Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Trueblue2 View Post
    Don't go to College, it's a waste of time, sell drugs instead.
    worked out great for metsfan4ever, living it up in his 200 square foot mansion in camden that comes with almost bullet proof windows and doors and a toilet.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by yaswaggin View Post
    couldnt find any official rankings for it from a credible source (yahoo asnwers and college confidential dont count )

also, are you doing a specific journalism like broadcast journalism or are you doing it as undergrad to go to law school?
    Right now I would go with Broadcast Journalism or Sports Journalism....not sure what you mean to go to law school....why would I study journalism to go to law school?

Economics also interests me....Political Science to, but unfortunately it seems the only way you can be a successful politician these days is if mommy and daddy are rich/former politicians or if you get an ivy league degree.

vCash
    i'm going for a physician's assistant degree, my mom put me on that and my mom gives good advice(sometimes ) so i'm gonna give it a try. i know hofstra has a good program for that, so i just recently applied there.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BradHolt4CYoung View Post
    Right now I would go with Broadcast Journalism or Sports Journalism....not sure what you mean to go to law school....why would I study journalism to go to law school?

Economics also interests me....Political Science to, but unfortunately it seems the only way you can be a successful politician these days is if mommy and daddy are rich/former politicians or if you get an ivy league degree.
    Journalism is a major that is often carried into law school. Not as much as political science, but it's still pretty popular in that regard.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BradHolt4CYoung View Post

you need to know a lot about law so you don't get sued for libel, IOP, etc.

vCash
    Some of the people here are a bit misinformed.

Yes, for law school the most popular humanities degree is political science.

But did you know that if you have a physics or math degree (good GPA of course), you have a WAY higher chance of getting into a great law school in compared to those with political science degrees????

Math and physical science degrees are harder to get, much harder to get with a good GPA. Besides, the LSAT (the test that gets you into law school) is REALLY EASY to a math or physical science major. If your goal is to get to a top law school, I would suggest a math degree due to the amount of logic required to get a math degree with a good GPA. It impresses law schools a ton more. Also the LSAT is way easier to someone who is familiar with the thinking process of doing math proofs.

For engineering, MIT is famous for it, but do your research. With engineering, your success long term is more determined on your work achievements, not as much your school degree. I suggest not to start an engineering program until you've mastered calculus, linear algebra (which has calculus as a prerequisite), and differential equations. You don't know how many people I've known who have dreamt of being an engineer but fainted and dropped out after flunking calculus 2 (basically using series, integration by parts, double/triple integration, etc). Calculus, linear algebra, and differential equations need to be second nature for you in order to succeed in getting an engineering degree. If you struggle in those three math subjects, and if you don't MASTER them, forget about being an engineer. Also take your time while doing the degree. Many engineering students who do 4 year programs finish it in 5 or 5 and a half years because the classes are very demanding and they tend to lessen their class load each semester in order to learn more effectively. Consider this strategy.

A math or physical science degree opens way more doors than a humanities degree. But in the end, you have to do what you like. Research before doing college!!!!! You don't want to go to college and get lost and not know what you're doing. Before attending college, find out what you like, what you're good at, the market for it, and also environments. Are there certain types of girls you like????? Where are they located???? Will a certain career allow you to have a personal life to pursue the type of females you are attracted too???? Will a certain career force you to be stuck in a place you'd rather not be???? As funny as some of these questions are, they are important. Think all this through. Good luck.

vCash
    swerv

#iubb

vCash
    Choose the one with the best male:female ratio. Trust me...
    49ers, Athletics, Warriors = Life!

49ers = 12-4
    Warriors = 51-31 Making it rain!
    A's = 59-36 Back to Back AL West Champs!
    WINNING!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bootleg42 View Post
    Some of the people here are a bit misinformed.

Yes, for law school the most popular humanities degree is political science.

But did you know that if you have a physics or math degree (good GPA of course), you have a WAY higher chance of getting into a great law school in compared to those with political science degrees????

Math and physical science degrees are harder to get, much harder to get with a good GPA. Besides, the LSAT (the test that gets you into law school) is REALLY EASY to a math or physical science major. If your goal is to get to a top law school, I would suggest a math degree due to the amount of logic required to get a math degree with a good GPA. It impresses law schools a ton more. Also the LSAT is way easier to someone who is familiar with the thinking process of doing math proofs.

For engineering, MIT is famous for it, but do your research. With engineering, your success long term is more determined on your work achievements, not as much your school degree. I suggest not to start an engineering program until you've mastered calculus, linear algebra (which has calculus as a prerequisite), and differential equations. You don't know how many people I've known who have dreamt of being an engineer but fainted and dropped out after flunking calculus 2 (basically using series, integration by parts, double/triple integration, etc). Calculus, linear algebra, and differential equations need to be second nature for you in order to succeed in getting an engineering degree. If you struggle in those three math subjects, and if you don't MASTER them, forget about being an engineer. Also take your time while doing the degree. Many engineering students who do 4 year programs finish it in 5 or 5 and a half years because the classes are very demanding and they tend to lessen their class load each semester in order to learn more effectively. Consider this strategy.

A math or physical science degree opens way more doors than a humanities degree. But in the end, you have to do what you like. Research before doing college!!!!! You don't want to go to college and get lost and not know what you're doing. Before attending college, find out what you like, what you're good at, the market for it, and also environments. Are there certain types of girls you like????? Where are they located???? Will a certain career allow you to have a personal life to pursue the type of females you are attracted too???? Will a certain career force you to be stuck in a place you'd rather not be???? As funny as some of these questions are, they are important. Think all this through. Good luck.
    Good stuff, makes sense since my sister is currently taking political science and her degree is super easy compared to math or a physical science

vCash
    Since I am still young, but have planned for it for awhile, I found out that you have to go really big, and really small. Like apply for Yale, Havard and any, small school.

Born a Knick Live a Knick Die a Knick
    Knicks-Jets-Yanks-Chris Paul-St.Johns-Duke Fan

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by StarvingKnick22 View Post
    Since I am still young, but have planned for it for awhile, I found out that you have to go really big, and really small. Like apply for Yale, Havard and any, small school.
    Unless you have a 4.9+ (weighted) GPA and a 2400 on the SATs then you're wasting money applying to Yale and Harvard

And those people still get rejected quite often

vCash
    if you're not studying turfgrass management.. you're failing at life.

Quote Originally Posted by CousinsEvansDUO View Post
    Not going to read your posts or respond to them because judging by your sig you are a clueless nutjob. That girl is a 7/10 and you probably think shes a 10. Which means IRL you must be a 5/10 and sorry no offense bro but I don't talk to 5/10s or below, and by bro I mean never my bro.
    CousinsEvansDUO doesn't think i'm hot..

vCash
    Location and program are how I ended up where I did. I didn't go to the most prestigious school I got into, but I went to the one that was in a perfect location for me and with a really good program that I (at the time) wanted.

Just do what is best for you. Weigh those things out yourself.

I will say that I did go to an expensive private school, and while I got some great scholarships, I am paying a lot in loans now....and that's no fun. But I wouldn't do anything differently.

vCash
    Money played a big role for me. I ultimately chose the college that provided tons of Fafsa so that I didn't have to take out as much in loans. Regardless, I know I'm ****** in loans once I graduate but I guess every college except for a community college will probably do that to you. Next came my program preference and who offered it. Then came distance from home and stuff.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by yaswaggin View Post
    Unless you have a 4.9+ (weighted) GPA and a 2400 on the SATs then you're wasting money applying to Yale and Harvard

And those people still get rejected quite often
    If you study hard, put your time in it, Yale or Harvard wont be that hard. But you cant say you wont atleast try.

Born a Knick Live a Knick Die a Knick
    Knicks-Jets-Yanks-Chris Paul-St.Johns-Duke Fan

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast