Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast
    vCash
    Find out what you got so you can adjust and move on. If he can play great, If he can't or needs more work then you can find out what you need to do with him in the off-season. Then you can trade, cut or continue with him as the 3rd string qb.

vCash
    Palmer fan or not we will see pryor this year. In the latest press confrence wednesday after practice allen preety much said we will see pryor this year.

Dennis Allen:

On Terrelle Pryor: “Hey listen, Terrelle is growing. He’s growing. There’s a potential that he might be up in the game as the third quarterback. We’ll just leave it at that. We’ll see what goes from there.”

On if he’s avoided using Pryor in situations to avoid slowing his QB development: “No, I think our focus has been on him developing as a quarterback, but I think somewhere down the line, we need to see what he can do. Now when that time is, I don’t know the exact answer to that yet, but they’ll be a time where we need to look at him and see what he can do.”
    Link:
    http://www.raiders.com/news/article-...a-c141ea05c275

Heres a link to antoher interview on monday where he also talked about pryor making it seem like raiders will eventually let pryor play.
    link;
    http://www.raiders.com/media-vault/a...e-ae4261543f12
    Last edited by RaiderFanBL9; 11-29-2012 at 03:33 AM.

RAIDER NATION

vCash
    Pryor is an idiot, he'll never grow smart, never become accurate and he'll never be able to lead grown men.

However, he's very dangerous with the ball in his hands. He should have been running routes for a year and a half now....especially in and around the red zone.

-Stork

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by themadstork View Post
    Pryor is an idiot, he'll never grow smart, never become accurate and he'll never be able to lead grown men.
    I disagree on all points.

First - I don't think he's an idiot. Smart people can make dumb mistakes. Selling memorabilia for tattoo's... yeah, that's "I invested in Enron!" kind of stupid.

But, considering how many really educated people invested in Enron, and believed Bernie Madoff was a virtuoso financier... well, you get the idea, right?

In regards to accuracy and football IQ - Mark Sanchez, Jimmy Clausen and Blaine Gabbert were supposed to be "NFL Ready" -- while Cam Newton, RGIII and Colin Kaepernick were niche players from "College Option" systems.

Players learn, develop their skills and improve over time. Tom Brady was a 'system' QB for his first 3-4 years as a starter in the NFL; it took him a while to become a true play-maker.

Leadership...? There, I have no idea. But, to be fair, neither do you.

If people knew Rich Gannon could be an MVP, he wouldn't be a 3rd rounder. If people knew Kurt Warner could be an MVP / potential HOF'er, he wouldn't have gone undrafted.

Will Pryor be the franchise QB the team so desperately needs? Doubtful.

You could say the same for Sam Bradford, Brock Osweiler, Nick Foles and a bevy of other QB's drafted in the past two years, as well.

Quote Originally Posted by themadstork View Post
    However, he's very dangerous with the ball in his hands. He should have been running routes for a year and a half now....especially in and around the red zone.

-Stork
    Running routes? Sure.

Why not mould him after Brad Smith, though? Play some wild-cat, return kicks, run some routes, throw some passes...

Let him really cultivate his athletic talents into a multi-faceted weapon, IMO.

Unless he can play 'for real' QB in the NFL -- if he can do that, hypothetically for the sake of this argument, then he needs to be left alone to develop.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Shred003 View Post
    I disagree on all points.

First - I don't think he's an idiot. Smart people can make dumb mistakes. Selling memorabilia for tattoo's... yeah, that's "I invested in Enron!" kind of stupid.
    Sounds like you're supporting my view.

But, considering how many really educated people invested in Enron, and believed Bernie Madoff was a virtuoso financier... well, you get the idea, right?
    You're confusing intelligence with greed.

In regards to accuracy and football IQ - Mark Sanchez, Jimmy Clausen and Blaine Gabbert were supposed to be "NFL Ready" -- while Cam Newton, RGIII and Colin Kaepernick were niche players from "College Option" systems.
    I'm not much into comparisons as a means of advocacy. All I know is Pryor is inaccurate and I've never seen anyone improve that for any length of time. Yeah, yeah, I'm sure someone wants to bring up Plunkett in 1983....but career years like that are rather scarce.

Players learn, develop their skills and improve over time. Tom Brady was a 'system' QB for his first 3-4 years as a starter in the NFL; it took him a while to become a true play-maker.
    You're really going to compare him to Brady? Dude won 11 games his second year in the league and is pretty much an all-timer.

Leadership...? There, I have no idea. But, to be fair, neither do you.

If people knew Rich Gannon could be an MVP, he wouldn't be a 3rd rounder. If people knew Kurt Warner could be an MVP / potential HOF'er, he wouldn't have gone undrafted.
    Maybe you're right...but in my experience, snots with entitlement issues who crave the spotlight do not make leaders. Neither Gannon, nor Warner fit that bill. Pryor does to a T.

I've been wrong before. But I'd still have him running patterns.

-Stork
    Last edited by themadstork; 11-29-2012 at 09:44 PM.

vCash
    John Elway was once considered a snot with entitlement issues. Perception isn't always reality, we all made mistakes at 21.

We really don't know enough about this kid, he may be as you described he or he may not, but his potential warrant's a better look before judgement is passed.

vCash
    http://www.mercurynews.com/raiders/c...get-his-chance

"It's amazing, the accuracy I have now," he said. "I'm able to step into my throws and throw it exactly where I want, and I've got to keep getting better at that."

No cliche's for this ego-maniac....no, "I'm just working hard" puff quotes. Lol...this kid needs to get duct taped to the goal posts pronto. I can only imagine what the vets around the league think when they read this nonsense.

-Stork

vCash
    i actually thought he seemed pretty level headed in that interview in its entirety. That is what surprised me about it, let me link you a video of it Stork. That article you read is a little out of context, he was actually pretty humble in the video

vCash
    Come on Stork. There are QB's all through the NFL that nobody thought they would be legit. This kid has only played a couple of preseason games and did well. The talent is definately there. Heck, Allen has shown no signs of leading this team anywhere and you think he needs to be given a shot to coach after this year.
    Last edited by dogdaddy; 12-01-2012 at 02:26 PM.

vCash
    We know TP can run with rock. We got to find out if this kid can make good decisions in the pocket and keep it on target. I'm looking forward to seeing TP get some snaps and crushing it. Hopefully, at the very least, his performance down the stretch will boost his trade value.
    "There is no greater fan of fly fishing than the worm." ~Patrick F. McManus

vCash
    I haven't seen a Terrell Pryor video where I thought - "This guy seems like an arrogant *******."

They took the video of him touting his improvements off CSN, but as others have noted, it wasn't arrogant. He was standing there rattling off the various things he's gotten better at with coaching / fundamentals.

vCash
    Pryor is fine, the kid has been working hard and trying to put his youthful transgressions behind him, like we all have at one point. I don't know if he has the ability to play in the pro's but it seems as through Columbus hasn't followed him to Oakland. Fundamentals are huge for a kid that has been able to really on ability alone, its often the difference between succeeding and failing at the next level.

Stork if you have such an issue with America's youth, go volunteer at the YMCA, instead of hording the baseballs they accidentally hit over your fence.

You might even enjoy it...

vCash
    Youth? No problem, I love kids. Coached Babe Ruth baseball for years.

-Stork

vCash
    Reggie is right. It's the coaching staff's call but they gotta see what Pryor can do the last few games. We know he's not not gonna unseat Palmer for the 2013 season...what we don't know is if he's a guy who can possibly be thee guy in a year or two or if he's a guy we can maybe use for trade bait before drafting the QB of the future in 2014

vCash
    Pryor actually articulates himself pretty well. Might be a little exaggerated because I used to watch Jamarcus talk in his chinchilla jacket uhh... u smell me, naw mean? Nonetheless I'm lookin between the lines. Reggie signed Palmer to a extension where his 2013 salary in non guranteed, and he wants to see what Pryor has to offer. Not suggesting to cut him but I think Reggie isn't sure yet.

Yall let me slip?!?!

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast