Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Posey NL MVP

vCash

Posey NL MVP

Congrats Buster. ROY, 2 time WS Champ, Silver slugger, Caught a perfect game, NL MVP...what else can this guy do
    Last edited by timmyd1924; 11-15-2012 at 06:26 PM.

vCash
    We are all witness's to greatness

vCash
    Talk about full circle! From leading a charge to the World Series Championship in '10, to a devastating injury last season, and now winning a second World Series Championship plus National League MVP! The king has laid his claim. Can't believe we have him on our team. He helped turn the fortunes of this franchise in only his first few years! We're VERY lucky. Well deserved Buster!

How sweet it is, how unbelievably sweet it is! 2010 AND 2012 San Francisco Giants are WORLD SERIES CHAMPIONS!

vCash
    What a great year! Definitely deserved it.

There's a ton of Hall of famers that don't have resumes like Buster already has in only 2 years.

vCash
    In a result that should surprise nobody, Giants catcher Buster Posey has won the National League Most Valuable Player award, adding this coveted honor to his 2010 Rookie of the Year and 2012 Comeback Player of the Year honors.

Posey won with 27 first-place out of 32 members of the Baseball Writers Association of America. I was one of the voters, and I picked Posey first. Ryan Braun of the Milwaukee Brewers, who finished second, had three first-place votes. Cardinals catcher Yadier Molina had two.

Posey is the first catcher to win the award since Johnny Bench in 1972.

“Man, it’s tough to put into words,” Posey said a minute after he heard the announcement on the MLB Network. “I think it’s an accomplishment that is shared with the whole Giants organization. It starts with the top with great ownership, the front office putting great guys on the field. It’s a great place to come play ball every day.”

Speaking at the school at which his mom teaches, holding one of his twin girls while wife Kristen held the other, Posey said, ”I’m very fortunate it’s a great environment. We’ve seen past couple of years how passionate the fans are. I couldn’t be more honored to have my name alongside the past players who won the honor.”

Posey earned the ninth MVP award by a San Francisco Giant. Willie Mays won in 1965, Willie McCovey in 1969 and Kevin Mitchell in 1989. Barry Bonds won the other five, including four in a row from 2001-04.

This year, Posey won the NL batting title with a .336 average and had the highest Wins Above Replacement figure in the league at 7.2 (baseball-reference.com version). Beyond the stats, Posey played a pivotal role in guiding the Giants to their second National League West title in three seasons and, ultimately, another World Series championship.

In particular, he stepped up his game after Melky Cabrera was suspended on Aug. 15 for the rest of the regular season. Posey’s OPS of .973 after the Cabrera suspension was higher than his full-season OPS of .957.

Posey also quarterbacked the pitching staff, aside from Tim Lincecum and Barry Zito for most of the year. When he did not catch, Posey made 29 starts at first base and three as designated hitter. He played in 148 games in what amounted to his first full season in the majors, one year after going down with a horrific leg injury and missing the final four months of 2011.

Return here later for Posey’s comments.
    http://blog.sfgate.com/giants/2012/1...-player-award/

Slumpy Shoulder HR Counter: 10

vCash
    In a result that should surprise nobody, Giants catcher Buster Posey has won the National League Most Valuable Player award, adding this coveted honor to his 2010 Rookie of the Year and 2012 Comeback Player of the Year honors.

Posey won with 27 first-place out of 32 members of the Baseball Writers Association of America. I was one of the voters, and I picked Posey first. Ryan Braun of the Milwaukee Brewers, who finished second, had three first-place votes. Cardinals catcher Yadier Molina had two.

Posey is the first catcher to win the award since Johnny Bench in 1972.

“Man, it’s tough to put into words,” Posey said a minute after he heard the announcement on the MLB Network. “I think it’s an accomplishment that is shared with the whole Giants organization. It starts with the top with great ownership, the front office putting great guys on the field. It’s a great place to come play ball every day.”

Speaking at the school at which his mom teaches, holding one of his twin girls while wife Kristen held the other, Posey said, ”I’m very fortunate it’s a great environment. We’ve seen past couple of years how passionate the fans are. I couldn’t be more honored to have my name alongside the past players who won the honor.”

Posey earned the ninth MVP award by a San Francisco Giant. Willie Mays won in 1965, Willie McCovey in 1969 and Kevin Mitchell in 1989. Barry Bonds won the other five, including four in a row from 2001-04.

This year, Posey won the NL batting title with a .336 average and had the highest Wins Above Replacement figure in the league at 7.2 (baseball-reference.com version). Beyond the stats, Posey played a pivotal role in guiding the Giants to their second National League West title in three seasons and, ultimately, another World Series championship.

In particular, he stepped up his game after Melky Cabrera was suspended on Aug. 15 for the rest of the regular season. Posey’s OPS of .973 after the Cabrera suspension was higher than his full-season OPS of .957.

Posey also quarterbacked the pitching staff, aside from Tim Lincecum and Barry Zito for most of the year. When he did not catch, Posey made 29 starts at first base and three as designated hitter. He played in 148 games in what amounted to his first full season in the majors, one year after going down with a horrific leg injury and missing the final four months of 2011.

Return here later for Posey’s comments.
    http://blog.sfgate.com/giants/2012/1...-player-award/

vCash
    Go ahead and retire now Buster. There isn't anything else for you to accomplish. You've done it all!!!

Atta boy! Congrats to our home grown kid!

vCash
    Well deserved

vCash
    What a great way to end the season. Bring on 2013!

vCash
    couldn't be any more happier for him. very well deserved and hoping lots more on the way.

vCash
    I expect about 12 more WS wins, 8 more MVPs, probably like 5 GGs along the way as well by the time it's all said and done.

Congrats Buster!

vCash
    two ws rings,silver slugger award, comeback player of year and well deserved mvp.Buster is a throw back to an old school humble, team baseball player, when baseball was the National Pasttime!

vCash
    How fortunate for the Giants that they had the No. 1 overall pick in 2008, oh wait, that's right...4 other teams passed on him...

vCash
    I still remember the days I got mad because we passed up on Justin Smoak for Buster Posey.

Justin ****ing Smoak! We coulda had him guyz!

vCash
    Just think...Buster Posey is the reason future HOF Todd Wellemeyer has a world series ring.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast