Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 52
  1. #16
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    1 Mile High
    Posts
    5,724
    vCash
    1500
    so there are 5 positions and each position gets 48 mins so there are 240 mins per game available.

    Melo - 35 mins, this is guaranteed, he is already averaging 36 and i expect the slighest of declines when Amare returns
    Amare - 28 mins, I think we keep all the bigs mins down and try and keep them fresh for the playoffs.
    Chandler - 28 mins, Again keeping the bigs mins down keeps them fresh and gives backups playing time
    JR - 30 mins. Don't overdue JR's mins, he is better in bursts and I like when he plays with Melo as opposed to the second unit.
    Felton - 30 mins, keep his mins down too, I think he might get more but right now Kidd is playing well enough that we don't need Felton for 30+ a game.
    Shumps - 20 mins, Shumps stood out in last years guard rotation but will he in this? I say we use him for his defense and let him keep his offense to a min until he really can hit the jumper and put it on the ground. I would like to see him improve his ball handling skills and with JR playing this well both ways, we don't need Shumps as much.
    Kidd - 20 mins, no need for more unless we are really hurting.
    Novak - 15 mins, give him 4-5 looks from downtown and bam, we're golden.
    Brewer - 15 mins, mainly use him for Defense when he comes back when he matches up real well, he is likely to see a drop when shumps get's back.

    This still leaves about 19 mins a game for Camby, Prigs and Sheed. There are mins for both, but Melo is the only player I see getting full minutes this year. There will be minutes available for those that deserve it. It will encourage guys to work harder for the mins too.
    Last edited by JEDean89; 11-14-2012 at 02:12 AM.

  2. #17
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    545
    vCash
    1500
    I'll admit that after the first few games I didn't know if they needed Amare so much or not. But after watching 5 games now, the need for Amare is evident. You will really see it Thursday and Friday.

    This team needs another consistent scorer. And more size. There was a stretch were they needed offense and had Melo playing 5. And that's been a lineup that we've seen multiple times in different games this year. You're a better team if you need offense and you can plug Amare at that spot with Melo at the 4. If you look at Chandler in some games this season, Amare could play major minutes at the 5.

    Not to mention, this entire offense revolves around Melo in the post and being the main offense in the paint and on nights like tonight when the 3s were inconsistent...Amare would've been huge. Amare is another guy that demands extra attention, and that's going to help Melo.

    Not to mention, that since the entire revolves around Melo's ability to draw attention inside...he's playing too many minutes IMO. when you consider there are games he's played even 37 minutes in games that were blowouts. 37 should be his number in a close game like this. I think ideally he could play 34-35 this year.

    Sure Sure I know JR has looked like the model second option off the bench this year. But his shot selection even still looks like he's channeling his inner Kobe Bryant. He's a jumpshooter, even when he drives he takes tough short range jumpers. In a tough series, you don't want that to be your 2nd reliable scorer. Whether Amare has developed a reliable post game or not, or whether he can consistently draw doubles in isolation situations. You know you can give him the ball and 50% of the time you'll get a basket without the pick and roll. With it, he's even better.

    With Amare you have everything you need offensively, and this roster really rounds into shape. And puts more effective lineups on the court when they go big with a more traditional lineup, or go small with him at Center. You can sorta see the type of lineups Woodson wants to play, and I think Amare fits right in. I don't know if he starts or plays more than 25 or so minutes, but his role is there.

    Unless Camby just becomes a big time force, I couldn't tell you anything that you could trade for that this team needs more than a guy like Amare. The offense doesn't need another guard offensively, it needs scoring in the paint, a big that can stretch the floor, and they need more rebounding and size when they want to put an offensive lineup on the floor.
    Last edited by Busta; 11-14-2012 at 02:28 AM.

  3. #18
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    7,915
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Busta View Post
    I'll admit that after the first few games I didn't know if they needed Amare so much or not. But after watching 5 games now, the need for Amare is evident. You will really see it Thursday and Friday.

    This team needs another consistent scorer. And more size. There was a stretch were they needed offense and had Melo playing 5. And that's been a lineup that we've seen multiple times in different games this year. You're a better team if you need offense and you can plug Amare at that spot with Melo at the 4. If you look at Chandler in some games this season, Amare could play major minutes at the 5.

    Not to mention, this entire offense revolves around Melo in the post and being the main offense in the paint and on nights like tonight when the 3s were inconsistent...Amare would've been huge. Amare is another guy that demands extra attention, and that's going to help Melo.

    Not to mention, that since the entire revolves around Melo's ability to draw attention inside...he's playing too many minutes IMO. when you consider there are games he's played even 37 minutes in games that were blowouts. 37 should be his number in a close game like this. I think ideally he could play 34-35 this year.

    Sure Sure I know JR has looked like the model second option off the bench this year. But his shot selection even still looks like he's channeling his inner Kobe Bryant. He's a jumpshooter, even when he drives he takes tough short range jumpers. In a tough series, you don't want that to be your 2nd reliable scorer. Whether Amare has developed a reliable post game or not, or whether he can consistently draw doubles in isolation situations. You know you can give him the ball and 50% of the time you'll get a basket without the pick and roll. With it, he's even better.

    With Amare you have everything you need offensively, and this roster really rounds into shape. And puts more effective lineups on the court when they go big with a more traditional lineup, or go small with him at Center. You can sorta see the type of lineups Woodson wants to play, and I think Amare fits right in. I don't know if he starts or plays more than 25 or so minutes, but his role is there.

    Unless Camby just becomes a big time force, I couldn't tell you anything that you could trade for that this team needs more than a guy like Amare. The offense doesn't need another guard offensively, it needs scoring in the paint, a big that can stretch the floor, and they need more rebounding and size when they want to put an offensive lineup on the floor.
    Totally agree Busta! We could win without him in the regular season but if we want to truly contend we are going to need a dominant Amare. More so in the post season. JR has played great for us in the regular season but we need the proven playoff vets like Tyson, Amare, Kidd when the big games come along. Amare has had more playoff success than Melo... Thats some food for thought.

    P.S. Not saying Amare is better than Melo.



    Offense wins games. DEFENSE wins Championships!

  4. #19
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    197
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Busta View Post
    I'll admit that after the first few games I didn't know if they needed Amare so much or not. But after watching 5 games now, the need for Amare is evident. You will really see it Thursday and Friday.

    This team needs another consistent scorer. And more size. There was a stretch were they needed offense and had Melo playing 5. And that's been a lineup that we've seen multiple times in different games this year. You're a better team if you need offense and you can plug Amare at that spot with Melo at the 4. If you look at Chandler in some games this season, Amare could play major minutes at the 5.

    Not to mention, this entire offense revolves around Melo in the post and being the main offense in the paint and on nights like tonight when the 3s were inconsistent...Amare would've been huge. Amare is another guy that demands extra attention, and that's going to help Melo.

    Not to mention, that since the entire revolves around Melo's ability to draw attention inside...he's playing too many minutes IMO. when you consider there are games he's played even 37 minutes in games that were blowouts. 37 should be his number in a close game like this. I think ideally he could play 34-35 this year.

    Sure Sure I know JR has looked like the model second option off the bench this year. But his shot selection even still looks like he's channeling his inner Kobe Bryant. He's a jumpshooter, even when he drives he takes tough short range jumpers. In a tough series, you don't want that to be your 2nd reliable scorer. Whether Amare has developed a reliable post game or not, or whether he can consistently draw doubles in isolation situations. You know you can give him the ball and 50% of the time you'll get a basket without the pick and roll. With it, he's even better.

    With Amare you have everything you need offensively, and this roster really rounds into shape. And puts more effective lineups on the court when they go big with a more traditional lineup, or go small with him at Center. You can sorta see the type of lineups Woodson wants to play, and I think Amare fits right in. I don't know if he starts or plays more than 25 or so minutes, but his role is there.

    Unless Camby just becomes a big time force, I couldn't tell you anything that you could trade for that this team needs more than a guy like Amare. The offense doesn't need another guard offensively, it needs scoring in the paint, a big that can stretch the floor, and they need more rebounding and size when they want to put an offensive lineup on the floor.

    Well said! We are a better team with Amare.

  5. #20
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    15,541
    vCash
    1500
    If we give Amar'e lots of playing time with the 2's, then we will draw double teams throughout the game. Sounds good to me.
    Sandy Alderson says Mets' 2014 payroll will be more than $87 million
    (11/19/2013)

    Quote Originally Posted by Sandy Alderson
    Payroll is $85 million this year. It was $85 million last year.
    (05/27/14)

    Quote Originally Posted by Sandy Alderson
    I don't think we're that far away.
    (6 games under .500 before June. Not that far away from what?)

  6. #21
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    2,388
    vCash
    1500
    Don't really see how you guys are complaining about offense when we are #2 in the league. Here's a little something I'd like to ask you... Would you guys preferred we'd be playing like Miami and be 24th in the league for points allowed? But as far as when Amare comes back, we'll be fine. Our defensive system is in place, notice how were able to play Rasheed and Novak and still be number one in points allowed. And as far as Shump is concerned, he'll get minutes from Kid and Brewer.

  7. #22
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Cinci... Jersey Raised
    Posts
    2,704
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Quietmoney View Post
    Don't really see how you guys are complaining about offense when we are #2 in the league. Here's a little something I'd like to ask you... Would you guys preferred we'd be playing like Miami and be 24th in the league for points allowed? But as far as when Amare comes back, we'll be fine. Our defensive system is in place, notice how were able to play Rasheed and Novak and still be number one in points allowed. And as far as Shump is concerned, he'll get minutes from Kid and Brewer.
    Exactly, the defensive system and strong team defense can make bad defenders look good. Amare is athletic enough but as he said was never taught d because he played for D'Antoni. He will be fine as long as he can stay healthy, which is not very likely. I'm excited for Amare to be back. People may think that is crazy but he is still a good player and I think he will fit in much better on O and D now that we are not running D'Antoni's systems where there is no system on D and the 4 man is useless on O unless they can shoot the 3.

  8. #23
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic
    Posts
    4,068
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by NYY 26 to 7 View Post
    Amare will have huge opening for minutes. None of our bigs are as good as amare and I think with these rotations we can really use amare. He is underrated around this forum now. He had no role in dantoni's offense once chandler came on board - which I think will happen to Pau gasol as well. Shump is better than brewer but I think prigoni's mins should be the one to decline - he has not looked great and I don't see us sticking with the 2 pg rotation once amare is back. We will use our size.
    As much as I liked prigs, Kurt, and to an extent sheed...that's where the bulk of the minutes will come from.

    Shumpert will take minutes away from Kidd, brewer, and prigs.

    Amare will take minutes from Kurt , Sheed, camby, and Novak.


    But I also see Woodson LOWERING players minutes as the season goes so no one is worn out. Remember, old group here.

    Camby will get minutes but will lose some later on to Kurt or sheed so to have camby a full force for the playoffs.

    Kidd will get minutes reduced and they'll go to Shumpert and brewer, so Kidd would be at full force for the playoffs.

    Ewing dunk past Mourning
    GIFSoup
    DANTONI IS:
    -HORRIBLE out of timeouts
    -HORRIBLE D
    -Too many 3's
    -PF is pushed to the 3 point line
    -Doesn't play BIGS
    -Dog Houses players
    -HORRIBLE management of players and motivation

    [QUOTE=Knick4Knack;22330620]
    Go out on your front lawn, take a dump and see how long your neighbors will talk about that little slice of life. That's what Mike D did to this franchise./QUOTE]

  9. #24
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    16,702
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by AddiX View Post
    Shump will Find minutes easy because he, brewer and kidd are all versatile on who they can defend.

    Amare on the other hand will be lucky to find 25 minutes IMO. He has no place on the team, I just don't see a lineup where his talents exceed and his weaknesses don't get exposed.

    Playing center w sheed or Thomas at the 4 is probably amares only shot.
    Completely disagree, thats basically saying a player won't play if he plays poor defense?

    Amare is GREAT at the 5, that right there should get him 15-20mpg backing up Chandler. Then he can backup Melo at the 4 for another 10-15mpg. And at times we'll see all 3 on the court at the same time.

    Most scoring PF's in this league are poor defenders, that doesn't mean they don't have value. We need to score, JR isn't going to keep shooting 72% from 3 all year... we need scorers.

  10. #25
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    4,582
    vCash
    1500
    Amare will get his minutes and Shump better be working on his jumper because Kidd and Smith are not just going to give minutes away. Even Brewer has being shooting very well, very deep team and i expect Woodson to try and keep everyone fresh.
    Knicks and 49ers!

  11. #26
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    1,620
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Jint. View Post
    Chandler-Camby
    Melo-Amare
    Brewer-Novak
    Shump-JR
    Felton-Kidd

    10 man rotation
    This is the correct answer. Priggie Smalls will hit the bench and so will sheed. They'll only play if there is foul trouble/injuries. Brewer will continue to get minutes either way.

  12. #27
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Syracuse, NY
    Posts
    26,005
    vCash
    1461
    Priggs and Sheed.

  13. #28
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    1,611
    vCash
    1500
    I don't agree with the statement that Knicks need another consistent (STAT) scorer with Melo. The team is so deep that we will always have someone who will be able to score. Novak, JR, Felton are all capable of going for 20+ on any given night.

    Don't get me wrong, it would be great to have STAT back especially if he plays defense but right now Knicks have plenty of ways to pick up the slack.

  14. #29
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    3,666
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by yankstheknicks View Post
    Wallace...prigioni..brewer... Next question......
    AS MJ WOULD SAY " IS THIS SIGNATURE IN VIOLATION NOW..."

    "Isiah's about as safe as me in a room full of cookies, If I'm in a room full of cookies the cookies ain't got no chance." --- Sir Charles

  15. #30
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    16,702
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by He115ing View Post
    I don't agree with the statement that Knicks need another consistent (STAT) scorer with Melo. The team is so deep that we will always have someone who will be able to score. Novak, JR, Felton are all capable of going for 20+ on any given night.

    Don't get me wrong, it would be great to have STAT back especially if he plays defense but right now Knicks have plenty of ways to pick up the slack.
    Agreed, but come playoff time things tighten up, as we saw with Novak & JR last year.

    Amare is a proven efficient playoff scorer. Even last year for us he averaged 16ppg on just 9 shot attempts per game in the playoffs, there is NO ONE on our roster that can consistently do that, yes, not even Melo. Melo needs 12-14 shots to get to 16 points.

    We can get away with it during the season, but ask CHI if you can beat MIA with just one scorer while they throw THREE scorers at you and now a 4th in Allen. And CHI had Deng BTW who is a better second option than anyone we have outside of Amare.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •