Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
Results 91 to 105 of 166
  1. #91
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Rogers Centre
    Posts
    11,285
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Il Mago50 View Post
    This is coming from a Jays fan since 2000 that has seen nothing but garbage team after garbage team for over a decade.

    At the trade deadline, we picked up two very good bullpen arms in Delabar and Lincoln. As well, we still have Casey Jannsen and will get back Sergio Santos next year along with a few other very good arms in our bullpen which should be a major strength for the team.

    The line-up now consists of two potent power bats in Encarnacion and Jose Bautista as well as good hitters like Rasmus, Arencibia, Lind, Brett Lawrie and potentially Travis D'Arnaud. Now we added one of the best lead off hitters and table setters to a lineup already potent to begin with.

    Finally, we have the pitching staff. Josh Johnson was very good for the most part in his first year back last season. Mark Buerhle spent his entire career in Chicago and knows how to pitch in the AL to be a good 3rd start. Brendan Morrow was one of the best AL pitchers up until his injury. Lastly, Ricky Romero struggled mightily but his career thus far has suggested a pitcher much better then the one we saw last year.

    With all that talent, I think that this team, at least on paper and Angels, Rangers, Phillies, etc. fans know that paper is pretty preliminary, but on paper this team actually looks like one of the top teams in the AL at this point.

    What do you guys think?
    You're obviously full of ****. We loaded our team in 2006 like we have this off-season. That team looked amazing.....on paper.

  2. #92
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Castlevania
    Posts
    2,564
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by R. Johnson#3 View Post
    You're obviously full of ****. We loaded our team in 2006 like we have this off-season. That team looked amazing.....on paper.
    Thing is the Jays arguably made better and more upgrades now than then.

    AJ Burnett was always known as a pitcher with great stuff but had mental breakdowns in game.

    We gave up so much dough to a reliever, bad idea.

    We're not paying big money to a 38 year old DH.

    Also it looks like as a hitter EE is better than Overbay, even when Overbay was a good hitter.

  3. #93
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Rogers Centre
    Posts
    11,285
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Vampirate View Post
    Thing is the Jays arguably made better and more upgrades now than then.

    AJ Burnett was always known as a pitcher with great stuff but had mental breakdowns in game.

    We gave up so much dough to a reliever, bad idea.

    We're not paying big money to a 38 year old DH.

    Also it looks like as a hitter EE is better than Overbay, even when Overbay was a good hitter.
    Still got 2 more players to go.

  4. #94
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Castlevania
    Posts
    2,564
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by R. Johnson#3 View Post
    Still got 2 more players to go.
    My bet is JPA or Ramsus are the next players to be traded.

  5. #95
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Kris Medlen's Bed
    Posts
    10,326
    vCash
    1500

    Exclamation

    Quote Originally Posted by Vampirate View Post
    Woah, woah, woah, let's not make auto assumptions. Until the Yankees are dethroned they are still the team to beat and I still have them ahead of the Jays.

    And i'm a Blue Jay fan myself.
    Thats my prediction and I'm sticking to it


    The Cult of Gattis

  6. #96
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    8,125
    vCash
    1750
    All depends if Ricky and Bautista can bounce back
    Future Ace

  7. #97
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    North North Up Top
    Posts
    1,959
    vCash
    1500
    Bautista was picking it up before his injury.. his hr count was top 3 and he was on a tear^
    " Not 1, Not 2, Not 3, Not 4, Not 5, Not 6....."

  8. #98
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    St. Catharines, ON
    Posts
    15,437
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by MackSnackWrap View Post
    Bautista was picking it up before his injury.. his hr count was top 3 and he was on a tear^
    I would imagine he's referring to the wrist injury, they can sap power for long periods of time especially if they linger. It is a cause for at least modest concern.

  9. #99
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Castlevania
    Posts
    2,564
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Dol-Fan View Post
    I would imagine he's referring to the wrist injury, they can sap power for long periods of time especially if they linger. It is a cause for at least modest concern.
    It's a good thing the offence doesn't rely on JUST Bautista anymore.

  10. #100
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Rogers Centre
    Posts
    11,285
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Vampirate View Post
    My bet is JPA or Ramsus are the next players to be traded.
    I was referring to the trading for Troy Glaus and signing Bengie Molina in the off-season before 2006.

  11. #101
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    237
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by R. Johnson#3 View Post
    You're obviously full of ****. We loaded our team in 2006 like we have this off-season. That team looked amazing.....on paper.
    Burnett, Ryan and past-prime Glaus is considered loading our team?
    That team never looked amazing on paper.
    This year's team looks amazing on paper.

  12. #102
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    10,880
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Stress View Post
    Burnett, Ryan and past-prime Glaus is considered loading our team?
    That team never looked amazing on paper.
    This year's team looks amazing on paper.
    It sure did look good on paper.
    Signature removed because **** is a dodging filter

  13. #103
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    13,337
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Towelie View Post
    It sure did look good on paper.
    I agree, it did... so did the 2011 Red Sox - I thought they were going to be ridiculously good after making all those signings. Championships aren't built on paper, that's why you play the games.


    Had to be done! Go T-Rex

  14. #104
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Castlevania
    Posts
    2,564
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Towelie View Post
    It sure did look good on paper.
    Well one of those signings was for a reliever, another for a very talented yet very inconsistant pitcher. I'd say Glaus was the best signing out of Burnett, Ryan and Glaus.

  15. #105
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    237
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Towelie View Post
    It sure did look good on paper.
    really?
    http://www.baseball-almanac.com/team...p?y=2006&t=TOR
    doesnt scream world series champs, division winner or wild card.

    Our current roster definitely reads as division winner or wild card playoff spot.
    Last edited by Stress; 11-20-2012 at 09:10 PM.

Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •