Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    vCash
    Very unlikely we could ever get Stanton, they would ask for 4 or 5 top prospects, but one can dream.

vCash
    I want Morrison. He can get on base when healthy and I know he hates the Marlins

The Cult of Gattis

vCash
    Good god, the Marlins will probably have the worst attendance of all time next year. If they hadn't just built a new stadium they'd be on their way out of town.

vCash
    Wow

vCash
    Poor marlins fans. My next door neighbor whos been a life long marlins fan just switched to being a rays fan. Can't say I blame him, third fire sale is the charm?

FEAR EL OSO BLANCO

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CaseyRyback View Post
    Very unlikely we could ever get Stanton, they would ask for 4 or 5 top prospects, but one can dream.
    besides escobar and mathis , 4 or 5 prospects got a number 1 and 2 starting pitcher and a all star SS and a decent startiing catcher for the blue jays...lol

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mickmurph37 View Post
    besides escobar and mathis , 4 or 5 prospects got a number 1 and 2 starting pitcher and a all star SS and a decent startiing catcher for the blue jays...lol
    Yeah, that shows how valueable Stanton would be. Also the Jays are going to be spending a ton of money it was a massive salary dump for the Marlins.

If I were a Marlins fan, I think I would give up too.

vCash
    Did someone earlier suggest trading Heyward for Stanton? No, just no.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by iamaj View Post
    Did someone earlier suggest trading Heyward for Stanton? No, just no.
    why not?...that trade will never happen, i was joking around, but if i could have one player of those two, i'd take Stanton.

vCash
    Heyward has a better glove and hasn't come close to peaking as a hitter. He also strikes out much less.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by iamaj View Post
    Heyward has a better glove and hasn't come close to peaking as a hitter. He also strikes out much less.
    Heyward has a better glove yes, but Stanton is a top 5 RF defensively, he has been a much better hitter than Heyward, he will be a 50 homeruns hitter at one point of his career, heck he would have been close this year (at age 22) if he didn't lose time with a knee injury. I love Heyward but he needs to make some strides at the plate to catch Stanton. At this point Stanton has the edge over Heyward, i'm not saying that could't change because anything can happen but right now give me Stanton.
    Last edited by beldugo; 11-14-2012 at 12:37 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NBA_Starter View Post
    Wow
    What I said...

vCash
    Trade prospects for Stanton and sign Hamilton. Sign Piere and resign Reed for our bench...

You know I'm just dreaming, right?

vCash
    This is a shame for baseball. Ironically, the trade actually makes some sense from a baseball perspective for the Marlins. They dump a pair of big back-loaded contracts and other significant salaries, and actually get some very good young players in return. However, knowing that they won't re-invest the traded salary money in the payroll, it becomes a sham. Add in that they just got a new taxpayer-funded ballpark based on promises of contention and higher payrolls, and it becomes grounds for MLB to force Jeff Loria to sell the team. Hopefully Bud Selig has the cojones to do that.

Unfortunately for the Braves, it really does seem like Giancarlo Stanton is off-limits (as he should be). I imagine they'll kick the tires on Logan Morrison, but there are better options out there given Morrison's stagnant development and potential attitude issues.

Quote Originally Posted by Bravo95 View Post
    If Wren doesn't botch this LF/CF situation, the Braves might win 100 games next season.
    Let's not jinx it. That's a big #$%&ing if.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rtgthree View Post
    This is a shame for baseball. Ironically, the trade actually makes some sense from a baseball perspective for the Marlins. They dump a pair of big back-loaded contracts and other significant salaries, and actually get some very good young players in return. However, knowing that they won't re-invest the traded salary money in the payroll, it becomes a sham. Add in that they just got a new taxpayer-funded ballpark based on promises of contention and higher payrolls, and it becomes grounds for MLB to force Jeff Loria to sell the team. Hopefully Bud Selig has the cojones to do that.

Unfortunately for the Braves, it really does seem like Giancarlo Stanton is off-limits (as he should be). I imagine they'll kick the tires on Logan Morrison, but there are better options out there given Morrison's stagnant development and potential attitude issues.

Let's not jinx it. That's a big #$%&ing if.
    Could be what Loria has wanted all along if he's an evil genius. What's the value of a MLB franchise in a brand new ballpark that the taxpayers paid for, now loaded with prospects and owning the smallest payroll in MLB and no payroll commitments beyond next season? Not to mention they have one of the best young players in baseball making the minimum.

If I was a billionaire looking to buy a franchise... that's exactly the type of club I'd be looking for.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast