Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

vCash

What Position Should Your Team's #1 Priority Be?

So......

I think for GB........running back. Might be too obvious. Doesn't mean R1 but I feel we need that the most.

vCash
    Quarterback. I would not be opposed to bringing in Matt Flynn or Michael Vick instead of drafting a QB, assuming Geno and Barkley are going to be absurdly expensive to trade up for.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymfan87 View Post
    Quarterback. I would not be opposed to bringing in Matt Flynn or Michael Vick instead of drafting a QB, assuming Geno and Barkley are going to be absurdly expensive to trade up for.
    You think Flynn will be released? I guess I hadn't thought of that.

Don't get Vick, Vick in NY? Yikes.

I think you have a shot at Barkley and Geno might level out, who freaking knows. So much process left.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NormSizedMidget View Post
    You think Flynn will be released? I guess I hadn't thought of that.

Don't get Vick, Vick in NY? Yikes.
    I don't think Flynn will be straight up released, but I don't think it would take a lot to acquire him. I'd rather trade a 4th for Flynn than piss away a top 10 or so pick on Tyler Wilson or Landry Jones.

And I wouldn't mind Vick simply because we could draft an offensive lineman or two and have an elite o-line again, which could potentially make Vick good again. But I'd definitely prefer Flynn to Vick.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymfan87 View Post
    I don't think Flynn will be straight up released, but I don't think it would take a lot to acquire him. I'd rather trade a 4th for Flynn than piss away a top 10 or so pick on Tyler Wilson or Landry Jones.

And I wouldn't mind Vick simply because we could draft an offensive lineman or two and have an elite o-line again, which could potentially make Vick good again. But I'd definitely prefer Flynn to Vick.
    Vick seems very temporary at best with a high bust factor.

Flynn's boom factor seems low but he would be decent IMO.

I know it's scary to move on with QBs but I think you really need to find a franchise one rather than go cheap.

vCash
    Vick seems very temporary at best with a high bust factor.

Flynn's boom factor seems low but he would be decent IMO.

I know it's scary to move on with QBs but I think you really need to find a franchise one rather than go cheap.
    But I honestly don't believe any QB in the draft aside from Geno or Barkley will be better than Flynn. A bad QB, or even an average QB, could not have had the game he had against Detroit. Get Flynn, try to upgrade the weapons on offense, and get a coach who is familiar with the Packers system (after firing the entire coaching staff).

vCash
    I'd take a 3rd for Flynn.

O-line and WR.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by alexander_37 View Post
    I'd take a 3rd for Flynn.

O-line and WR.
    Russell was a 3rd and Flynn is 5x worse.

vCash
    Russell was a 3rd and Flynn is 5x worse.

Not my fault the league slept on Wilson. Considering what Kolb went for..... 3rd rounder for a probable better player is a home run.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by alexander_37 View Post
    Not my fault the league slept on Wilson. Considering what Kolb went for..... 3rd rounder for a probable better player is a home run.
    Stop defending a QB you hate.

vCash
    Safety, CB and another pass rusher. Would prefer to go pass rusher in round one and safety in round 2(Robert Lester)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by B'sCeltsPatsSox View Post
    Safety, CB and another pass rusher. Would prefer to go pass rusher in round one and safety in round 2(Robert Lester)
    I don't understand your obsession with Robert Lester. He's a solid prospect, but I don't see him being a premium talent, and I'd be surprised if he developed into an upper-echelon starting safety. He's not great at one single aspect, and more so than most safeties in college football he is put into a position where it is hard for him to not succeed. My guess is that New England will look to free agency for safety help, or wait until the late rounds. We don't need to add more youth to the secondary, and we really need a glue guy back there.

Needs
    A defensive end is probably a good guess. Jake Bequette may develop into that player, but I have no idea of how he is progressed. If we could add another rangy athlete to pair with Jones, then that would be ideal. Ninkovich is decent, but he gets overmatched versus bigger tackles. I'm hoping we get Dion Jordan, but I'm guessing he will be off-the-board before we pick. He would immediately fit into the Patriot way, and he could form one of the better pass-rushing duos in the NFL with Jones. Plus, he can be a plus in coverage, and that is difficult to find. Though he is rather skinny, he does have the frame to add weight so that he won't get beat up in the trenches. He's still raw, but I think he could really flourish in New England.

Finding a DT/NT prospect would be very smart. Wilfork has played an absurd amount of snaps the last few years, and could start declining soon. Kyle Love is a very good player, but if we could find a developmental prospect at this position, then our defensive front would look very good in the future.

I could definitely see Belichick bucking the trend and going early at receiver this season. Who knows how long Welker will be a Patriot, and the rest of the group is pretty old. Even though he has had his share of injuries, I'd love to see the Pats go after Robert Woods. He's an elite route runner, and he'd be the type of player that could work in our system.

If Mankins can't stay healthy, then it may be the time to look at the guard position. I don't think we need to go after one early in the draft, but it would be smart to find a prospect that can develop into a starter. Even if Mankins is still elite for a few more years, we could still use a stud at RG.

Also, I'm not saying that corner and safety aren't needs. I just don't see us drafting one early unless a premium prospect falls or we move up. Alfonzo Dennard looks like he could develop into a very good starting corner in the league, and if Talib works out then it changes my entire outlook on our secondary. Then we have 3 legitimate starting corners moving forward, and McCourty can double as a safety when needed. Plus, we spent a 2nd round pick on Tavon Wilson in this past draft. He has made some mistakes, but I still like his potential as a decent starting safety.

Also, I know I didn't select the Pats number one need. It's so hard to make that determination because our most important needs may be best addressed in free agency.
    Patriots Forum Hall of Fame Class of 2011

vCash
    Panthers: firing this coaching staff

vCash
    Depending on who leaves in FA, the texans biggest needs are RT, WR, NT for sure and then ILB (unless sharpton looks completely healthy)/S-OLB (depending on who we resign)
    The Most Epic Thread EVER
    Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    Yea what is he thinking not wanting to drive next to or near drunk people. I have never met a more sheltered scaredy cat. As a hobby i find 10-15 homeless guys and give them lots of alcohol and play bumper cars all day but im normal.

vCash
    #1 need for the Saints is actually a tough call. Its got to either be DE or OT (DT is a little further behind). We need help at both spots pretty badly. I imagine the 1st round pick will come at one of those spots no matter what happens in free agency.

1) OT
    2) DE
    3) DT
    4) FS
    5) CB
    Last edited by neovenator250; 11-25-2012 at 08:08 PM. Reason: After the San Fran game, O-Line is clearly the #1 need

Cameron Jordan is awesome

12.5 sacks and this http://instagram.com/p/jfs5DemKo3/

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast