Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

Anderson Silva announces "vacation" from fighting won't return until late 2013.

UFC fans awaiting for the anticipated super-fight between middleweight champion Anderson Silva and welterweight titleholder Georges St-Pierre are going to have to wait longer... because the Brazilian champ is going on an extended vacation.

Silva told Brazil-based website, Tatame, that he doesn't plan on returning until ate 2013.

"I'm on vacation from fighting. I (will) just come back at the end of next year," he said.

What is he going to do? He says a movie and focus on business.

Silva's vacation will potentially put the brakes on any middleweight championship bout for the next year in the UFC... and obviously, the super-fight with GSP.
    http://www.ballerstatus.com/2012/11/...per-fight-gsp/

It really sucks for the guys in the middleweight division close to a title shot. Because it puts them in the spot of either having to just sit out and wait or keep accepting fights and hoping they don't lose their shot.

Both Michael Bisping and Chris Weidman have expressed their disapproval with the announcement and are saying if he is gonna be out for that long then they should allow for an interim title fight.

This also should throw water on GSP vs Silva seeing that he is already gonna be out for at least a year. Its unlikely that after that kind of layoff his first fight back wouldn't be a title defense. When you consider that he fought at 205 last time out a fight against GSP in his return would make at least 18 months without him defending his title.

vCash
    Late 2013 is basically a whole year away. Might as well retire if you're gonna hold up the division that long.

vCash
    What a clown. Ur saying nobody can challenge for that belt for a full year? What a *****

vCash
    I can't imagine the UFC being too happy about their top fighter deciding to take a year vacation.

vCash
    What the **** does he have up his sleeve? Didn't he announce not that long ago that he had a million fights left in him?

It'd be really stupid to slow down during the twilight of his career, especially if he really plans on making a movie. He can make a movie whenever he wants to.
    Bachelors III . . . In the Inn. . . Lanas Garage 4/18/75 . . . lpswitch with Snake, Hards and Mendy . . .B.D.W.B. . . Ambition: I want Dooleys Job . . . Saturday Night Live . . . Bathroom Brawls . . . Living at Snakes . . . WHERE IS MUSKY. - John Tortorella

vCash
    I don't buy it. I'll be shocked if AS doesn't fight until late 2013 like he says.

My guess this is just a tactic to get a new (better) contract. I think he has 2 fights left in his contract, if Dana wants him in big fights (GSP, Jones), he's going to have to give AS another raise.
    -----

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Knockturnal View Post
    I don't buy it. I'll be shocked if AS doesn't fight until late 2013 like he says.

My guess this is just a tactic to get a new (better) contract. I think he has 2 fights left in his contract, if Dana wants him in big fights (GSP, Jones), he's going to have to give AS another raise.
    I was thinking that as well. That is too long to be off just for vacation and to shoot a movie. He can't have that big of a role to require that much time.

vCash
    If AS is out that long, they should do an interm title fight. Maybe do a tournament where Boestch/Weidman winner faces off with the Bisping/Belfort winner?

vCash
    I'll believe Silva doesn't fight until late 2013 when I (don't) see it.
    Visit my Blog.

"Glad the GOP finally came out with an Obamacare alternative. Can't wait to see their alternative to the Iraq War." - @LOLGOP

vCash
    they would surely do an interim title fight. I am actually surprised the UFC does not have provisions in contracts for champions to have to fight if healthy, it just creates such a cluster F.

Either way I am sure Dana will address it and clear it up

vCash
    This is Silva's way of demanding a raise.

vCash
    Pretty much

New York Yankees

Dallas Mavericks

New Jersey Devils
    Seattle Seahawks
    HW: Brock "The White Gorilla"Lesnar
    MW: Lyoto "The Dragon" Machida
    WW: Jonny "BIGG RIGG" hendricks
    LW: Nate Diaz
    FLW: John "The Magician" Dodson
    Dale Earnhardt Jr.
    Favorite Athletes: Dirk Nowitzki, Brock Lesnar & Lyoto Machida

vCash
    its a crock

after gsp wins, there gonna meet in the middle of the octagon and make that fight official. it will be superbowl weekend in dallas hahaha !!!!

vCash
    It definitely won't be superbowl weekend

New York Yankees

Dallas Mavericks

New Jersey Devils
    Seattle Seahawks
    HW: Brock "The White Gorilla"Lesnar
    MW: Lyoto "The Dragon" Machida
    WW: Jonny "BIGG RIGG" hendricks
    LW: Nate Diaz
    FLW: John "The Magician" Dodson
    Dale Earnhardt Jr.
    Favorite Athletes: Dirk Nowitzki, Brock Lesnar & Lyoto Machida

vCash

Anderson Silva announces "vacation" from fighting won't return until late 2013.

Sounds like a load of **** to me

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast