Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

vCash

Blue Jays Finally Contenders??

This is coming from a Jays fan since 2000 that has seen nothing but garbage team after garbage team for over a decade.

At the trade deadline, we picked up two very good bullpen arms in Delabar and Lincoln. As well, we still have Casey Jannsen and will get back Sergio Santos next year along with a few other very good arms in our bullpen which should be a major strength for the team.

The line-up now consists of two potent power bats in Encarnacion and Jose Bautista as well as good hitters like Rasmus, Arencibia, Lind, Brett Lawrie and potentially Travis D'Arnaud. Now we added one of the best lead off hitters and table setters to a lineup already potent to begin with.

Finally, we have the pitching staff. Josh Johnson was very good for the most part in his first year back last season. Mark Buerhle spent his entire career in Chicago and knows how to pitch in the AL to be a good 3rd start. Brendan Morrow was one of the best AL pitchers up until his injury. Lastly, Ricky Romero struggled mightily but his career thus far has suggested a pitcher much better then the one we saw last year.

With all that talent, I think that this team, at least on paper and Angels, Rangers, Phillies, etc. fans know that paper is pretty preliminary, but on paper this team actually looks like one of the top teams in the AL at this point.

What do you guys think?
    Where Pick n Roll...Pick and Roll...Pick and Roll...Rebound Happens

vCash
    They definitlely have a good shot. Lets see what the Yankees/Red Sox do in the offseason though

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Killer Clown View Post
    They definitlely have a good shot. Lets see what the Yankees/Red Sox do in the offseason though
    Yes they have a good shot. Don't have to worry about the redsox...they are "rebuilding" Yanks will spend and I would say have an eye on TBay.

vCash
    Lets wait for this trade to go through officially

vCash
    Not ready to crown them AL east champs myself but they are definitely a much better team

it will only come down to health because the talent is there

props to vick27m

"Art was my first major in college but it was too hard, so I majored in math"
    Ron Artest

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bomber0104 View Post
    Not ready to crown them AL east champs myself but they are definitely a much better team

it will only come down to health because the talent is there
    THIS x a million

We've seen it many times before...

Doesnt mean i wont cheer because i will,but you can't judge a book by it's cover.
    Last edited by 1hardcore; 11-23-2012 at 08:56 AM.

vCash
    Possibly.

Edit: Look at my avatar. Anything is possible.

vCash
    Not yet. These guys still need to prove they can be healthy for the entire year and live up to their price tags. That being said, I'm excited.

vCash
    It all depends on health. There still plenty of off season left.

vCash
    i think you've not been watching baseball closely if you think you've seen nothing but garbage team after garbage team for the past decade!
    Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    well unfortunately it looks like you were right about Bargs...

but hopefully we can use his expiring, if not at least we unloaded Novak's deal...

vCash
    Moreso than they have been in 15 or 20 years, IIRC. That division could be there for the taking if the Yankees can't re up well.

vCash
    I still like the Rays to win the East

vCash
    Jays need to fill the DH and LF hole (say Swisher and Upton?).

If they do that, yes they will be AL east champions most likely.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanyo View Post
    Jays need to fill the DH and LF hole (say Swisher and Upton?).

If they do that, yes they will be AL east champions most likely.
    Okay but if you want Upton your going to give up 1 of: Syndergaard,Sanchez, Norris, and most likely D'Arnaud.
    Thats like saying "if the Brewers trade for Upton, sign Hamilton and Greinke then they will be favorites to win the NL Central"

vCash
    Rasmus isn't terrible, Lind is. I always had a problem with Jays fans defending Travis Snider! He was never good except for half a season. I was sooooooooooooooo happy when AA traded him. Phew.

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast