Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    vCash
    Marlin fans might actually be getting their wish of a new owner. Think about it, brand new publicly funded stadium which I am sure has a very favorable lease to the franchise. Now the owner is slashing payroll, sounds like to me the perfect move to leverage a sale. Best way to maximise your profit is to sell a rebuilder in a brand new park. The new owner can generate some excitement by simply not being the old owner.

If I where a Marlins fans, which wont be many after this, this is what I would be hoping for.

vCash
    pretty sh*** for them to do that. Now they will just be greedy and pocket all the tv contract revenues. Id be pissed to no end too

vCash
    would be nice if we had a place to vent that wasn't overrun with fans from other teams.. there is a general forum thread that you can guys post in too.

with that being said, I've never been more embarrassed to be a fan of a franchise.

vCash
    You guys should bring it down a notch. This deal is getting waaaay too much hype.

First of all, the Marlins just came out of one of the worst seasons in franchise history. EVERYONE IS EXPENDABLE (except Stanton of course)! The core of this team was absolutely pathetic, they had absolutely no heart and a losing mentality. No manager could of fixed them. We were going no where with this team so there really isn't any reason to be throwing fits.

Second of all, these players owed a **** load of money. Why would you still have that on your team after the season we just endured? With the team that we have now, we would prolly be just as bad, but not be paying a ton of money. Hopefully we use the money we can spend a little wiser next time around.

The only player there that hurts in the deal is Reyes. I feel like his contract was fair and was one of the best player on our team. He looked like he enjoyed being here and it's sad to see him go. But JJ had one year left, we weren't gonna keep him... He really hasn't been the same anyways. Buehrle was a good pitcher, but it's not like he was amazing either. Not really all that sad about Boni leaving and Buck sucks.

The prospects we got in return seem like the could be good contributors down the road. We need to get back to what this franchise use to be about; great pitching and great defense. We got a potential 5 tool OF and potentially a great defensive shortstop. The pitcher we got could be solid (hopefully more than that but we'll see) and we got a few arms of our own as well.

The thing i am most pissed off about is the recklessness we showed last offseason coming to bite us in the ***. Right now the FO looks like they do not know how to run a baseball team and embarrassed themselves, the organization, the fans, and even the freakin MLB. Also, this makes me worry a whole lot about potential FAs coming to sign here and Stanton resigning.

I still have faith in this organization that we will make this right. It's obvious that they are going to start from scratch with a new coach, stadium, and team. They will built this team in the image that won us 2 WS.

vCash
    The ****ing media and fans blew this **** out of proportion. It's pretty funny actually. Without looking at the potential consequences of dealing a lot of good players would have on signing FAs and resigning our own good players (because that is a topic in itself) and simply just look at the trade itself, it isn't that big of a deal... We had a ****ing HORRIBLE team in which we invested A LOT of money in and simply discarded them for younger and potentially better players.

Our society blows things out of proportion so much its ridiculous.

vCash
    A free agent will never want to sign here.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by scaramantula View Post
    one team stops trying while another is trying for the first time in 15 years, the cycle of shittiness continues
    It's a never ending story lol
    Friend: I think the NBA payed off the Heat in the first yr because of the politics. They threw game four and they payed Lebron because they were angry with what he did. So he had pay one way or another.

F:There is no one in the draft coming out and trading players isn't going to happen. The Lakers are in trouble.

F: Vogel doesn't run that team. Shaw does. If he leaves they are going to suck and Vogel will get fired.

-Heat fan

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HuRRiCaNeS324 View Post
    The ****ing media and fans blew this **** out of proportion. It's pretty funny actually. Without looking at the potential consequences of dealing a lot of good players would have on signing FAs and resigning our own good players (because that is a topic in itself) and simply just look at the trade itself, it isn't that big of a deal... We had a ****ing HORRIBLE team in which we invested A LOT of money in and simply discarded them for younger and potentially better players.

Our society blows things out of proportion so much its ridiculous.
    How is this blown out of proportion? From one off season to the next they went from the Yankees to the Pirates.
    Friend: I think the NBA payed off the Heat in the first yr because of the politics. They threw game four and they payed Lebron because they were angry with what he did. So he had pay one way or another.

F:There is no one in the draft coming out and trading players isn't going to happen. The Lakers are in trouble.

F: Vogel doesn't run that team. Shaw does. If he leaves they are going to suck and Vogel will get fired.

-Heat fan

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BigCityofDreams View Post
    How is this blown out of proportion? From one off season to the next they went from the Yankees to the Pirates.
    I repeat...

Without looking at the potential consequences of dealing a lot of good players would have on signing FAs and resigning our own good players (because that is a topic in itself) and simply just look at the trade itself, it isn't that big of a deal... We had a ****ing HORRIBLE team in which we invested A LOT of money in and simply discarded them for younger and potentially better players.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by justinnum1 View Post
    A free agent will never want to sign here.
    This^^^^^
    And Giancarlo is looking for the 1st flight to get out of town as well. Terrible message being sent to fan base and the players. I get slashing payroll but man, that's nuts!

vCash
    hey guys, hang in there. the marlins are bad for fire sales but you're getting some real good prospects and have already won 2 world series' operating like this. the sun will come out tomorrow, enjoy the nice weather and nba champion heat in the mean time

vCash
    The Red Sox made a push for Josh Johnson and Jose Reyes, but the Blue Jays just blew the Marlins away, a source tells Nick Cafardo of the Boston Globe (via Twitter).
    Read more at http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/#pGjoL8Ytycjejf4j.99
    Rangers fan here, really feeling for you guys....also wondering how in the world this offer "blew the Marlins away"?.....sorry, I dont care want anyone says, trading away 3 all stars in one deal and not getting back AT LEAST 1 of D'Arnaud, JP, or Syndergaad is a complete FAIL.....if they would have done 3 separate deals they were have gotten a MUCH better return. I get wanted to shed payroll (although this really hinders being able to bring in top free agents), but they have no just absolutely killed the morale of this team. Buerhle is still a great guy to have on staff with his durability and veteran presence for the young guys and Reyes is still a top SS in the game...hell, if they just would have offered JJ to the Blue Jays he probably could have netted Mairsnick and Nicolino alone....its just an absolutely terrible job by the Marlins FO, like others have said, it really seems like they have no idea what they are doing when trying to make good sound baseball moves and judgements.

Sydney, Australia but born in Exhibition Stadium
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by burgh_fan66 View Post
    Wow! I'm a Pirates fan and I feel for you guys. Absolutely unreal destruction to your team.
    You know it's bad when the Pirate's fans feel sorry for you.

We've had it rough for 19 years...The 1 thing to take from this is your payroll is one of the lowest ever in MLB. You can build from there.

PS...those uniform were your real undoing.
    Hey! It'S JoeyBatS

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HuRRiCaNeS324 View Post
    I repeat...

Without looking at the potential consequences of dealing a lot of good players would have on signing FAs and resigning our own good players (because that is a topic in itself) and simply just look at the trade itself, it isn't that big of a deal... We had a ****ing HORRIBLE team in which we invested A LOT of money in and simply discarded them for younger and potentially better players.
    Repeat it all you want...

It still means you will probably not be very good next year. Or the year after. and who knows the year after that.

Sorry.

Jeffry Loria is a cancer on baseball.

Ask the people of Montreal. I'm still furious about how he ran them into the ground, all the while holding city council's head to a pistol. **** you Loria.

I'm not trolling you Hurricane. Repeat after me. Loria needs to be run out of town....

vCash
    This trade is one of the worst trades I have ever seen from a pure talent for talent perspective. I honestly feel terribly sorry for Marlins fans.

The job Loria has done is the worst I have ever seen.

Im at a loss for words with what has transpired in Miami since the Trade Deadline and now.

Terrible.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast