Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HowFit View Post
    Why trade him now when he's under control til 2017????
    Because he's for sure gonna walk out of that mess in 2017! The Marlins can demand high, and get their asking price now. They could actually wipe out somebodys entire farm team and lock down a few good prospects for years by dealing Stanton. Would I do it.......Hell No, but can it happen, of course!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Scully in 2012 View Post
    To Dodgers for Z. Lee, dee Gordon and cash considerations...because they are broke and we are not.
    The Dodgers literally do not have enough talent in their entire system to get Stanton IMO. Zach Lee tailed off a bit and Gordon looks like a 2nd baseman now and his bat plays poorly there. Joc Peterson looks solid and i like Reed, but still i dont think that would be enough. Maybe if they ate Nolasco's deal it could be, but i bet the Marlins get better offers from several teams.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Nomar View Post
    The Dodgers literally do not have enough talent in their entire system to get Stanton IMO. Zach Lee tailed off a bit and Gordon looks like a 2nd baseman now and his bat plays poorly there. Joc Peterson looks solid and i like Reed, but still i dont think that would be enough. Maybe if they ate Nolasco's deal it could be, but i bet the Marlins get better offers from several teams.
    This.

Barry Lamar Bonds. .393/.967/1.054....on 3-0 counts.

lol, Please' top 10 p4p: Mayweather/Marquez/Pacquiao/Bradley/Cotto/Wlad/Rigondeaux/Froch/Canelo/Maidana

Boxing Fan? Come Discuss Boxing!

vCash
    they are not trading stanton. period. he is under team control for 5 years. enough. there is a reason why they have said he is the only one NOT available.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by marlinschamps View Post
    whitesoxfan83
    Buy Physical Silver!

Would you trade him for 100million dollars?

Serious question. The BoSox paid 51million to talk to Dice K.

What if someone just offered them a 100million dollar check? Surely the Marlins would do it?

no i like the marlins to keep him. i would not talk no less 145 million. cause 51 million to talk to a player. an the marlins are force to spend 73.5million a year then add 14.5 million of that 145 milllion four ten years which = out to 88 million a year.
    Selig would actually have to step in and disallow that.

Back in the 70's the A's owner tried to sell his best players for cash and it was stopped before it even got to stage 2. It's still joked about today how rediculous that idea was.

vCash
    Yeah, trades for cash aren't really allowed fwiw

vCash
    If the Marlins even considered entertaining the idea of trade Stanton, first of all there would be few teams that could even get them to listen.

Maybe the Mariners would be willing to part with Jesus Montero, Walker/Hultzen, and one of their young relievers? They have Jaso who played decent last year and could hold down the catcher spot until Zunino is ready.

The Rangers would be another option. I think the Marlins would have to demand Profar, Perez, Scheppers.

Maybe the Pirates would be willing to part with Cole/Taillon, Marte, Tabata?

Im not too sure there are many fits out there. And any team that wanted Stanton would surely have to overpay for him, right?

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678