Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 12 of 70 FirstFirst ... 210111213142262 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Back to back to back games...beating a tough depth and talented VCU team and #2 Louisville in the process. The champs of the Battle for the Atlantis.

Just the beginning. This Duke squad can make some major noise...we have to work on the boards though. We're giving up wayy too many offensive rebounds...wait till we get Marshall in the mix to help support that. I like what I'm seeing thus far.

vCash
    I'm telling you, playing against that wild VCU press was a blessing in disguise for our players. They handled the Louisville press with relative ease.

Good win Duke! That was one hell of a tournament. I love the way Suilamon played too. He looks great out there... he kinda reminds me of Kobe Bryant for some reason. Also, Quinn played a very strong tournament.

Great all around performance and I agree BK, this team has a lot of talent.

vCash
    I feel bad that I don't come in here during the games haha... Brave Kid is going to work all on his own

vCash
    Lol, no worries. I know they are quite a few Duke fans around here I'm just keeping it up till we get the reinforcements in. I'm betting they start to show when Ohio State comes in...that's pretty big.

But anyway, I am loving the way we play defense..drastically better than last years...and the credit has to go to Cook/Suilamon and overall unselfish team play. Last year, it was a two man isolation show. 1 on 1..Seth Curry and Austin Rivers. Neither play defense well and both got caught into a bunch of isolation battles...not helpful at all.

We can still get better as well. We haven't seen much of Murphy or Jefferson and none of Marshall..we're working our way up but great to see we're already solid.

vCash
    Duke has done work against the top teams, Louisville and Kentucky. Well done boys. Good luck against the Buckeyes this week.

#iubb

vCash
    Yeah if they beat OSU they'll practically have a 1 seed locked up already with 3 top 5 wins before Decemeber even starts.

vCash
    Didn't even realize how tough Duke's early season schedule was. You guys got a great team on your hands.

And...here...we...go...

vCash
    I think the two most obvious weaknesses thus far for us have been when Plumlee gets in foul trouble, and the fact that no one other than Sulaimon seems to be able to create their own shot. We'll see how those progress, but if Marshall can provide a little something that'd be a huge help with the first issue.

Coming soon to a TKRO stadium near you

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by VRP723 View Post
    I think the two most obvious weaknesses thus far for us have been when Plumlee gets in foul trouble, and the fact that no one other than Sulaimon seems to be able to create their own shot. We'll see how those progress, but if Marshall can provide a little something that'd be a huge help with the first issue.
    I think Curry has done a decent job with regards to creating his own shot. My main worry would be our difficulty to rebound. Also, pertaining to rebounding, our lack of a back up big man, which you already brought up. Hopefully when Marshall comes back he can fit nicely into that role.

Also, with this team, our ball movement and offensive efficiency have both been tremendous. Because of this, I don't think we need multiple players to be able to create their own shots. Curry and Sulaimon are enough IMO.

Quinn Cook has done a great job so far with running the offense and changing the pace when necessary.

Our starting line-up of

Quinn
    Curry
    Rasheed
    Kelly
    Mason

is extremely dynamic. Each player is formidable on offense. Plumlee is a true low-post scorer, Kelly can stretch the floor and play with his back to the basket, Curry and Rasheed can score in a multitude of different ways, and as I already stated, Cook has shown the ability to run a very efficient offense.

Also, on the defensive side of the ball, we have shown the ability to play great team defense. Switching Rasheed with Austin/Andre has helped in a big way. Rasheed has played tremendous on-ball defense so far.

My only worry through all of this is our rebounding trouble and our lack of size. Hopefully Marshall can help out.

vCash
    Time for a battle tonight men. Can't wait.

vCash
    I'm nervous. I'm a student at Ohio State and I don't want to deal with the backlash of a loss.

Coming soon to a TKRO stadium near you

vCash
    Must of been hell for you last year..lets hope we can get some payback for that.

vCash
    pay these ****ers back

vCash
    game time.

vCash
    Man, Kelly is establishing himself as such a shot blocker. The thing is..he could of always been a good one.

Page 12 of 70 FirstFirst ... 210111213142262 ... LastLast