Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

NFC West playing tricks on us

Ok this is probably the most random question you will see today.

Why did the NFC West, specifically the Cardinals and Seahawks, screw with the NFL scheduling?

The NFL schedule rotates every year right? And a team you play on the road, the next time you play that division, youll play that team at home right?

So how come the Jets had to go to SEA again? They went in 2008 and now in 2012. The same with every other AFC East team.

I noticed it with the Cowboys too since they are my team. When the NFC East played the NFC West in 2008, the Cowboys went to STL and ARZ and played SF and SEA at home. Then last season when the NFC East played the NFC West again, the Cowboys went to ARZ again and played SEA at home.

It really is pointless but its just the **** that keeps me up at night.
    Im sure whenever your favorite teams played the NFC West, it happened also.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by notoriousbig21 View Post

Why did the NFC West, specifically the Cardinals and Seahawks, screw with the NFL scheduling?

The NFL schedule rotates every year right? And a team you play on the road, the next time you play that division, youll play that team at home right?

So how come the Jets had to go to SEA again? They went in 2008 and now in 2012. The same with every other AFC East team.

I noticed it with the Cowboys too since they are my team. When the NFC East played the NFC West in 2008, the Cowboys went to STL and ARZ and played SF and SEA at home. Then last season when the NFC East played the NFC West again, the Cowboys went to ARZ again and played SEA at home.

Life. You need one.

vCash
    Dallas played at green bay like 2-3 years in a row. I believe its just random to be honest.

vCash
    haha I know. I was kidding about keeping me up at night but I just remember me saying to myself last year "why do we have to go to ARZ again and play SEA at home again?" and then watching the Jet game Sunday I made the connection that the Jets played there in 2008 too.

vCash
    Saints played at Chicago like three times in a row before the Bears came to the Dome last year. Its everyone, not just the West + Dallas

Cameron Jordan is awesome

12.5 sacks and this http://instagram.com/p/jfs5DemKo3/

vCash
    haha I know. I was kidding about keeping me up at night but I just remember me saying to myself last year "why do we have to go to ARZ again and play SEA at home again?" and then watching the Jet game Sunday I made the connection that the Jets played there in 2008 too.
    The explanation is that the NFL wants to make the NFC West feel better because they all sucked for so many years.

vCash
    Yea but the GB DAL, CHI NO examples dont really compare because Im talking about the rotation getting messed up.

For example, your Saints played @DEN, vs KC, vs SD, @OAK this year, in 4 years when they play the AFC West again, theyll play vs DEN vs OAK @ KC @ SD.

The nfc west situation is different because SEA has played the same team home for 2 cycles.

Its a dumb thread but I wanted to know if anyone else noticed it.

vCash
    West Coast teams have to travel all the way to the East and play early in the morning at least the East Coast teams get to play late games.

vCash
    This kind of thing happens all the time... like the 49ers have played in Green Bay the last 3 times (4 out 5 actually) in 2012, 2010, 2009, 2003. With the only game in that span being in SF during the 2006 season.

It is kinda dumb... I agree. But it happens all the time throughout the league (has to do with balancing of the schedules)
    49ers, Athletics, Warriors = Life!

49ers = 12-4
    Warriors = 51-31 Making it rain!
    A's = 59-36 Back to Back AL West Champs!
    WINNING!

vCash
    sounds like a win for the jets to me. playing those 2 on the road means you have you get the 49ers at home. its not like they wouldnt tod that traveling anyway, since if they had arizona and seattle at home they;d still have to go to san fan and st. louis
    30 Team Stadium Checklist: 10 to go

1) Yankees 2) Orioles 3) Rays 4) Red Sox 5) Mets 6) Braves 7) Phillies 8) Nationals 9) Marlins 10) Pirates 11) Padres 12) Astros 13) Mariners 14) Twins 15) Cubs 16) White Sox 17) Cardinals 18) Indians 19) Tigers 20) Royals

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bosox3431 View Post
    Dallas played at green bay like 2-3 years in a row. I believe its just random to be honest.
    Schedule works like this...

Division 2 times each (6 games)

One division in your conference, alternates each year (4 games)

One division in other conference, alternates each year (4 games)

Whatever position you finished in last years season in your division, the other two teams who finished in the same position in their division in your conference, only 2 because you're already playing one whole division from your conference (2 games)

So the Cowboys probably played against the Packers 2-3 years in a row because they finished in the same place in their division and are in the same conference. Maybe one year they didn't finish in the same place, but that could have been the year they payed each other's division.

As for home/away, I'm not sure how it works. It would make sense to alternate each time.

vCash
    Here's my guess on why the the home/road thing is random. 14 of your games are set years in advance. 2 of them are placement games. In theory, you should play one placement game at home and one on the road. However, you have to make sure it fits into the schedule, and since the placement games happen on such a weird axis it's impossible to fit in alternating home/road splits. Think about it, you play a given team in your conference one out three years, a given team in the other conference one out of four years, and then you have your two placement games that the league can't predict ahead of time. There'd be absolutely no way to make sure each team had 8 home and 8 road games per year while also fitting in the alternating home/road split considering the differing amount of time between games played between two teams. Therefore, I think the league does it randomly to make sure they can fit in all of the games and just assumes that it will eventually even out.
    We're better than you
    And we know it

vCash
    god hates the jets. simple answer
    30 Team Stadium Checklist: 10 to go

1) Yankees 2) Orioles 3) Rays 4) Red Sox 5) Mets 6) Braves 7) Phillies 8) Nationals 9) Marlins 10) Pirates 11) Padres 12) Astros 13) Mariners 14) Twins 15) Cubs 16) White Sox 17) Cardinals 18) Indians 19) Tigers 20) Royals

vCash

Ummm... Each of the last three times the Bears and Hawks have played, it has been in Chicago. Granted, one of those was a playoff game, but my point still stands. Every team has to deal with scheduling patterns like the one you describe.

"King Felix has hurled more mega quality starts since 2010 than 14 entire MLB teams."
    http://dynamik-farr.deviantart.com/

vCash

The Niners have played at Green Bay a bunch of times in a row, including this season. Idknwhy, I heard it had to do with the start time of the game.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast