that assessment?

I think you are getting confused with the point the Jets were trying to keep everything in house and show the world they are together.

Its smoke and mirrors my friend .....nothing but smoke and mirrors.

Woody also has the back page...Woody Tanny and Rex are prob doing the river dance celebrating another newspaper victory.
    Last edited by GreenLantern; 11-14-2012 at 12:31 PM.

"The Butt of all jokes"

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenLantern View Post
    52 vs 1? yeah right.. Did you miss-remember the "jets official" calling the wr's garbage?

Think Kerley and Keller agree with that assessment?

I think you are getting confused with the point the Jets were trying to keep everything in house and show the world they are together.

Its smoke and mirrors my friend .....nothing but smoke and mirrors.

Woody also has the back page...Woody Tanny and Rex are prob doing the river dance celebrating another newspaper victory.
    The person didn't call individual WR's garbage. The WR corp as a whole is garbage. Kerley and Keller don't change that fact. You can't throw to just one WR and one TE, and think you can succeed.

I do think Kerley and Keller might agree with the assessment. I doubt Shillens, Hill, Gates, and the other no-names would agree, but then again stats don't lie.

Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.
    -Sun Tzu

vCash
    Players speaking out again may be the impending demise of Mike T and/or Rex.

vCash
    They are now reaping what they sowed, every person on here with adequate football knowledge knew the tebow move was a disaster, knew sparano is a mindless conservative playcaller and that the league passed him by a decade ago-perhaps more. This is an unprecedented nightmare, i've never seen anything like it. Woody should sell this team.
    THE GOAT

Until a player reaches these PA numbers, lets not talk about how good they are.

The Following PA's are when sample size stabilizes

50 PA: Swing %
    100 PA: Contact Rate
    150 PA: Strikeout Rate, Line Drive Rate, Pitches/PA
    200 PA: Walk Rate, Groundball Rate, GB/FB
    250 PA: Flyball Rate
    300 PA: Home Run Rate, HR/FB
    500 PA: OBP, SLG, OPS, 1B Rate, Popup Rate
    550 PA: ISO

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MrX27 View Post
    Players speaking out again may be the impending demise of Mike T and/or Rex.
    I wish they would get demoted to cap guru and DC but thats just not realistic, I'm beginning to think for the first time that a new staff needs to come in. The problem is I genuinely don't think our owner is committed to winning. In some ways he is worse than dolan, bc even though dolan is an unquestioned egomaniac, no one ever would accuse him of not caring about his product. I think Woody is a spoiled distant owner who doesn;t know much about the sport who just wants to sell jerseys and PSLs, guys who get into this business to make money never work out, this is a business of passion-not profit.
    THE GOAT

Until a player reaches these PA numbers, lets not talk about how good they are.

The Following PA's are when sample size stabilizes

50 PA: Swing %
    100 PA: Contact Rate
    150 PA: Strikeout Rate, Line Drive Rate, Pitches/PA
    200 PA: Walk Rate, Groundball Rate, GB/FB
    250 PA: Flyball Rate
    300 PA: Home Run Rate, HR/FB
    500 PA: OBP, SLG, OPS, 1B Rate, Popup Rate
    550 PA: ISO

vCash
    how many chances this owner going to give the gm and Rex. obviously, Woody just does not care. Hey at least the media is talking about your Jets, right !! Rex has got to go. he lost the respect of his players. I mean, do you see any of Belicheck"s orTomlin's, to name a few, players ranting like this. hell no. it's respect and Rex ain't got it.

vCash
    So I'm confused about one thing. Let's say I'm a player who is upset by Tebow being on the team, and I think he is a bad QB. If a reporter asks me for an anonymous comment about Tebow, the smart thing to say would be either "I don't have a comment", or "I agree with Rex and feel that Mark gives us the best chance to win."

If I respond with a negative comment about Tebow though, wouldn't there have to be an agenda attached to that? If I think it through, I would know that the comments will get published, and should realize that there will be negative fallout? How often does one teammate publicly call another "terrible?"

Some might think that I want the comment out there because it would lead to some kind of result that I desire. If so, what is that result? Why would so many individuals open up about this? What are they trying to accomplish? Or am I giving them too much credit? Is it a conspiracy? If yes, then why? To get Rex fired?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NoSleepTill View Post
    how many chances this owner going to give the gm and Rex. obviously, Woody just does not care. Hey at least the media is talking about your Jets, right !! Rex has got to go. he lost the respect of his players. I mean, do you see any of Belicheck"s orTomlin's, to name a few, players ranting like this. hell no. it's respect and Rex ain't got it.
    This won't be answered until after the season is over.

-Sun Tzu

vCash
    you win and lose as a team. People who dont get that dont belong on the roster.

vCash
    I actually don't see what the big deal is. I don't think this is bad for the lockerroom. This actually seems like they are you united in their assessment of Tebow. And as for the "Jets source" calling our WR corp "garbage", is that really that bad? I mean look at the results. I'm sure those guys know they're not getting the job done. And that "source" could be anybody. It could be the ****ing janitor at Florham Park.

I think you guys are overreacting a bit. The team is in a funk so it seems to be snowballing kind of. But I don't think that's the case. Sucks to be Tebow though.

Follow me on Twitter @TheGaudAlmighty

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by nyjflightboy#10 View Post
    I actually don't see what the big deal is. I don't think this is bad for the lockerroom. This actually seems like they are you united in their assessment of Tebow. And as for the "Jets source" calling our WR corp "garbage", is that really that bad? I mean look at the results. I'm sure those guys know they're not getting the job done. And that "source" could be anybody. It could be the ****ing janitor at Florham Park.

I think you guys are overreacting a bit. The team is in a funk so it seems to be snowballing kind of. But I don't think that's the case. Sucks to be Tebow though.
    Excuse me, but I am the ****ing janitor at Floram Park. You got something you wanna axe me?

-Sun Tzu

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by VillaMaravilla View Post
    Magoo I dont think its 52 vs 1, im sure their a lot of Jets that want Tebow in I doubt Its the entire team against Tim
    I doubt this very much. There is nothing to support this. I think Mehta's a weasel to create stories without names - he didn't say the usual disclaimer that the person making the comment asked to be anonymous. That is standard journalism practice. I have to question the entire circumstances of how this article was generated.

I have little doubt that Woody (Wood-dick) is the main culprit for, not only the "Tebow Affair," but for the entire culture of the organization. Headlines and Attention.

Let's not forget the truth - that Tim Tebow - as a NFL QB - is a JOKE!

It's too bad several players, and "jets organization people" were stupid enough to throw this out there, but - it's not like it's some big secret. The fact that @ 3-6, and sinking fast, REX doesn't even consider Tebow as a possibility to start @ QB. The players aren't idiots - they see this as well.

Sure - Tim Tebow is a good young man - AND WOODY achieved his purpose - the SB Champion Giants were not getting "the back page" this summer - his Jets were. I think he is the worst owner in the league, and has no idea how to run a successful NFL Franchise. This is more worrisome to me than all our Jets weaknesses on the field because when it's all said and done - it is the organization's philosophy that determines long term success, and long-term failure.

CRAP - after Steven A. Smith rips the players, coaches, everybody, but after hearing Larry Hardesy, Colin Cowherd - he saying - we can't blame the players, and then he says, but their still scumbags, but it's religious zealots in the fan base that are to blame for Tebow's popularity, and him being here - what a loser!

GO JETS!!!

vCash
    @KMart_LI
    Rex: "If ur going to make a negative comment, that's fine...but put ur name to it. Ppl would respect you more." #nyj
    @nydailynews
    Ryan on Jets saying Tim Tebow is ‘terrible’: If you don’t put your name to it, that’s cowardly http://nydn.us/SpbBCi
    Rex has no control over this team.
    Yankees - Jets - Rockets

vCash
    **** this. Call Oregon. Get Chip Kelly to be the next coach. He will know what to do with this offense.
    Yankees - Jets - Rockets

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast