Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

Is It Worth Trading For Mike Minor & Sean Gilmartin???

With the Atlanta Braves being mentioned as having what the Minnesota Twins need & being perfect trade partners this off-season so far, would it be worth trading Josh Willingham & Denard Span for Mike Minor & Sean Gilmartin?

In my opinion, it will be hard to trade Josh Willingham, but the Minnesota Twins are so desperate for starting pitching, he may be worth such a trade.

I guess I would place Trevor Plouffe in LF to replace Josh Willingham, Ben Revere in CF replacing Denard Span & Chris Parmelee in RF.

The infield would consist of Jamey Carroll at 3rd, Pedro Florimon at SS, Brian Dozier at 2nd, Justin Morneau at 1st, Joe Mauer at C, Eduardo Escobar & Tommy Field as the utility infielders.

Revere - CF
    Carroll - 3rd
    Mauer - C/1st/DH
    Morneau - 1st/DH
    Doumit - DH/C
    Parmelee - RF
    Plouffe - LF
    Dozier - 2nd
    Florimon - SS

Herrmann - C
    Escobar - 2nd/3rd
    Field - SS
    Mastroianni - OF

Minor & Diamond would be the Twins #'s 1 & 2 pitchers even though they are both lefties. Gilmartin may even have a chance to become the # 5 starting pitcher again even though he is too a lefty. Any thoughts?
    Last edited by JG1117; 11-14-2012 at 12:58 AM.

vCash
    I think if we were to trade both of Span and Willingham for 2 pieces from the Braves the Twins might be able to get Minor and Hanson, or maybe even Delgado and Hanson. Either way I think the Twins and Braves match up very well this offseason to make a big move. I might actually even be surprised if the two teams don't end up making a deal.

vCash
    I'd rather let Arcia play left and leave Plouffe at 3B in this instance, but I'm not really sure I'd trade both outfielders in the same deal. This would allow Carroll to do what he does best -- be the utility guy. The Twins always seem to have one of these guys. Al Newman, Ron Washington, Denny Hocking for quite a while, Nick Punto, etc.
    Frankly, I'd see what Span would bring by himself and keep Willingham.

vCash
    Or maybe if we did move Willingham we could get a young MLB ready outfielder back in the deal along with a young pitcher? Im not sure Atlanta would be a great fit to do that, but thats just an idea.

vCash
    -
    Last edited by MattyG; 02-23-2013 at 12:20 AM.

vCash
    Is there any way we could swing a trade of Span/Revere and a spec or 2 or Shields and also deal an OF prospect (Hicks/Arcia/Benson) to the Braves for one of their SPs (Teheren/Delgado/Beachy/Minor/Hanson)?

Rumors have it that Willinghams value isnt all that high at the moment, but what kind of value does Arcia have? I know there was chatter about a swap with the Mariners...could the Braves/Rays be interested in him (though he doesnt really replace Bourne)

How about a Span and mid tier spec to the Braves for Delgado and Pastornicky (shore up the middle of our D and give us a pirhanna type at the 9 spot) and then an Arcia, Parmalee and mid tier spec for Shields? We would still have enough dough to go try and sign a mid rotation SP (Marcum/McCarthy/Guthrie) and perhaps scour the non tendered SPs just to fill out the rotation and eat innings (Jurrjens/Lannan/Hunter).

I personally would love to try to steal Jair Jurrjens if he is non tendered or even trade a low level spec for him...he has shown that when healthy he is a very good #2/3 SP and is still really young.