Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RAIDERLIFE View Post
    He had a bad game, but your wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy wrong about him sucking..worse than tebow...GTF outa here...
    Tell me how Pryor doesn't stink then? Was he projected to be a top 10 pick coming out of college? He IS worse than Tebow as of right now. This isn't Ohio State football. So far our memories of Pryor is how bad he was this preseason against other teams practice squad players, and his false start when Hue put him in for a QB sneak. I love the Raiders and all, but we need to be realistic. We don't exactly have the best track record of grooming QB's out of the draft.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RaidersKing44 View Post
    Another thing about Pryor the defenses would have to account for. Him scrambling which would open up passing lanes for our WR's. Atleast we can use him in some wildcat or something.
    Pryor's FIRST instinct is to scramble and run. He hangs on to the ball way too long. This was evident in his pre-season games. He isn't an RGIII or Vick when it comes to quickness. Opposing defenses were blitzing on him every down in and he either took a sack, ran around until he threw an incomplete pass...etc. Does the sentence below describe a QB who is going to lead this offense?

CBS said it best......"Pryor routinely put his head down with the defense bearing down on him as he took sacks when he could have thrown the ball away."

vCash
    Wow some of you are really against putting in Pryor. I am not saying I am for it, but here are some facts.

The remaining schedule:
    Bengals, Browns, Broncos, Chiefs, Panthers, Chargers.

EVEN IF we win 5/6 of those games, we are still 8-8 at best. Not a playoff record. Yes I know it happens, but if you are 8-8 or under, you really don't belong in the playoffs.

Yes Palmer is one of the league leaders in passing, but go back n check how many of his yards/TD's come when were down by 21+. These stats do not translate into wins.

I understand he is our best shot at QB right now. HOWEVER, since we are out of the playoffs (baring some miracle) NOW is the time to try out Pryor (Maybe next week) What is the worst that can happen? Lose? I'd rather lose out this season (higher draft pick than playing for a tiny shot at the playoffs) and know that Pryor either IS or IS NOT our future at QB. And to those of you who judge Pryor off of his preseason performance? Tell me did you always judge a Rookie QB's first time playing with 3rd and 4th string teams? Give the dude a shot to work with the first string offense, and the story will be different.

IF we play him and find out he is our guy, we can build around him next year.

IF we play him and find out he is just not going to move in the direction we are going, we can use our top pick to draft a true "Franchise QB" to get going in that direction. If we are 8-8 or anything close due with Palmer, (if we finish 6/10 or 7/9 we will not be in the top 10, and what would be the point of that?) you can cut out this option even if we don't see Pryor play. I'd rather know than think, "What if?"

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RaiderFa8thful View Post
    Wow some of you are really against putting in Pryor. I am not saying I am for it, but here are some facts.

The remaining schedule:
    Bengals, Browns, Broncos, Chiefs, Panthers, Chargers.

EVEN IF we win 5/6 of those games, we are still 8-8 at best. Not a playoff record. Yes I know it happens, but if you are 8-8 or under, you really don't belong in the playoffs.

Yes Palmer is one of the league leaders in passing, but go back n check how many of his yards/TD's come when were down by 21+. These stats do not translate into wins.

I understand he is our best shot at QB right now. HOWEVER, since we are out of the playoffs (baring some miracle) NOW is the time to try out Pryor (Maybe next week) What is the worst that can happen? Lose? I'd rather lose out this season (higher draft pick than playing for a tiny shot at the playoffs) and know that Pryor either IS or IS NOT our future at QB. And to those of you who judge Pryor off of his preseason performance? Tell me did you always judge a Rookie QB's first time playing with 3rd and 4th string teams? Give the dude a shot to work with the first string offense, and the story will be different.

IF we play him and find out he is our guy, we can build around him next year.

IF we play him and find out he is just not going to move in the direction we are going, we can use our top pick to draft a true "Franchise QB" to get going in that direction. If we are 8-8 or anything close due with Palmer, (if we finish 6/10 or 7/9 we will not be in the top 10, and what would be the point of that?) you can cut out this option even if we don't see Pryor play. I'd rather know than think, "What if?"
    If he can't hang against 3rd string and 4th string players, what makes you think he will against regulars? I understand you want to give him a shot, but he's just not that good, period. He is as raw as can be. Are the scouts wrong about him also?

vCash
    CP3 should remain the starter, But I would like to see Pryor in some package situations. We need to find a way to exploit his athleticism if not a QB, Maybe as a WR or hybrid RB.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by quikslvr2269 View Post
    If he can't hang against 3rd string and 4th string players, what makes you think he will against regulars? I understand you want to give him a shot, but he's just not that good, period. He is as raw as can be. Are the scouts wrong about him also?
    I don't think thats what he meant. Pryor was passing to 3rd and 4th stringers. It all changes when you are with the first team. I would be one to see what he can do. By the way, do you know how many QB's out there that wasn't suppose to be very good....

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dogdaddy View Post
    I don't think thats what he meant. Pryor was passing to 3rd and 4th stringers. It all changes when you are with the first team. I would be one to see what he can do. By the way, do you know how many QB's out there that wasn't suppose to be very good....
    Spot on my friend.

I am thinking with a much more improved unit with the first strings, Pryor will play better than he did in preseason. Am I guaranteeing Pryor comes out on fire? No, I am simply saying after watching a small dose of Pryor in the preseason I think it is obvious its too early to call the quits on his QB situation. If they had already called quits, don't you think we would see him start to work with another position? (unless RM has intentions of releasing him this offseason)

vCash
    The "there is a reason he is a back up" argument is very illogical. Nearly every player is a back up in the early stages of their. This is technically his rookie season so what more is expected of him? Some of the best players ever are back UPS before they finally get there "chance."

vCash
    give pryor some reps in live games what can it hurt. CP is trying to rush the ball now trying to act as a saviour.

vCash
    If he hasn't earned time, he should not play...regardless of the circumstances.

-Stork

vCash
    can't say I would hate seeing him play..but what would it prove? Carson is the guy for at least another year. I'd have Pryor be his backup for 2013, than if you don't like what you see draft a QB in the 2014 draft.

The 2013 draft would be a waste to draft a QB. Need waay more help in other areas.

vCash
    Pryor will not be a starter in this league. He will fall to the way side like Tebow. We need to draft a QB in this draft. Because Palmer is not the answer. As much as I love the guy and I know a lot of his interceptions and incompletions are not his fault, we need to groom a QB for the future.

vCash
    RM and DA needs to give Pryor some good snaps in garbage time to see what he's got. I don't see why we keep rolling CP out there in the 4th qt in blowouts?

And let's say if we are in the playoff hunt next year for arguments sake, and CP goes down with an injury, would everyone feel confident Pryor can step in and lead this team? That's what we need to see the remainder of the season. Right now, Pryor is a big question mark.

ahhh... the good ole days

watch 4free here http://firstrownow.eu

vCash
    throw him in gives us a better chance at losing out. and gives us a chance to see if he can ever be a qb. can't hurt. palmer isn't the future anyway. lets see if pryor has a chance to be.

Yall let me slip?!?!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by themadstork View Post
    If he hasn't earned time, he should not play...regardless of the circumstances.

-Stork
    You can go up and down the roster and argue who has "earned" time. I think it is simple, you get him in there and see what happens. If it creates a QB controversy, so be it. Not a bad thing. Competition for position is good. I like Carson but his time is limited here. He has zero mobility and don't have a good track record. He would fit great in a proven system but not in a system that is desperately looking for an identity. I think it would be interesting. Just maybe it might be part of DA's 5 year plan?????/ lol just messin

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast