Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jomota48 View Post
    RE: building stadiums

To me the business model is simple…when your on the field employees average $3+ million dollars in salary (the Stinkees average is double that), and many players are now making over $10 million a year, then you can build your own house. Take it or leave it.
    This is what I'm saying.
    "Mr. Martin Tanner, Baritone, of Dayton, Ohio made his Town Hall debut last night. He came well prepared, but unfortunately his presentation was not up to contemporary professional standards. His voice lacks the range of tonal color necessary to make it consistently interesting. Full time consideration of another endeavor might be in order."

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Metsfan1963 View Post
    But with this trade the Blue Jays have 3 RH catchers (JP Arencibia .233 18 hr 56 rbi, John Buck .192 12hr 41 rbi. and Travis d'Arnaud .333 16 hr 52 rbi in AAA)
    Right you are, and I suspect Arencibia is the odd man out.

Quote Originally Posted by Metsfan1963 View Post
    With this trade the Blue Jays look like they are all in for 2013 why not offer Dickey for Travis d'Arnaud, Anthony Gose, and some lower prospects.
    That won't work at all. By adding Johnson and Buehrle but only subtracting Alvarez, they have filled their rotation while upgrading it significantly. And I am pretty sure they believe that D'Arnaud is their catcher of the future by a long shot, they aren't parting with him. He'll most likely be their startuing catcher out of spring training.

They simply don't have any major holes remaining. Your only shot is to offer them a few very good prospects for Arencibia. Would you give up Tapia, Marte and Cecilliani for Arencibia?
    Last edited by dunbummin; 11-15-2012 at 12:43 AM.
    Former B'klyn Dodger fan. Mets Maniac since 1962.

vCash
    Now I know why high priced players demand a no-trade clause in their contracts.....

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by knicks_champ View Post
    Now I know why high priced players demand a no-trade clause in their contracts.....

I guess FAs should stay clear of the Marlins then.

It's their policy not to give out no trade clauses.
    Last edited by metswon69; 11-15-2012 at 01:33 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post

I guess FAs should stay clear of the Marlins then.

It's their policy not to give out no trade clauses.
    Yeah, I like that they are doing this now high priced players will look at this has a warning sign that they may get traded to a team or heck a country they don't even want to go to!

Marlins

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by knicks_champ View Post
    Yeah, I like that they are doing this now high priced players will look at this has a warning sign that they may get traded to a team or heck a country they don't even want to go to!

Marlins

Poor Canada..

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SILVER SEAVER View Post
    The PR disasters are why he wasn't a good fit. Players like Reyes & Hanley weren't used to a guy who could be outspoken like Ozzie hence why they shipped Ramirez out but now that Reyes is gone they could have had Hanley at short. Just a mess down there and this is coming from a fan of a franchise who has been an embarrasment since 2009.
    Both guys were used to outspoken coaches. Hanley has arguably never had a quiet coach, which is why he's always clashed with them. Reyes has had to deal with Jerry Manuel--who was always on his case--and a fiery Terry Collins. I'd say Jose became a better player under those guys.

I think they shipped Hanley because they had plotted this firesale from the first sign it wasn't working. But even if they didn't, they're better off without that malcontent douche.

But I do agree that the Marlins are a joke.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by fanofclendennon View Post
    This point can't be stressed enough. There should be a federal law prohibiting the taxpayers from funding construction of a new stadium in which the primary inhabitant will be a major professional sports team.

It's theft, pure, unadulterated theft, when team owners convince politicians to use taxpayer money to pay for their stadiums.

I was very proud last year when my fellow Nassau County residents for refused to pay a new Nassau Coliseum.
    I disagree. If I'm not mistaken, don't taxpayers get to vote on such measures? If they approve it, how is it theft?

Anyway, those stadiums can be huge boons to the cities they're built in. Asking the community to chip in isn't such a bad deal considering what the stadium does for the economy.

vCash
    Mark my words, no high profile free agents will EVER sign with the Miami Marlins because they don't believe in having no-trade clauses. Guys want those 7-10 year deals to establish stability not worrying about being shipped out after year one. Say what you want about the Mets but that Marlins organization is more pathetic. Inside I am laughing my butt off because Jose thought he would be in Miami for a while. Ask Jose behind closed doors how he feels right now and I bet he has just a one word response...."BETRAYED". Sometimes the grass isn't always greener on the other side even if the money seems to be.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WoodyHoopz View Post
    I disagree. If I'm not mistaken, don't taxpayers get to vote on such measures? If they approve it, how is it theft?

Anyway, those stadiums can be huge boons to the cities they're built in. Asking the community to chip in isn't such a bad deal considering what the stadium does for the economy.
    When there is a public referendum it's not theft but invariably the public is mislead into believing all kinds of garbage about rateables, etc, that never really plays out.

It's just a bad deal almost always driven by the emotions and passions unique to professional sports rather than sound economic sense. The owners just play us for suckers.
    Last edited by fanofclendennon; 11-15-2012 at 10:07 AM.
    "Mr. Martin Tanner, Baritone, of Dayton, Ohio made his Town Hall debut last night. He came well prepared, but unfortunately his presentation was not up to contemporary professional standards. His voice lacks the range of tonal color necessary to make it consistently interesting. Full time consideration of another endeavor might be in order."

Brooklyn to Denver to L.A. to Denver and back to L.A.
    vCash
    I just found about the trade tonight......

Great trade for BJ's.

Shea Stadium Scoreboard May 31, 1964

Mets Dieharder Since '63
    Broncos Dieharder Since '73
    Los Angeles Kings Dieharder Since 1987
    Los Angeles Kings 2012 and 2014 Stanley Cup Champions -
    Denver Rockets/Nuggets Dieharder Since '73

ua you're gone, but never forgotten, R.I.P.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SILVER SEAVER View Post
    Mark my words, no high profile free agents will EVER sign with the Miami Marlins because they don't believe in having no-trade clauses. Guys want those 7-10 year deals to establish stability not worrying about being shipped out after year one. Say what you want about the Mets but that Marlins organization is more pathetic. Inside I am laughing my butt off because Jose thought he would be in Miami for a while. Ask Jose behind closed doors how he feels right now and I bet he has just a one word response...."BETRAYED". Sometimes the grass isn't always greener on the other side even if the money seems to be.
    Didn't like five high-profile free agents sign with them last winter?

Money talks.

vCash
    Oh, and to those saying Loria scammed the city, the fault in that story is the simple fact that the stadium was approved back in 2007.

vCash
    wont be seeing reyes anymore but josh johnson is god thats the best news

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678