Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by themadstork View Post
    If we're 3-10 and Pryor gets no playing time at all...it'll just go to show you he hasn't earned it.

If he's put in the time and he's ready to contribute and our season is long gone...I'm sure he'll see some snaps, although I'd doubt seriously that he'd get a start.

The onus is on him to be ready for his opportinity.

That said, he'll be a receiver next year or off the roster.

-Stork
    lol,,,,, put him at TE already!!!! Save us all the aggravation.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RAIDERLIFE View Post
    If Palmer has been playing like crap Id agree. BUt really bro?? I like to think we still have a very outside shot at a wild card. Once that is actully been ruled out, maybe..

Yall let me slip?!?!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Snake Plissken View Post
    Pocket mobility has not been an issue for Carson this season. He has been surprisingly nimble for a pure pocket passer, though no one will confuse him with RGIII, he has extended plays this season with his feet.
    Again I agree 100% with ya, Snake. He has extended many plays for us this year, game in, game out. This whole thing about his being a liability is so knee jerk and insane that I find it ridiculous and unfortunately indicative of the "Jersey Shore" mentality of society. Hopefully this moribund thread will fade away.

vCash
    If we're 3-10 and Pryor gets no playing time at all...it'll just go to show you he hasn't earned it.

If he's put in the time and he's ready to contribute and our season is long gone...I'm sure he'll see some snaps, although I'd doubt seriously that he'd get a start.

-Stork
    You really believe that with everything that comes out of Palmers mouth about his work ethic and the strides he is making at practice?

I mean you could be right but it sounds like people have been impressed with what he is doing on the practice field.
    Behind the ostensible government sits enthroned an invisible government, owing no allegiance and acknowledging no responsibility to the people. To destroy this invisible government, to dissolve the unholy alliance between corrupt business and corrupt politics is the first task of the statesmanship of the day.-Theodore Roosevelt

There's no country on Earth that would tolerate missiles raining down on its citizens from outside its borders.
    -Barack "drone" Obama, 11/18/2012

vCash
    For the most part, I never believe what one employee says about another employee to the media.

Its quite often nothing more than lockerroom PR.

The proof will be in the pudding...and we'll all get a taste before the year is out. I have no faith though...there is no fixing dumb or inaccuracy.

-Stork

vCash
    CP3 is not Carson Palmer. Matt Leinhart is the back up qb not Pryor. And DA didnt bring in Palmer. He was in broncos gear at the time we got Palmer last year. So please stop saying this. And can people stop praying losses. Root for your damn tea
    To be competive and win games. Even if they are 7-9 with a mid pick

vCash
    Palmer is 3rd in the NFL in passing yards and we want to compare a kid whose only snap in the league was a penalty for a false start on him! We have to somehow establish the run instead of being pass happy. That's Knapps fault IMO!!

vCash
    I wouldn't mind Pryor being thrown in with some kind of wildcat package. But the idea that he should start over Palmer is funny to me. What has Pryor ever done to merit starting consideration - Run fast?
    Pryor was a disappointment at Ohio State. He never developed as a passer. Got suspended, and was responsible for a great, beloved coach's firing. I'm sure he's matured and will continue to mature, but he admitted to considering retirement last year during his suspension. Are you kidding me?! He has an obligation in writing. Al Davis, one of football's biggest figures took a chance on him with a third round pick. All he's doing is serving a suspension he deserved 100%, and he thought about quitting? Grow up, man.
    To me, forget the fact that he's totally unproven and hasn't shown anything as a passer besides some preseason success (against 3rd stringers), and Palmer's playing very good football for an atrocious squad. Pryor can't start because of his immaturity. We're all seeing Cam Newton struggle when dealing with adversity and he's better than Pryor by a wide margin.

vCash
    We need a quarterback and about 35 other position players, were not gonna climb any mountains with this current roster.

Palmer is what his record says he is ( good but nothing special ), the rest can be flushed at any moment.
    Last edited by the_firm_09; 11-14-2012 at 10:39 PM.

vCash
    A final record of 8 - 8 or worse is imminent with this squad. Once the losing record is solidified, I hope that Pryor does get some snaps and plays halfway decent; if for no other reason than to boost his value as trade fodder. He is a project that is several seasons away from being anywhere close to seeing even back-up duty. For us, he's a waste of roster space, imo.
    "There is no greater fan of fly fishing than the worm." ~Patrick F. McManus

vCash
    Carson is a good QB. Those of you screaming for his head would have nixed Plunkett and Gannon before they became Raiders. Not everything in this world is solved by the time the commercials start. Rome was not built in a day.

vCash

-Stork
    Don't use words like "onus". It confuses firm.

vCash

-Stork
    There's no reason to keep Leinert as the #2 QB, however.

I would have preferred to see Pryor on the field in the late stages of the game last week.

Earned playing time or not, there's no gain in seeing Leinert on the field in that situation. I'm sure the Raiders could afford to drop someone to allow Pryor an active roster spot...

But who knows, really?

vCash
    I would love to see Pryor on the field, the kid has great athletic ability. However Not as our starter. Use him in a package of plays, like the niners use Kaepernick.
    and as Carsons back up just to see what he could do. We know what we got in lienart already.
    And if Pryor sucks. Then next season make him a TE or WR.

vCash
    Screw both of them.

I want Josh McCown.

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast