Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Yankees 1903 View Post
    I hope you realize that a great deal of the baseball season is played in the summer and Toronto has nice summers and not snow. Also despite being crappy the Rogers Centre has a retractable roof so he won't even feel the cold on gameday if there is any early/late in the season.

Also Toronto in the summer > many other places I have been.
    Dunn for Summers in Toronto???

And so, a new era begins.....

vCash
    I'm gonna open myself up to the anual offseason bashing that routinely follows one of my rather colorful posts but I'm going to say this anyways.

I understand Hal wants a salary dump by 2014. However, we couldve headed some of these issues off by dumping the piece of **** postseason ***** formerly known as Robinson Cano and gone a long way towards a deal w Miami. Seeing as they are apparently desperate to dump salary I wouldve at least inquired seriously about Bonifacio and JJ. Granted, both are injury prone to the nines but their upside is absolutely tremendous and theyre going to come cheaper than Cano next year.

I dont think its insane to dump Andy's, Swisher's, and Cano's payroll to make this move even though Swisher is scheduled to expire anyway financially its not out of the realm of Hal's reality. To me the sticking point is Reyes and I would hope that Cashman couldve either 1) gotten him excluded from the deal or B) worked out a 3rd party trade for younger and cheaper talent on a team that may not have the resources to maneuver a complete epic deal w Miami.

I fully comprehend that offense and not pitching was our bane this year but you can never have enough arms and Bonifacio is a tremendous speedy presence on the bags.

Maybe Im just depressed that we're going into Bronx Bombers Lite Mode under Hal's stewardship but I gotta hope we get something done this year especially now that Hunter is off the market.

vCash
    Its a good gamble for the Jays I say but it is still a bit risky. Reyes is a borderline superstar when right but he has major durability issues and will he stay healthy playing half of his games on turf? Josh Johnson is a FA (I believe) after this upcoming year and will he be one and done in Toronto? Buehrle is overpaid for what he is now and that is a back end starter in the AL East. Still, I think he would stabilize their rotation and provide innings which is valuable in itself. Bonifacio is a nice player (nothing more) and Buck sucks and is overpaid.
    Yankees - Jets - Rockets

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sauronthepower View Post
    Dunn for Summers in Toronto???
    Your posts are just a little creepy. Get over it already.

Masahiro Tanaka

11-1| 99.2 IP| 10.20 K/9| 1.44 BB/9| 0.90 HR/9| 1.99 ERA| 2.70 FIP| 2.32 xFIP| 2.9 fWAR

vCash
    I'm gonna open myself up to the anual offseason bashing that routinely follows one of my rather colorful posts but I'm going to say this anyways.

I understand Hal wants a salary dump by 2014. However, we couldve headed some of these issues off by dumping the piece of **** postseason ***** formerly known as Robinson Cano and gone a long way towards a deal w Miami. Seeing as they are apparently desperate to dump salary I wouldve at least inquired seriously about Bonifacio and JJ. Granted, both are injury prone to the nines but their upside is absolutely tremendous and theyre going to come cheaper than Cano next year.

I dont think its insane to dump Andy's, Swisher's, and Cano's payroll to make this move even though Swisher is scheduled to expire anyway financially its not out of the realm of Hal's reality. To me the sticking point is Reyes and I would hope that Cashman couldve either 1) gotten him excluded from the deal or B) worked out a 3rd party trade for younger and cheaper talent on a team that may not have the resources to maneuver a complete epic deal w Miami.

I fully comprehend that offense and not pitching was our bane this year but you can never have enough arms and Bonifacio is a tremendous speedy presence on the bags.

Maybe Im just depressed that we're going into Bronx Bombers Lite Mode under Hal's stewardship but I gotta hope we get something done this year especially now that Hunter is off the market.
    You really think the team is better with Johnson and Bonifacio over Pettitte, Swisher and Cano? I think thats crazy.

vCash

There was no way Bud would have allowed The Marlins to dump salary on the Yanks....he has been trying to break them up since 2001...
    Nick

vCash
    I'm surprised Bud hasn't vetoed this trade.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JobaRules26 View Post
    I'm surprised Bud hasn't vetoed this trade.
    No reason...he wants to knock the Yanks out....He started sharing the wealth in 2002 and now is going to penalize teams for going over $189 million.....this was all directed at the Yankees.
    Last edited by rrzubnyy; 11-14-2012 at 06:22 PM.
    Nick

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rrzubnyy View Post
    No reason...he wants to knock the Yanks out....
    Well he's adding insult to injury by not doing so. Forget the team, that city and the tax payers were just raped.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rrzubnyy View Post
    No reason...he wants to knock the Yanks out....
    Well he's adding insult to injury by not doing so. Forget the team, that city, marlins fans and the tax payers were just raped.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by nybigjg View Post
    Miami is a much more luxurious place to play than Toronto. But honestly, Reyes should have never left the greatest city in the country for Miami.
    He should have had the mindset Pujols had. Pretty stupid to sign with the Marlins without a no trade clause. Smart move by Alby.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TallicaFan87 View Post
    You really think the team is better with Johnson and Bonifacio over Pettitte, Swisher and Cano? I think thats crazy.
    In my very humble opinion Pettittes on his way out anyway some might as well exclude him from this conversation.

For that matter, Swishers all but gone as well as his asking price is sure to be WELL beyond what Hal wants to pony up going forward.

That leaves the petulant little girl named Robinson Cano and after his rusty tampon performance this October, I am absolutely more than willing to buy his plane ticket personally out of this city. It's not just that he sucked in the clutch, rather it's that he apparently could give a shiite either way.

Dumping Cano while he still has an affordable market value and adding those two players to me would've been a far far better thinking out of the box maneuver than signing Michael Pineda for our number one offensive prospect in a decade IMHO.

vCash
    [/SIZE]
    Quote Originally Posted by Yankees 1903 View Post
    Your posts are just a little creepy. Get over it already.
    WOW.

REALLY?

BAD DAY AT WORK??????

It's just a little self-flagellating humor in good fun.

Honestly.........I figured you'd be the last guy around here to develop a grump streak.

vCash
    30 Team Stadium Checklist: 10 to go

1) Yankees 2) Orioles 3) Rays 4) Red Sox 5) Mets 6) Braves 7) Phillies 8) Nationals 9) Marlins 10) Pirates 11) Padres 12) Astros 13) Mariners 14) Twins 15) Cubs 16) White Sox 17) Cardinals 18) Indians 19) Tigers 20) Royals

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Pinstripe power View Post

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast