Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Trade for Reyes

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rdg515 View Post
    I get the sneaking suspicion that Reyes won't stay in TOR for long. I have no idea what the trade bait would have to be but if Buehrle and Buck are also in this deal TOR would be taking on $30M in payroll and not sending back nearly half that much. I hypothesize that Reyes would then be sent to the Mets for Murphy and another trading chip...maybe Duda who should be in the AL broken wrist notwithstanding [you can trade for an injured player]. Reyes goes home and the Mets use the money saved from the Bay buyout to afford Jose's big contract. Then Wright wants to stay and Dickey re-signs and the Mets fill that gaping leadoff hole. We get the square pegs off the team once and for all and in the AL where they belong. Murphy and Duda should be playing 3B and 1B and DH.

Sign Shoppach or equal to improve the catching spot. Use the Torres and Pelfrey money on a corner outfielder ($8.5M) like Swisher for one year. Give Valdespin the CF job with Nieuwenhuis in reserve. Keep Hairston and make him the LFer until one of the kids is ready [WFlores, Puello]. Add a retread starter and veteran LOOGY reliever for depth and keep your fingers crossed that everyone stays healthy and productive.

Lineup: Reyes, Tejada, Wright, Davis, Swisher, Hairston, Valdespin, Shoppach/Thole. Turner, Cedeno or equal, Nieuwenhuis, Baxter fill out the bench. A more balanced lineup lefty/righty and more speed.

Staff: Dickey, Santana [later Wheeler], Niese, Harvey and Gee.
    Pen: Francisco, Rauch, Parnell, Edgin, Carson, etc.

This team, with a few good seasons, could contend and get stronger after Wheeler comes up and Santana's contract expires the year after and can be reinvested to fill the remaining holes. And like the economy, once they are rising in the standings the fans will fill the seats and the income will go back up. Insightful comments welcomed.
    I didn't know Bergen County had legalized the sale of marijuana.

vCash
    no, reyes is not getting traded for Murphy......seriously?
    Oh wait, we just got Miguel Cabrera for Mike Nickeas.......so maybe?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GottaBelieve View Post
    Though I am appreciative of the thread providing me with an easy Everly Brothers link...
    Always happy to oblige.
    "Mr. Martin Tanner, Baritone, of Dayton, Ohio made his Town Hall debut last night. He came well prepared, but unfortunately his presentation was not up to contemporary professional standards. His voice lacks the range of tonal color necessary to make it consistently interesting. Full time consideration of another endeavor might be in order."

vCash
    I get the sneaking suspicion that Reyes won't stay in TOR for long. I have no idea what the trade bait would have to be but if Buehrle and Buck are also in this deal TOR would be taking on $30M in payroll and not sending back nearly half that much. I hypothesize that Reyes would then be sent to the Mets for Murphy and another trading chip...maybe Duda who should be in the AL broken wrist notwithstanding [you can trade for an injured player]. Reyes goes home and the Mets use the money saved from the Bay buyout to afford Jose's big contract. Then Wright wants to stay and Dickey re-signs and the Mets fill that gaping leadoff hole. We get the square pegs off the team once and for all and in the AL where they belong. Murphy and Duda should be playing 3B and 1B and DH.

Sign Shoppach or equal to improve the catching spot. Use the Torres and Pelfrey money on a corner outfielder ($8.5M) like Swisher for one year. Give Valdespin the CF job with Nieuwenhuis in reserve. Keep Hairston and make him the LFer until one of the kids is ready [WFlores, Puello]. Add a retread starter and veteran LOOGY reliever for depth and keep your fingers crossed that everyone stays healthy and productive.

Lineup: Reyes, Tejada, Wright, Davis, Swisher, Hairston, Valdespin, Shoppach/Thole. Turner, Cedeno or equal, Nieuwenhuis, Baxter fill out the bench. A more balanced lineup lefty/righty and more speed.

This team, with a few good seasons, could contend and get stronger after Wheeler comes up and Santana's contract expires the year after and can be reinvested to fill the remaining holes. And like the economy, once they are rising in the standings the fans will fill the seats and the income will go back up. Insightful comments welcomed.
    The only thing correct in this post is that Reyes won't be in Toronto very long. Assuming they have a press conference to introduce him to the media, he'll be on the next plane out about an hour after it ends. But he'll probably be playing for the Jays for the duration of his contract. Oh, and he'll leave Toronto the day after each season ends too.

Speaking of his contract, why in the world would the Mets take on that albatross? It was bad when the Marlins made the deal and it's worse now. Forget about whether Murphy and Duda would get Reyes (which is, of course, absolutely rediculous) they're not sending him and we're not taking him back. (unless the Jays send along about $25-30 million . . hahahaha)

Oh, I guess one other correct thing is that Murphy and Duda should be playing 1B, 3B, or better yet, DH in the AL. But:

Swisher isn't taking 1 yr. or $8.5 million. Think 3/$39 or more.
    Valdy is NOT an outfielder, he'll kill us as a regular CF.
    Shoppach may be a last resort, but I think you will see a catcher come to us in a trade.
    There are much better options for the lineup than what is mentioned above.
    Former B'klyn Dodger fan. Mets Maniac since 1962.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnNY62 View Post
    I didn't know Bergen County had legalized the sale of marijuana.
    It's gotta be something a lot stronger than that, no?
    "Mr. Martin Tanner, Baritone, of Dayton, Ohio made his Town Hall debut last night. He came well prepared, but unfortunately his presentation was not up to contemporary professional standards. His voice lacks the range of tonal color necessary to make it consistently interesting. Full time consideration of another endeavor might be in order."

vCash
    Or they can dickey and duda to the rangers for elvis andrus and david murphy

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rebuilding View Post
    Or they can dickey and duda to the rangers for elvis andrus and david murphy
    I like Andrus, but he is going to be a free agent after the 2014 season, and has Scott Boras as his agent, I think the Mets would look for someone they can control a little longer.

Brooklyn to Denver to L.A. to Denver and back to L.A.
    vCash

Stop the man-dreaming.

By the way, out of curiosity are you a stockbroker? Why do you remind me of the one and only, DR TRADE.....

Shea Stadium Scoreboard May 31, 1964

Mets Dieharder Since '63
    Broncos Dieharder Since '73
    Los Angeles Kings Dieharder Since 1987
    Los Angeles Kings 2012 and 2014 Stanley Cup Champions -
    Denver Rockets/Nuggets Dieharder Since '73

ua you're gone, but never forgotten, R.I.P.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12