Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rkelly7 View Post
    Rasmus isn't terrible, Lind is. I always had a problem with Jays fans defending Travis Snider! He was never good except for half a season. I was sooooooooooooooo happy when AA traded him. Phew.
    Lind is very terrible. I wouldn't be all that surprised if they take a flier on a FA OF like Delmon Young say 1 year 10-12 mill (just due to the fact that its 1 year. ), Jayson Bay (1 year 2 mill with incentives), Nyjer Morgan (highly unlikely).

I still think the Tigers are favorites in the AL, with Rondon replacing Valverde and Martinez in essence replacing Young.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SpecialFNK View Post
    I think he meant he wants a BJ.
    no wait, that didn't come out right lol.
    I mean I think he meant BJ, as in free agent BJ Upton. not trading for Justin Upton.
    Still unrealisitic, your asking an organization to sign Swisher to a 3 year 30-40 million dollar deal and upton to a 4-5 year deal worth 50-60 mill. In that case you are screwing yourself over. I think Swisher has a better shot to remain productive than BJ Upton over the length of a deal. At the same time, you should be able to get similar production out of D'arnaud.

vCash
    I wouldn't want Nyjer Morgan, he would be worse than Lind. Morgan is bad against LH pitching, with no power.

I'm not a big Lind fan, but I still see potential. he was great in AAA when he went down there. he isn't all that good himself against LH pitching, but I think he could be really valuable if they could split him with someone that is good against LH pitching. I'm probably going to get people telling me I'm nuts for suggesting this, but someone like free agent Juan Rivera.

Velvet Sky. hottest woman in wrestling

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SpecialFNK View Post
    I wouldn't want Nyjer Morgan, he would be worse than Lind. Morgan is bad against LH pitching, with no power.

I'm not a big Lind fan, but I still see potential. he was great in AAA when he went down there. he isn't all that good himself against LH pitching, but I think he could be really valuable if they could split him with someone that is good against LH pitching. I'm probably going to get people telling me I'm nuts for suggesting this, but someone like free agent Juan Rivera.
    Me neither disrespectful little punk. If you take your chew outta ur mouth and throw it at an opposing pitcher, you shoud get ur *** beaten to the ground

“Just gobble, gobble, gobble, turkey from jive turkey gobblers”

vCash
    Some experts had us as an outside chance for the second wild card at the start of last season. This move makes the team better than last year and should put the Jays in the hunt come October.
    Green Bay Packers
    Detroit Red Wings
    Toronto Blue Jays
    Toronto Raptors

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by brewerboy View Post
    Lind is very terrible. I wouldn't be all that surprised if they take a flier on a FA OF like Delmon Young say 1 year 10-12 mill (just due to the fact that its 1 year. ), Jayson Bay (1 year 2 mill with incentives), Nyjer Morgan (highly unlikely).

I still think the Tigers are favorites in the AL, with Rondon replacing Valverde and Martinez in essence replacing Young.
    Young is a terrible player aswell. 10 million is WAY TO MUCH. Maybe a team signs him to a 3-4 million,but 10 million... Young would have to have some dirt on a GM. I would rather have Lind on our team than Young.
    Last edited by Farsight; 11-14-2012 at 11:13 AM.

vCash
    there is obviously another trade coming.no way we go into the season with 3 catchers.I could still see us getting marcum as well.

vCash
    The team that signs Delmon Young is making a big mistake. He won't produce like he did in the playoffs.

vCash
    The reason I suggested a 10 mill potential deal is because he is obviously going to be looking long term and that's something the Jays shouldn't wanna do. I do see it being more 5-8 mill for 1 year but you have to understand that every FA is going to be looking for a long term deal if they can get it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by brewerboy View Post
    The reason I suggested a 10 mill potential deal is because he is obviously going to be looking long term and that's something the Jays shouldn't wanna do. I do see it being more 5-8 mill for 1 year but you have to understand that every FA is going to be looking for a long term deal if they can get it.
    Obviously ever free agent wants a long term contract, but hes in no position to ask for one. Hes one of the worse players in baseball, and im not exaggerating. He should be lucky if a team offered him a one year contract, with a base salary of 2-3 million

vCash
    AA would be idiotic to even call Delmon Young's agent. Delmon Young is not good. Why would you even want him on your team?

vCash
    What a trade.. You guys will have to look hard to be critical of the Blue Jays in this scenario. Lost good prospects, but nobody of depth.. Lost an ok big league, but replaced him with one of the best.

Jays will compete, that's all there is to it.

9/13/14: #Mayhem (While Pacman fights Algieri in China. lol)
    vCash
    I hope they do well.

lol, Please' top 10 p4p: Mayweather/Marquez/Pacquiao/B-Hop/Ward/Rigondeaux/Wlad/Cotto/Froch/Maidana

Boxing Fan? Come Discuss Boxing!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mitchell133 View Post
    What a trade.. You guys will have to look hard to be critical of the Blue Jays in this scenario. Lost good prospects, but nobody of depth.. Lost an ok big league, but replaced him with one of the best.

Jays will compete, that's all there is to it.
    Who was saying they wont? I think everyone pretty much agrees that they should be in the hunt for the next 2-3 years now. Its if they can sustain that 4 and 5 years from now that people are questioning.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by StryderSox View Post
    Who was saying they wont? I think everyone pretty much agrees that they should be in the hunt for the next 2-3 years now. Its if they can sustain that 4 and 5 years from now that people are questioning.
    I think the biggest factor in the Jays long-term success rests on the success short term more than anything else. If the Jays don't tank like some teams who raised expectations the past few years (2011 Boston, 2012 Miami, ...2013 Dodgers?) and Anthopoulos makes it through the next 3 years with his job, I think he'll maintain a productive minor league system to support the big club.

In the 2012 draft, I believe the Blue Jays had more selections in the top 100 than any other team, and I believe they'll be drafting 9th overall in the 2013 draft (or perhaps 10th overall due to the Appel situation with Pittsburg).

In addition, they've been pretty active building up a base of talent in the lower minor league levels with signings like Roberto Osuna and Adonys Cardona. They also retained Noah Syndergaard, Travis D'Arnaud, Anthony Gose, Aaron Sanchez, Brett Lawrie and Anthony Gose.

From my own personal perspective, I'm still very enthusiastic about the future and I'd simply register my opinion as cautiously optimistic for the next couple of years.

Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast