Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

Will Magic dance at the victory parade this year??

Will he dance around, laugh and smile, and say "I love the Lakers! I love this TEAM! Mike D'Antoni has done a WONDERFUL job! And I love and trust Jerry Buss, Mitch Kupchak and Jim Buss! Yayyy Los Angeles!"

I mean, granted, we can expect him to bash and criticize the Lakers on ESPN and TNT all through the season and the playoffs: calling out their heart, desire, defense, etc. And you know he is always skeptical of Kobe, that Kobe just never truly had what it takes to run the Showtime Lakers and would've just been like, average in the fabulous 80's. And Dwight, yeah, he's alright, but, his smile is just as good, he's just as much fun as some NBA superstars in Los Angeles back in the golden 80's.

Still, the big question is, will Magic show up to throw confetti and jump up and down when the Lakers bring the trophy back to LA this year? Will he ride on the grand bandwagon through the streets of LA and say "woo hoo Lakers" ?

Just wondering. I mean, it seems like he is either a giant phony or else has the memory of a freakin' goldfish, but I think it is a fair question.

vCash
    "I believe in Jerry Buss!!"

but

"I don't believe in the guy Jerry Buss put in charge of running the franchise!!"

vCash
    Here's hoping a parade Buss (get it! ) runs over him -- because that will mean we've won another title.

And if there's one thing we all know about Magic, it's that he's all about those championships.

vCash
    he's hard core laker fan. who care when he says stuff when he's upset. you saying this kind of stuff is more stupid. everyone know's magic loves lakers and anyone would say thing they dont mean they are upset.

vCash
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=clz2PxWxVks

History will repeat itself..

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sssmush View Post
    Will he dance around, laugh and smile, and say "I love the Lakers! I love this TEAM! Mike D'Antoni has done a WONDERFUL job! And I love and trust Jerry Buss, Mitch Kupchak and Jim Buss! Yayyy Los Angeles!"

I mean, granted, we can expect him to bash and criticize the Lakers on ESPN and TNT all through the season and the playoffs: calling out their heart, desire, defense, etc. And you know he is always skeptical of Kobe, that Kobe just never truly had what it takes to run the Showtime Lakers and would've just been like, average in the fabulous 80's. And Dwight, yeah, he's alright, but, his smile is just as good, he's just as much fun as some NBA superstars in Los Angeles back in the golden 80's.

Still, the big question is, will Magic show up to throw confetti and jump up and down when the Lakers bring the trophy back to LA this year? Will he ride on the grand bandwagon through the streets of LA and say "woo hoo Lakers" ?

Just wondering. I mean, it seems like he is either a giant phony or else has the memory of a freakin' goldfish, but I think it is a fair question.
    Why wouldn't he? He's a bigger Lakers fan than you will ever be.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by magic0320 View Post
    he's hard core laker fan. who care when he says stuff when he's upset. you saying this kind of stuff is more stupid. everyone know's magic loves lakers and anyone would say thing they dont mean they are upset.
    I don't know. Magics been inappropriately harsh and critical toward the Lakers in the media for years now, routinely putting down Kobe and heralding Lebron, even when Kobe was putting up legendary numbers and racking up 3 peats.

Magic jumped on the Lebron bandwagon so many times before it actually arrived, that he almost didn't have anything left to say when Lebron finally won a title, and could only fawn over him in breathless tones of admiration. Obviously, the fact that Lebron is in some ways more similar to Magic than Jordan or Kobe are probably has something to do with that, but a lot of people have noticed a kind of "72 Dolphins" attitude with Magic as well, and a tendency to on the one hand trash the team as if he were a coach and an insider (in the media) and then on the other hand to blow smoke up the behinds of Boston, Miami, San Antonio etc, always picking them to whup the Lakers in the playoffs, and then openly gloating when the Lakers lose.

