Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    vCash
    It doesn't look like any of the O line understand the plays

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by homestarunner93 View Post
    Oh please. It doesn't effect the team long term, but it's still stupid logic. Further evidence that Rivera and Beane belong nowhere near the decision process for the Panthers in 2013.
    I think we should withhold judgement on Beane, since he's had pretty much nothing to do with our situation. He's never made a pick and given that he's the interim GM I doubt he's making any major decisions in the personnel movements.

Quote Originally Posted by Killakatsfan View Post
    It just tells me they don't know what they are doing. Rivera despite having no chance at an even record should still be trying to find ways to win games. Dropping Bridges in favor of younger players (that have already proven they are not ready) makes no sense to me. Show us something Rivera! Show us some grit! I would bet most of the players don't care to play hard enough to save Rivera's job. It doesn't say much for the players but hey, it says less for him. I bet if Shiano(sp) were the HC here we have more W's than we do now.
    Not if he still had Chud calling the offense. Shiano's defense is just as bad as ours, if not worse, and his offense is doing well because his OC is calling legit power run plays and their OL depth has shown to be pretty incredible.

Quote Originally Posted by Killakatsfan View Post
    It doesn't look like any of the O line understand the plays
    I agree with this. Outside of Gross and Piggy they all look lost. I don't know if it's their fault or the coaches.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by N.E.PanthersFan View Post
    lol

Let me rephrase that for you and see if it makes more sense: "dropping [a completely out-of-shape player who's been struggling to grasp the playbook] in favor of [Garry Williams, who has already learned the offense and been a positive contributer]". When you bring a guy in to be your starter and he can't get on the field, you let him go. It's no different than Jeff Otah, who was finally let go after 3 years of waiting. Let me say that a different way: when you bring a guy in who you plan on playing ahead of Garry Williams and then he can't beat Garry Williams for the starting spot, why even have that guy on the roster? He's just taking up space and money at that point.

Look, I wanted to Bridges to succeed as much as anyone. I was really excited when we got Hangartner back and he contributed, so I was hoping Bridges would do the same. But he can't even beat out Garry Williams.

Another way of reading this is: Garry Williams has stepped up and done his job, so we see no reason to make a change right now.
    Bridges is better than Byers, so why not keep Bridges? It's not like Byers is going to improve or magically become a good lineman considering he is flat-out bad. Like doesn't even belong on an NFL roster bad.
    On Cam Newton:

Quote Originally Posted by Norm View Post
    So it's official.

This jerk off is going to be the first QB taken in the first round (or maybe the first 5) in the modern era to throw less than 300 passes at DI level. and he might go #1 overall.

hahahahahahahahahahahaha

Nfl scouting is a joke.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by manbearchef View Post
    I think we should withhold judgement on Beane, since he's had pretty much nothing to do with our situation. He's never made a pick and given that he's the interim GM I doubt he's making any major decisions in the personnel movements.
    Ideally, most, if not all of this FO is going to get fired at the end of the year anyways.
    On Cam Newton:

Quote Originally Posted by Norm View Post
    So it's official.

This jerk off is going to be the first QB taken in the first round (or maybe the first 5) in the modern era to throw less than 300 passes at DI level. and he might go #1 overall.

hahahahahahahahahahahaha

Nfl scouting is a joke.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123