Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 52
  1. #31
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Valley stream, NY
    Posts
    1,764
    vCash
    1500
    Rasheed doesn't need to be playing. Kidd will move to the bench and prigioni wont play. Brewer will lose time and starting role as soon as Shump proves he's healthy enough for the starting 2 guard role. Ideally when healthy we should look like this.

    Felton - Kidd
    Shumpert - JR
    Carmelo - Brewer
    Amare - Novak
    Tyson - Camby

    Prigioni and Rasheed would be fillers
    Don't worry about what people think, they don't do it very often

    So Tired of Melo Ball




  2. #32
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Brooklyn NYC... orig: Peekskill
    Posts
    5,652
    vCash
    1500
    We need Stat's height, scoring and rebounding. He may only avg 7 rebounds a game, but we're getting killed on the boards. Every little bit helps.

  3. #33
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    1,659
    vCash
    1500
    Trade Amare for a first round pick to any team..

  4. #34
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    1,659
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by robdesign13 View Post
    We need Stat's height, scoring and rebounding. He may only avg 7 rebounds a game, but we're getting killed on the boards. Every little bit helps.
    Sorry but Amare's not a strong rebounder or defender..

  5. #35
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    2,042
    vCash
    1500
    Shumpert will get minutes from Kidd, Prigioni, Brewer and Novak (22 mins)

    Amare will get minutes from Camby, Wallace, THOMAS, Copeland, Chandler (28 mins)

  6. #36
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    2,042
    vCash
    1500
    Their minutes don't matter as much because of the winning - no need to GET them their minutes, just insert them at times when they can be most useful and go from there.

  7. #37
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Bay Area
    Posts
    1,440
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    Agreed, but come playoff time things tighten up, as we saw with Novak & JR last year.

    Amare is a proven efficient playoff scorer. Even last year for us he averaged 16ppg on just 9 shot attempts per game in the playoffs, there is NO ONE on our roster that can consistently do that, yes, not even Melo. Melo needs 12-14 shots to get to 16 points.

    We can get away with it during the season, but ask CHI if you can beat MIA with just one scorer while they throw THREE scorers at you and now a 4th in Allen. And CHI had Deng BTW who is a better second option than anyone we have outside of Amare.
    I completely agree with you, but I get riled up when people bring up points per shot attempts to prove a player is more/less efficient. Free throws count as possessions too. Points per possession or TS% please... With that said, Amare is still can be a very efficient scorer, but his usage rate won't be nearly as high as Melo, which can also account for his lower efficiency.

  8. #38
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    15,834
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by nytunnelvision View Post
    I completely agree with you, but I get riled up when people bring up points per shot attempts to prove a player is more/less efficient. Free throws count as possessions too. Points per possession or TS% please... With that said, Amare is still can be a very efficient scorer, but his usage rate won't be nearly as high as Melo, which can also account for his lower efficiency.
    Amare has a MUCH higher TS% and a much lower USG% career wise, although thats to be expected since he plays inside.

    Amare also gets to the FT line at a better clip than Melo career wise.

    Points per shot attempt is a good measure of efficiency for me. It does take into account free throws and 3's.

    Gallo was always a good example for me, a low fg%, but because he got to the FT line so much, and because he hit alot of 3's, he was still a very efficient player. He would get you 15ppg on only 10 FGA pg.

  9. #39
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    1,710
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Becks2307 View Post
    Shump shouldnt start this season....let him recover. Shump should be the 6th man/ versatile sub in
    I agree.. At least until March we should limit Shump's minutes to about 15 a game, to get him back into rhythm.

    I like the lineup proposed earlier, with Amare taking up Sheed's minutes.

    I think our priorities should be:

    1.- Keep Shump healthy
    2.- Keep our vets fresh for the Playoffs (Kidd would be the only one playing big minutes, Camby hasn't looked very good so far. Seems to me he's not comfortable with such few minutes, can't get into a rhythm)

    So consdering this, I think we will most likely have an 11 man rotation, with Prigioni not losing his role. Felton shouldn't be burned out and Kidd needs to stay fresh.

    SAME STARTING UNIT, GIVE SHUMP SOME MINUTES. BENCH RASHEED, INSERT AMARE TO BENCH.

  10. #40
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Queens,NYC,NY
    Posts
    4,594
    vCash
    1500
    He could replace Felton.

    Born a Knick Live a Knick Die a Knick
    Knicks-Jets-Yanks-Chris Paul-St.Johns-Duke Fan

  11. #41
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    4,339
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by StarvingKnick22 View Post
    He could replace Felton.
    Who?? Shump? no way I want him running the team at this point in his career.. we have 3 great PG's to take care of and handle the ball!!

    He may gaurd some PGs at times... he will get some minutes..but not too many at first..woodson has shown he will work guys in slowly(Amare also) to see where they fit.

    I am not convinced shump will be 100% at all this season... still be better than alot on defensive end... but we need to be patient with him..not push too hard

  12. #42
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    74
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Jint. View Post
    Chandler-Camby
    Melo-Amare
    Brewer-Novak
    Shump-JR
    Felton-Kidd

    10 man rotation
    only thing is so far early in the season woody seems to favor sheed over camby, i know camby's been out, we'll see if that changes or not. i like sheed and amare playing with each other in the second unit, and i think sheed is a better passer out of the post, which will only benefit guys like JR and Novak out on the perimeter.

  13. #43
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Queens,NYC,NY
    Posts
    4,594
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by bofakop View Post
    Who?? Shump? no way I want him running the team at this point in his career.. we have 3 great PG's to take care of and handle the ball!!

    He may gaurd some PGs at times... he will get some minutes..but not too many at first..woodson has shown he will work guys in slowly(Amare also) to see where they fit.

    I am not convinced shump will be 100% at all this season... still be better than alot on defensive end... but we need to be patient with him..not push too hard
    Felton doesn't exactly "run" the ball either. But at the end of the day, J-Kidd is the one who is really "running" the offense. Every time Melo gets the rebound, he asks "Who does this go to?" And Felton usually points to Kidd. Kidd will help Shumpert in a great way. Felton was good in these past games but is he going to help lead this team to a championship? Think long term.

    Born a Knick Live a Knick Die a Knick
    Knicks-Jets-Yanks-Chris Paul-St.Johns-Duke Fan

  14. #44
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    4,339
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by StarvingKnick22 View Post
    Felton doesn't exactly "run" the ball either. But at the end of the day, J-Kidd is the one who is really "running" the offense. Every time Melo gets the rebound, he asks "Who does this go to?" And Felton usually points to Kidd. Kidd will help Shumpert in a great way. Felton was good in these past games but is he going to help lead this team to a championship? Think long term.
    Exactly.. I am thinking long term... and I absolutely do not want shump replacing Felton this season.. It does not make us better... Let shump get better.. work his way back in the lineup...

    If you want to think long term... let him watch and learn .. talk on the bench to the vets and heal!!

  15. #45
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    1 Mile High
    Posts
    5,345
    vCash
    1500
    I want shumps to learn from Kidd on How to be a bully guard. Shumps' position is covered this year w/ ronnie and JR. He has all the time in the world to get healthy and work on his skills. A shumps who can shoot and put it on the floor, maybe average 13-14 ppg next season in the starting 5, would be epic. I don't want Shumps to force any part of his game, he is the youngest rotation player on this team by a lot, he has a lot of guys to learn from including 4 pg's (Baron, Kidd, Felton, Prigg's and **** include Frazier if he want's). He also has 2 sg's in Smith and Brewer who have had success so IMO keep developing him in around 20 mins a game then next year will be his breakout season.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •