Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 75 of 112
  1. #61
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    144
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by yankees90. View Post
    It would probably take both of these guys, and some. IF the Marlins traded Stanton, you better believe they are getting a HUGE haul. My guess would be 2 MLB ready players and 2 can't miss prospects, 1 Mid-level prospect and cash also going to Miami.
    there is no way that the rangers give both of those guys, maybe if they would make a offer, they would put Mike Olt in it

  2. #62
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    North Sentinel Island
    Posts
    5,144
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by jerryred View Post
    there is no way that the rangers give both of those guys, maybe if they would make a offer, they would put Mike Olt in it
    Don't get me wrong, not necessarily saying the Rangers SHOULD do it if the opportunity presented itself, but put yourself in the Marlins shoes on this one...

    You got a a young, cost-controlled player until 2017, who is arguably the most powerful hitter, and maybe best RF'er in the game right now, with a CANNON of an arm. He would immediately be someone's 3 or 4 in the lineup. I mean, all those things add up to someones team/farm getting cleaned up a little
    FC Bayern Munchen

    New York Yankees



  3. #63
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    North Sentinel Island
    Posts
    5,144
    vCash
    1500
    Even if this was to happen, and lets just say he goes to the Yanks, it would probably take....

    Mason Williams (Top OF prospect, #4 spect in our system)
    Austin Romine ( Second best catcher in our system. #11 in our system)
    David Phelps (SP, would hate to lose him. 7th best spect before start of season)
    Adam Warren (SP. 10th best spect.)
    Chamberlain (RP. Our 7th inning man)

    If not Chamberlain, I could see one of Nova/Hughes getting sent over instead.

    As much as I would love to have Stanton, and I probably would do this trade, that is still a lot to give up. Chances are none of us will have to worry about this though.
    Last edited by Yankees90.; 11-14-2012 at 04:45 AM.
    FC Bayern Munchen

    New York Yankees



  4. #64
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    22,153
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by yankees90. View Post
    Even if this was to happen, and lets just say he goes to the Yanks, it would probably take....

    Mason Williams (Top OF prospect, #4 spect in our system)
    Austin Romine ( Second best catcher in our system. #11 in our system)
    David Phelps (SP, would hate to lose him. 7th best spect before start of season)
    Adam Warren (SP. 10th best spect.)
    Chamberlain (RP. Our 7th inning man)

    If not Chamberlain, I could see one of Nova/Hughes getting sent over instead.

    As much as I would love to have Stanton, and I probably would do this trade, that is still a lot to give up. Chances are none of us will have to worry about this though.
    It would probably take much more than that.

    Any deal would start with Williams, Tyler Austin, and Gary Sanchez.

    Stanton is only 23, under control till 2017, and is making 480k next year. He hit 37 homers in a 123 games last year and is arguably the most powerful hitter in the NL (if not the Majors)

    He hasn't hit his prime yet either which is incredibly scary.

    It would take an incredible haul to get Stanton.
    Last edited by metswon69; 11-14-2012 at 04:53 AM.

  5. #65
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    East of the Sun, West of the Moon
    Posts
    16,743
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by yankees90. View Post
    Even if this was to happen, and lets just say he goes to the Yanks, it would probably take....

    Mason Williams (Top OF prospect, #4 spect in our system)
    Austin Romine ( Second best catcher in our system. #11 in our system)
    David Phelps (SP, would hate to lose him. 7th best spect before start of season)
    Adam Warren (SP. 10th best spect.)
    Chamberlain (RP. Our 7th inning man)

    If not Chamberlain, I could see one of Nova/Hughes getting sent over instead.

    As much as I would love to have Stanton, and I probably would do this trade, that is still a lot to give up. Chances are none of us will have to worry about this though.
    Other teams would certainly offer better deals. You're trying to panhandle quantity instead of quality. The Yankees' farm system is not stocked. Your #10 prospect would be much lower in other systems and Mason Williams is too far away to be the centerpiece.
    Last edited by Dugmet; 11-14-2012 at 04:54 AM.
    John Maeda@johnmaeda

    Knowing the overall *shape* of an idea, argument, situation requires as many facts, models, opinions as you can take/make to see a whole.

  6. #66
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    In the gym
    Posts
    2,343
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by momoneyyyy View Post
    For posey??
    Lol

  7. #67
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    30,143
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by yankees90. View Post
    Don't get me wrong, not necessarily saying the Rangers SHOULD do it if the opportunity presented itself, but put yourself in the Marlins shoes on this one...

    You got a a young, cost-controlled player until 2017, who is arguably the most powerful hitter, and maybe best RF'er in the game right now, with a CANNON of an arm. He would immediately be someone's 3 or 4 in the lineup. I mean, all those things add up to someones team/farm getting cleaned up a little
    This is true however, after seeing his tweet tonight, who knows how much longer the guy wants to be there. The Marlins just don't suck like other small markets, they purposely suck. No player in baseball wants to play there.

  8. #68
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    san josYAY
    Posts
    11,722
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by kyubi256 View Post
    Giancarlo has no right to demand a trade so he can't really force anything. He gets paid nothing so it isn't worth it anyways. Marlins will hold onto him till he is eligible to leave. Which is like 4 years down the line. Then they will deal him
    Quote Originally Posted by armchairgm View Post
    That is an interesting idea. 100 is crazy but how about 50 million???????
    Quote Originally Posted by Daaaarryyl View Post
    They'd deal Stanton for 4 blue chip prospects with high ceilings that are major league ready.

    I don't think any team even has that...
    Honestly this is the only thing that will happen. I think the rangers have enough, to get him though. in terms of high ceiling impact near major league ready players.

  9. #69
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    52,937
    vCash
    1500
    cant blame him for being angry, but he's not going anywhere. he's cheap and under control for a while
    30 Team Stadium Checklist: 10 to go

    1) Yankees 2) Orioles 3) Rays 4) Red Sox 5) Mets 6) Braves 7) Phillies 8) Nationals 9) Marlins 10) Pirates 11) Padres 12) Astros 13) Mariners 14) Twins 15) Cubs 16) White Sox 17) Cardinals 18) Indians 19) Tigers 20) Royals

  10. #70
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    In the gym
    Posts
    2,343
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Pinstripe power View Post
    cant blame him for being angry, but he's not going anywhere. he's cheap and under control for a while
    I agree unless someone decide to blow them away with an offer. That would pretty much destroy one team's farm...

  11. #71
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    san josYAY
    Posts
    11,722
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by HowFit View Post
    I agree unless someone decide to blow them away with an offer. That would pretty much destroy one team's farm...
    i would say he is worth it, you will have him for 4 years minimum and get draft picks back if he leaves(assuming he doesn't totally decline), after 4 years you could rebuild your system back to what it was.

  12. #72
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    52,937
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by HowFit View Post
    I agree unless someone decide to blow them away with an offer. That would pretty much destroy one team's farm...
    i dont see how anyone could ahve the talent to do it. they have stanton for at least 4 more year cheap,a nd he's already a monster. i wiuldnt trade him at all, although i also would fire sale the team eveyr 6 years..............
    30 Team Stadium Checklist: 10 to go

    1) Yankees 2) Orioles 3) Rays 4) Red Sox 5) Mets 6) Braves 7) Phillies 8) Nationals 9) Marlins 10) Pirates 11) Padres 12) Astros 13) Mariners 14) Twins 15) Cubs 16) White Sox 17) Cardinals 18) Indians 19) Tigers 20) Royals

  13. #73
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    10,098
    vCash
    1500
    why would the Marlins have any interest at all in trading Stanton? because Stanton was upset?
    get over it Stanton, you're not going anywhere.
    what can Stanton do about it? not play? play but don't play hard and have your numbers take a hit negatively? costing you money in the future. no.

    I can understand Stanton being pissed off. he knows his team sucks and wont be winning much anytime soon. but he has no control.

    I'm sure Stanton could be had for the right price. ANY player could be had for the right price. but that price on Stanton right now should be incredibly high.

  14. #74
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    23,438
    vCash
    1500
    Not happening, why is this thread still open?

    I'm going to go make a thread about the Brewers trading Braun, thats how stupid this is.

  15. #75
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    North Sentinel Island
    Posts
    5,144
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    It would probably take much more than that.

    Any deal would start with Williams, Tyler Austin, and Gary Sanchez.

    Stanton is only 23, under control till 2017, and is making 480k next year. He hit 37 homers in a 123 games last year and is arguably the most powerful hitter in the NL (if not the Majors)

    He hasn't hit his prime yet either which is incredibly scary.

    It would take an incredible haul to get Stanton.
    If it meant having to give up all three, I'd say hell no. Sanchez is projected to be our future Catcher, Williams our future Of'er, and right now its a toss-up between Bichette Jr. and Austin to be our future third baseman. I like Austin more though. Granted anything can happen with prospects, and the chances off all of them panning out is VERY slim. Not to mention it would take at least 2 more players. It's known that someones farm would have to get pretty gutted out, but to give up your top spects at OF, C, and 3B (2nd best spect actually) on top of 1 or 2 more top 10 spects would be a little much. Like i said, highly doubt he gets traded, but fun to think about it.

    Quote Originally Posted by Halladay View Post
    This is true however, after seeing his tweet tonight, who knows how much longer the guy wants to be there. The Marlins just don't suck like other small markets, they purposely suck. No player in baseball wants to play there.
    I never understood taking your anger out on a social networking sight. Almost as annoying as the girls who b&&ch about breaking up with there "love" every damn week lol.

    But I can't blame him. When your team just shipped out Reyes, Buehrle. and Johnson in one shot, that doesn't leave you with a smile on your face. I'm sure the Marlins would love to build around him, but I would trade him in all fairness to Stanton. Like you said, it's almost as if they purposely want to suck.
    FC Bayern Munchen

    New York Yankees



Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •