Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

Does The A's Success Put Any More Pressure On Cisco Field Getting Approved?

Mets fan here, I love your guy's story and I would love to see you guys finally get a new stadium. I understand there's a dispute w/ the Giants over territorial rights in SJ, but wouldn't a new possible destination in the Bay Area arise because of the A's current success?
    For the best sports gifs and memes visit
    http://aviewfromthebleachers.tumblr.com/

vCash
    In my opinion the A's success made is more unlikely. The A's started filling the seats little by little the closer they got to the postseason, and had sellouts(i think) during the playoffs. i think it showed they can bring fans to Oakland, so they may have to settle for Oakland. Friends who watched the A's games told me their owner Wolfe was seen and didnt look really happy during the winning times so I bet Wolfe knew the plan on trying to have a bad season(2012) may have backfired

vCash

Does The A's Success Put Any More Pressure On Cisco Field Getting Approved?

Please Wolfe wasn't tanking. And for as great of season we had the mariners still out drew us. Sj should still be an athletics right
    Therefore he doesn't exist
    So poof...vamoose son of a b itch

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SFGIANTSFAN32 View Post
    In my opinion the A's success made is more unlikely. The A's started filling the seats little by little the closer they got to the postseason, and had sellouts(i think) during the playoffs. i think it showed they can bring fans to Oakland, so they may have to settle for Oakland. Friends who watched the A's games told me their owner Wolfe was seen and didnt look really happy during the winning times so I bet Wolfe knew the plan on trying to have a bad season(2012) may have backfired
    No, when he talked about stadiums (Selig) he only brought up the Rays. And the A's will still have very little people showing up for every regular season game just like the other years.

vCash
    I think if anything it shows the A's can stay in Oakland, (which probably makes Wolf mad). There was good attendance the last weeks and playoffs, maybe Oakland will make a bigger push to keep them. I know Howard Terminal is a longshot and has many issues, but I think it would be a sweet stadium.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Raidersfan93 View Post
    I think if anything it shows the A's can stay in Oakland, (which probably makes Wolf mad). There was good attendance the last weeks and playoffs, maybe Oakland will make a bigger push to keep them. I know Howard Terminal is a longshot and has many issues, but I think it would be a sweet stadium.
    You think people only showing up in the last few weeks of the season + playoffs shows the A's can stay in Oakland?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Stash View Post
    You think people only showing up in the last few weeks of the season + playoffs shows the A's can stay in Oakland?
    Yes I do. The place was rocking and I think that shows with a good product on the field people will come. I think if you add in a better stadium that will bring that many more fans. Oakland should want to keep the A's.

vCash
    Where were they the rest of the season? You can't just have people show up in the last few weeks each year.

vCash
    The A's would be fine in Oakland with a new stadium. The problem is financing it. Most stadiums get public subsidies, that won't happen in the Bay Area, and particularly Oakland after the disaster that was the Coliseum renovation. That leaves private financing, which the only precedent is the Giants' stadium, which was heavily funded by the SF corporate base. Oakland lacks this base, and here lies the problem.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Stash View Post
    Where were they the rest of the season? You can't just have people show up in the last few weeks each year.
    But you have to start somewhere don't you? Sure overall there was a week attendance, but I think the end of the season shows fas will come. And yes, financing is the biggest issue. It will be interesting to see when MLB makes a decision on San Jose.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheezombie View Post
    The A's would be fine in Oakland with a new stadium. The problem is financing it. Most stadiums get public subsidies, that won't happen in the Bay Area, and particularly Oakland after the disaster that was the Coliseum renovation. That leaves private financing, which the only precedent is the Giants' stadium, which was heavily funded by the SF corporate base. Oakland lacks this base, and here lies the problem.
    out of curiosity how are the warriors getting a new stadium? i know there is a big corporate base there, but i thought the city hooked it up and were trying to get the 9ers to stay.

vCash
    I don't know if that financing model has been released yet. I wouldn't be surprised if the NBA and Warriors are paying for it themselves while selling corporate sponsorships probably helping alot. And Arena is cheaper to build.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ciaban View Post
    out of curiosity how are the warriors getting a new stadium? i know there is a big corporate base there, but i thought the city hooked it up and were trying to get the 9ers to stay.
    Yes, they are. In San Fran right next to AT&T

vCash
    The Warriors are moving to SF down the way from the Giants home. The 49ers are moving to Santa Clara but will keep the SF name of course.

The city of Oakland is in predicament. Both A's and Raiders need new homes. The Raiders appear to be eager to stay in Oakland. The A's are obviously looking to SJ. There was rumors of a so called "Coliseum City" New homes for both A's, Raiders, and Warriors, and even a theme park. Mayor Quan is hoping for this but there is no real plan for this happening. The best chance for the A's to stay has passed. Back before Wolf owned the A's the ownership hired Wolf to find a site. He did so in downtown Oakland, as the A's began to inquire about the land (Next door to Fox Theater, Sears) at the time Mayor Jerry Brown zoned the land for low income housing putting another burden on Oakland. They built a bunch of town homes, condos, and apartments but they are selling below cost. Cutting into the profit plan for the city. That stadium would have been built already. Sadly, I really don't see a good resolution for the Oakland A's. If the A's move away from the Bay, or are contracted, I will never watch a baseball game again. I will never root cheer for another team then my home team.

vCash
    No way one of the original AL teams gets contracted. 2 teams would have to be contracted, the Players Union won't allow 50+ jobs getting cut, and there's just too much history with this franchise.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast