Coaching-
    Frontcourt-
    Backcourt-
    Offense-
    Defense-
    Effort-
    Potential-

vCash
    Coaching- C-. I didn't like coach McHale's rotations at all. Sampson seemed a little better rotating the team, but he failed to make the right plays IMO, especially against the Heat.

Frontcourt- B+. Asik has been absolutely amazing in the paint, really showing he deserves the 8 million for his defense and rebounding. Patterson struggled with his shot at the beggining, but he has been pretty good since. He can't shoot anymore threes, but he has played pretty tough defense. Parsons has been good, he still needs to understand who he is, he isn't a 3pt shooter, although he made quite a few, he's shooting to many low-quality shots and hurting the offense. The biggest concern is help off the bench, Morris has been pretty solid, but I'd like to seem play the 3 most of the time and not the 4. In limited minutes Aldrich showed he can rebound and block shots, we should see him a little more intead of going small everytime Asik is out of the game.

Backcourt- C+. Harden started insane but it didn't take long for the defenses to figure it out the offense and stop him. Lin has been inconsistent, shooting poorly, but I'm loving his defense and he is really taking care of the ball this year. But again, no bench help. Douglas has been good on defense but absolutely horrible on offense. Delfino's been really inconsistent and Cook hasn't seen the court much.

Offense- D. Outside of Harden, there is no one really who can score with consistency on this team. And the offense has been really just pick and roll.

Defense- B+. Everyone is playing good defense, Asik, Patterson, Parsons, Lin, Morris, Douglas are playing pretty great defense. And Harden and Delfino are also helping on the defensive end.

Effort- A-. Maybe it's just me, but I'm really happy with the way this team is playing, especially on defense, I think we all are very surprised about guys like Morris and Patterson. It seems everyone is reallu committed with the team and they're trying, learining with their mistakes, they won't give up on any game.

Potential- A-. Not much to say, a team who can fight for the playoffs with no player in the starting lineup older than 26, and with Delfino being the oldest player in the roster with 30. And guys with great potential like Motiejunas, Jones, Machado and White* haven't even played yet. We all should be really happy with this young team.

*You know, IF he plays one day.
    Rockets | Texans | Astros

vCash
    I honestly don't think it's fair to give out grades right now.

Big THX to MJ's Bulls and pheagles10 on the sig help!
    Dear T-Mac,
    I miss you.
    Love,
    The Rim

vCash
    Yeah, I think this is a great idea for a thread, but seven games is far too small a sample size. Let's wait at least a quarter of the season (20-21 games) before we hand out judgment to the players and coaches.

vCash
    I am factoring in what there is to work with and potential ect. along with performance.

Coaching- C not happy with the rotation and offensive schemes.
    Frontcourt- B+ For what they have put into it compared to the back court Asik has been a godsend, Patterson is meeting my expectations of last year and some, along with Morris.
    Backcourt- B Harden ditto Asik and Lin has been solid.
    Offense- C Harden is the only consistent player but Patterson Morris and Parsons have been picking up steam. Way way way to many turnovers
    Defense- B+ if they covered perimeter shooters a little better and rebounded a little better this could be an A.
    Effort- A
    Potential- A

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sep11ie View Post
    I honestly don't think it's fair to give out grades right now.
    Quote Originally Posted by mightybosstone View Post
    Yeah, I think this is a great idea for a thread, but seven games is far too small a sample size. Let's wait at least a quarter of the season (20-21 games) before we hand out judgment to the players and coaches.
    For me, at least, these 7 games showed me pretty much what I expected with little exceptions, and I don't think it's going to change until the end of the season.

vCash
    How is that? They haven't learned each others styles yet, there is very little chemistry and a very predictable offense. Wait a few weeks, it'll get better.

Dear T-Mac,
    I miss you.
    Love,
    The Rim

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sep11ie View Post
    How is that? They haven't learned each others styles yet, there is very little chemistry and a very predictable offense. Wait a few weeks, it'll get better.
    chemistry and offense-wise I agree, but individually it's pretty much what I expected, except Lin I guess.

vCash
    Lin is playing about how I expected him to play this year.

Dear T-Mac,
    I miss you.
    Love,
    The Rim

vCash
    I think I expected worst defense and better offense out of him.

vCash
    defense hasn't been bad, offense could be better, coaching has been terrible, effort is great at times, potential is through the roof IMO

vCash
    Like I said months ago............

8th place, and irrelevant.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bootleg42 View Post

Like we said months ago.....

Unoriginal and unintelligent.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bootleg42 View Post

If we make the 8th seed this season it will be very different than our last three 9th place finishes... not because of the single change in the rankings but rather because our roster is so dramatically different. We have a centerpiece, cap space, and a whole bevy of young talented players... we are no longer a middle aged roster that has to **** or get off the pot.