Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Thread: Iphone question

vCash

Iphone question

I have a question. Ive googled it and cant find a straight forward answer.

I am with T Mobile, and I was wondering if i got an AT&T Iphone, could i jailbreak it, put my t mobile sim card in it, and have it work on my network?

Any info would be greatly appreciated.

vCash
    I don't know the answer, but I'm pretty sure you mean unlock it, not jailbreak it. Try searching that instead would be my advice.

I'm not phone-savvy though, I'm just looking forward to a jailbreak coming out for 6.0. Jailbreaking, as far as I understand, just allows for more freedom within the operating system (or outside the OS). Honestly I just want to get Pokemon on my phone.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PleaseBeNice View Post
    I have a question. Ive googled it and cant find a straight forward answer.

I am with T Mobile, and I was wondering if i got an AT&T Iphone, could i jailbreak it, put my t mobile sim card in it, and have it work on my network?

Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Hm why would you buy an AT&T iPhone and not an unlocked one? Or do you get a discount through AT&T ?
    Else it would need to be unlocked by AT&T, but a normal unlocked one should be able to run on T-Mobile.

vCash
    doubtful

Quote Originally Posted by CousinsEvansDUO View Post
    Not going to read your posts or respond to them because judging by your sig you are a clueless nutjob. That girl is a 7/10 and you probably think shes a 10. Which means IRL you must be a 5/10 and sorry no offense bro but I don't talk to 5/10s or below, and by bro I mean never my bro.
    CousinsEvansDUO doesn't think i'm hot..

vCash
    You need to check what frequency band T-Mobile uses and if it would be supported by an AT&T phone. My guess is it won't be, but google it to be sure.

vCash
    Pretty sure you can.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Pittz View Post
    I don't know the answer, but I'm pretty sure you mean unlock it, not jailbreak it. Try searching that instead would be my advice.

I'm not phone-savvy though, I'm just looking forward to a jailbreak coming out for 6.0. Jailbreaking, as far as I understand, just allows for more freedom within the operating system (or outside the OS). Honestly I just want to get Pokemon on my phone.
    I've beaten all of the GBA and GBC pokemon games on my android phone, as well as pokemon stadium 1 and 2.

:trollface:

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Patman View Post
    Hm why would you buy an AT&T iPhone and not an unlocked one? Or do you get a discount through AT&T ?
    Else it would need to be unlocked by AT&T, but a normal unlocked one should be able to run on T-Mobile.
    Because it a lot more expensive for an unlock one rather than an a carrier. An unlock mean can pick any carrier for the phone but if you buy an at&t phone I dont know if you put in a tmobile sim card. My guess is no it not like you can pop open the back like android phones.

Introducing the Eagles O-Line

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymfan87 View Post
    I've beaten all of the GBA and GBC pokemon games on my android phone, as well as pokemon stadium 1 and 2.

:trollface:

I need this jailbreak.

vCash
    You need to check what frequency band T-Mobile uses and if it would be supported by an AT&T phone. My guess is it won't be, but google it to be sure.http://amzn.to/PlGMSk
    http://x.co/webhostnew

vCash
    You have to make sure that the AT&T Iphone is unlocked. How to unlock? It has to be out of contract or purchased flat out from Apple. If you're buying it off of someone who bought it through AT&T but it's out of contract, have them call AT&T and they'll unlock it for them. After it's unlocked, pop in your T-Mobile sim card. The only downfall is that you won't have 3g or 4g internet, you'll be stuck with EDGE. Hope that helped!

PS - You'll have to get a mini sim card from T-Mobile to fit into the Iphone. They gave me mine at no charge.
    Last edited by 25YrsNcounting; 11-26-2012 at 07:31 PM.

vCash
    I have the following problem since the last iOS Update. I have an iPhone 4.

Every time I watch a video stream (NFL Game Pass, Youtube etc.), the phone ditches the WiFi Network and switches to the cellular one. So every time I come home, I have to turn off the cellular network manually and then again put it on when I leave the house.

It's really annoying.