This latest diatribe, which is openly trashing the current VP of personnel and the probable future owner and leader of the franchise, attempting to trash the reputation and name of somebody who is likely to be in charge of the Lakers for decades to come, is really stupid and irresponsible and bitter, and imho shows that Magic is really far more concerned with his own ego trips than reporting objectively about the Lakers.

What? Is Magic the new "Laker insider" on TNT now? Is he like the "Real Housewives of Laker Land LaLa" or something, giving us the scoop and trashing the Lakers from the inside in primetime on TNT? wtf

Let's call this for what it is. People have been making excuses for this for so long, and now it's out of control. If he's such a Phil Jackson loyalist then he should just go be an assistant coach under Phil Jackson in Minnesota or New York or something. Seriously, he claims to be such a Laker guy, but he is trashing the franchise and he is just not helping. Clearly it is all about ego and he doesn't even seem to be aware of it himself.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by handle View Post
    Why wouldn't he? He's a bigger Lakers fan than you will ever be.
    LoL, those other analysts made him look like a fool on that show. They led him into that, and then when he popped off so rudely like that, calling out Jim Buss by name, they all sat there like you could hear a pin drop.

what a moron

vCash
    Seriously, two months ago the Lakers had just signed Dwight and Nash, and expectations couldn't be hire.

Perhaps the best offseason in the HISTORY of the Lakers.

Now, 8 games in, Magic is outright trashing the VP of personnel and future owner, Jim Buss, in primetime on national TV. Saying he doesn't "believe" in Jim Buss, and undercutting the entire management and organization of the Lakers. WTF

presumably Magic had wanted all along to have Phil Jackson come back, and Phil had played his "mind games" on him since he left, calling and whispering in his ear about what the future would be like. Magic I guess always wanted Phil back and assumed he'd be back, but just never said so publicly.

The beauty of the move that Jim Buss pulled this week is that it flushed out all of the hidden enemies of the team and the front office, all of Phil Jackson's little spies, who all came rushing out to *yaaayyyy* for Phil and now are totally butthurt and look ridiculous

vCash
    Pure s! What a bunch of stupid comments! Magic made the LAkers and revive the NBA! Jimbaco is a douche! His ego will erode the legacy that his father built,because he has no personality and is totally jealous of Phil's popularity and success! His new coach is a total moron just like him and is not going to bring a ring ever!

vCash
    Seriously, two months ago the Lakers had just signed Dwight and Nash, and expectations couldn't be hire.

Perhaps the best offseason in the HISTORY of the Lakers.

Now, 8 games in, Magic is outright trashing the VP of personnel and future owner, Jim Buss, in primetime on national TV. Saying he doesn't "believe" in Jim Buss, and undercutting the entire management and organization of the Lakers. WTF

presumably Magic had wanted all along to have Phil Jackson come back, and Phil had played his "mind games" on him since he left, calling and whispering in his ear about what the future would be like. Magic I guess always wanted Phil back and assumed he'd be back, but just never said so publicly.

The beauty of the move that Jim Buss pulled this week is that it flushed out all of the hidden enemies of the team and the front office, all of Phil Jackson's little spies, who all came rushing out to *yaaayyyy* for Phil and now are totally butthurt and look ridiculous
    The best off season so far in recent time is SHaq and Kobe along with the further signing of Phil the ZEN MAster. Please shot your mouth.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by New Power House View Post
    The best off season so far in recent time is SHaq and Kobe along with the further signing of Phil the ZEN MAster. Please shot your mouth.
    Alright, that was a great offseason too.

But this offseason, we just picked up Dwight and Nash, which was tremendously awesome.

All summer the mood was sky-high, and tremendous optimism in Laker land for a great and fun season. Instead, what we got right now? Even though the team just hired one of the Olympic coaches, somebody who is willing to stay with the team longer than one or two years by the way, and doesn't insist on having GM authority, coaching part time, getting an ownership stake in the team and having the power to hire the next coach after him...

weve got Magic trashing Jim Buss by name in primetime on national media. Trying to mess up our season with whining and complaining even now.

Look, alright, so now we know that Magic was lying in the weeds all this time, scheming with, it's all clear now, various people and that Phil never really "left" he was always planning on being brought back, especially when Dwight got signed.

So now Phil didn't get his way... what? So Magic will start trashing the ownership and organization directly in the media? Calling out the owner and GM by name? Not good.

Magic was a great Laker, but hey, you don't see Kareem, Shaq or Byron Scott out there blabbing to the media every night about the Lakers business, and then trashing them when he doesn't get his way.

vCash
    Alright, that was a great offseason too.

But this offseason, we just picked up Dwight and Nash, which was tremendously awesome.

All summer the mood was sky-high, and tremendous optimism in Laker land for a great and fun season. Instead, what we got right now? Even though the team just hired one of the Olympic coaches, somebody who is willing to stay with the team longer than one or two years by the way, and doesn't insist on having GM authority, coaching part time, getting an ownership stake in the team and having the power to hire the next coach after him...

weve got Magic trashing Jim Buss by name in primetime on national media. Trying to mess up our season with whining and complaining even now.

Look, alright, so now we know that Magic was lying in the weeds all this time, scheming with, it's all clear now, various people and that Phil never really "left" he was always planning on being brought back, especially when Dwight got signed.

So now Phil didn't get his way... what? So Magic will start trashing the ownership and organization directly in the media? Calling out the owner and GM by name? Not good.

Magic was a great Laker, but hey, you don't see Kareem, Shaq or Byron Scott out there blabbing to the media every night about the Lakers business, and then trashing them when he doesn't get his way.
    All those players that you named,have either no guts or the stature or the power to criticize the organization the they helped to build! Kareem was just crying for getting his statue out side! But he still unemployed! Byron is far away! But Magic is filthy rich! He can challenge Jerry! What in the f world you are letting Jimbaco control the organization!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by New Power House View Post
    All those players that you named,have either no guts or the stature or the power to criticize the organization the they helped to build! Kareem was just crying for getting his statue out side! But he still unemployed! Byron is far away! But Magic is filthy rich! He can challenge Jerry! What in the f world you are letting Jimbaco control the organization!
    Yeah, that's exactly the feeling I get, is that Magic is "challenging" Jerry. And not in a cool, sportsmanlike way, but in a cheapo way, trashing Jim on TNT before a nationwide audience, and conspiring with Phil Jackson and Rambis etc to try to backdoor the organization and get Phil control. And I seem to remember that Magic sold his stake in the Lakers to another investor.

Phil was long rumored to be trying to wrestle control of the organization, and to "challenge" Jerry Buss; he was dating Jeannie Buss, and allegedly formed an alliance within the front office with her and others, a faction. He drove out Jerry West, and we will probably never know the full story of how that happened. He clearly wanted to somehow marry into the team or inherit control of the team somehow.

So when Jerry Buss began grooming Jim, obviously, that's when Phil and Magic and everybody got their panties in a wad. It reminds me a lot of that movie Moneyball, to be honest, when the stats nerd guy starts to get more influence. Anyway, Jim Buss delivered Nash AND Dwight Howard so far, a wet dream for Laker fans.

For Magic to say, "sure, Jim did ok getting Dwight and Nash, BUT..." then Magic is just full of ****.

And Phil is trashing his own legacy by all this transparent machinations to get back to being the head Laker coach. The truth is that dozens of coaches would have a good shot to win a championship with this team, and so for him to pull out all the stops and have his agent, Rambis, Magic and various sportswriters out there trashing the Lakers just shows no class.

Scoreboard: Jim Buss made a GREAT hire in D'Antoni. And Phil Jackson is done as a Laker. And magic is a sucky commentator and half the country is like "wtf is he talking about?"
    Last edited by Sssmush; 11-16-2012 at 12:57 AM.

vCash
    and what is the answer, anyway? Is Magic going to cheer and dance and prop everybody up at the victory parade next year?

why the heck is he burning bridges with the team like this I just don't know. And now there will be a statue of him out front of the stadium like forever.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast