8 22.86%
  • Swisher

15 42.86%
  • B.J. Upton

5 14.29%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    vCash
    Upton without question for me
    "It's already over. All hopes aside and being only realistic. The Giants won't make the post season with the Dodgers and the Rockies in the same division."
    -rarryronds (06/03/2010 - on the Giants 2010 season)

"Stephen Curry is not a point guard"
    -asandhu23 (May 5, 2011)

vCash
    Upton and it's not close.

Barry Lamar Bonds. .393/.967/1.054....on 3-0 counts.

lol, Please' top 10 p4p: Mayweather/Marquez/Pacquiao/Bradley/Cotto/Wlad/Rigondeaux/Froch/Canelo/Maidana

Boxing Fan? Come Discuss Boxing!

vCash
    If Upton could hone his potential and be consistent I think it'd be a landslide. Just unfortunately hasn't done that. I'd still be excited if we signed him though (of course depending on the contract).

vCash
    I voted Bourn because leadoff hitter is a must for this team. Torres and Pagan both had awesome years as a leadoff hitter, and I want that trend to continue. Unlike some, I'm not sold on Blanco as the everyday leadoff guy.
    "We earned this ****ing burn. It doesn’t matter how you get from A to B. Our goal at the beginning of this ****ing season is to win a ****ing World Series, and guess what, boys, we’re going to the ****ing dance." - The Reverend Hunter Pence

<3
    "[He's] a really complete player... There's not really any weaknesses to his game." - Bill Belichick on Andrew Luck

vCash
    If I had to choose 1 of them I would go with Pagan.For all the reasons listed by others here.Upton's inconsistency ,Bourn's likelyhood to decline and Swisher's inability to get it done in the post season.I would rather just resign Cabrera and roll with Blanco in CF and wait for Brown to be ready and better FA classes in the future.Or by some stroke of luck trade for Stanton without losing Brown or any of our rotation or Belt.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sfgiants5518 View Post
    Assuming all 3 players receive the same contract, which would you want the Giants to sign if they can only sign 1?

Pagan, Swisher, B.J. Upton, or Bourn.
    Am I the only one that noticed it says all 3 players and then list 4.

Anyway, back on topic, I'd rather see the Giants get Swisher if all the contracts are similar.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TKellion View Post
    If I had to choose 1 of them I would go with Pagan.For all the reasons listed by others here.Upton's inconsistency ,Bourn's likelyhood to decline and Swisher's inability to get it done in the post season.I would rather just resign Cabrera and roll with Blanco in CF and wait for Brown to be ready and better FA classes in the future.Or by some stroke of luck trade for Stanton without losing Brown or any of our rotation or Belt.
    I would be more then happy to trade Brown as a piece to get Stanton, it would take a lot more then him and I don't really see it as a possibility, but Stanton is a much better piece then Brown's maximum potential is.
    Last edited by jawjr13; 11-15-2012 at 06:48 PM.

vCash
    Bourn and Swisher are on another level than the other two in my opinion. I'd give the edge to Bourn because he's arguably the best defensive CF in the game and in our park, with our team, he'd be very valuable out there. On the downside, he might be the first to decline because his game is predicated on his elite speed.

vCash
    pointless thread, the salaries will be very different.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sfattahian View Post
    pointless thread, the salaries will be very different.
    If it's pointless then why post in it?
    "We earned this ****ing burn. It doesn’t matter how you get from A to B. Our goal at the beginning of this ****ing season is to win a ****ing World Series, and guess what, boys, we’re going to the ****ing dance." - The Reverend Hunter Pence

<3
    "[He's] a really complete player... There's not really any weaknesses to his game." - Bill Belichick on Andrew Luck

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jawjr13 View Post
    Am I the only one that noticed it says all 3 players and then list 4.

Anyway, back on topic, I'd rather see the Giants get Swisher if all the contracts are similar.
    I originally forgot about Upton, so i added him and evidently forgot to change the 3 to a 4.

<3

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sfgiants5518 View Post
    If it's pointless then why post in it?
    Zing.

vCash
    Swisher, and then Bourn.
    Today is the future that you have built (or neglected) yesterday.

vCash
    Factoring everything, I would have to say Upton. He is the youngest, and he has the most power. He also is a better defender than Pagan, and Swisher.

vCash
    This is just a little fun, and the off-season is for dreaming and speculating. Enjoy To the topic, my initial reaction was speed. Then logic came in. Swisher has power, good OBP, not so hot BA, but is steady, if not spectacular in the field. Blanco in CF can become Brown, with a good start at Fresno. Blanco becomes the 4th OF. Get a bat (Swisher), keep speed at the top & in CF (Blanco/Brown), and score lots of runs on the way to another WS!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12