Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

Deciding which college to attend?

I know most people on here are either in, graduated, or on the verge of going to college.... I'm sure a few of you had multiple colleges wanting you to attend. My question is, what was your deciding factor in picking the college you attend/graduated/plan on attending?

Was it money, family, the major, your dream college or something completely different?

vCash
    let me ask this.. Are you deciding between colleges?

vCash
    My parents said if i went to community college they would pay for that. so i did for 2 years

Now im at ISU, a 4 year school, currently in my 2nd year here (ill be here an extra semester tho). We are splitting tuition. They pay a couple grand each semester and I pay for the rest with my job/loans

I picked ISU cause they have a good teaching program, and it was a manageable distance from my home. I live here but go home every couple weekends.

vCash

Deciding which college to attend?

For me, I was an awful HS student. 1.9 GPA. Rarely went to class. But I went to community college for 2 years, and got automatically accepted to any state school in MA. So that was kind of easy for me.

vCash
    I see you are from Michigan. Go to Michigan state if you have the grades, go to Central/Western if you don't. That easy. Saves money from deciding on out of state. Those are two very fun schools.

I chose Eastern Michigan because it was close to home and I drive back and forth every day. It's easy as ****, I don't do a lot of work and I go to Ann Arbor or East Lansing basically every weekend to drink. Save a ton of money on tuition as well cause its cheaper. But I probably wouldn't do it again.
    Last edited by jetsforever; 11-13-2012 at 06:07 PM.

vCash
    Good looking women & easy access to drugs were the only things I cared about back then.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRuckus View Post
    You can't spell Worley without W.

vCash
    Become a police officer. Don't go to college.

And by the way, those pants, they belong to my dad.And they're not really pants,
    they're Lederhosen

vCash
    The main factor was money. i got a full ride to my college and couldn't turn that down

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Infamous916:24310805
    Good looking women & easy access to drugs were the only things I cared about back then.
    Drugs are very easy to find. Good looking women, that's a whole different story.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

^ESPN and PSD Agrees

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mikekhelxD View Post
    Drugs are very easy to find. Good looking women, that's a whole different story.
    really? maybe you live in the wrong place haha

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mikekhelxD View Post
    Luckily for me Santa Barbra has the best of both.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRuckus View Post
    You can't spell Worley without W.

vCash
    I have two brothers, one who stayed home for college and one who's currently away. Both said they've had great times and the one who stayed home said it didn't take anything away from his college experience.

The one who stayed home his first year but decided to save money by staying home and he couldn't handle living with people who were slobs (not saying your dormies would be, but there's a chance). He still went to parties with his friends and still had fun, and he saved a bunch of money by not having to pay room and board.

The one who's away right now says he's loving it, but he also said he's counting the days down until Thanksgiving so he can come home. I suggets only going away to college that would prevent you form making easy trips home only if you're comfortable being away from friends/familily for a long period of time and you know you could perform simple tasks such as food shopping, doing the laundry, and cleaning the dishes by yourself.

Good luck with everything!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Infamous916 View Post
    Luckily for me Santa Barbra has the best of both.
    And this is why everyone should attend UCSB.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jetsforever View Post
    I see you are from Michigan. Go to Michigan state if you have the grades, go to Central/Western if you don't. That easy. Saves money from deciding on out of state. Those are two very fun schools.

I chose Eastern Michigan because it was close to home and I drive back and forth every day. It's easy as ****, I don't do a lot of work and I go to Ann Arbor or East Lansing basically every weekend to drink. Save a ton of money on tuition as well cause its cheaper. But I probably wouldn't do it again.
    I got accepted to MSU, waiting to hear from UofM(doubt I get in)....but Michigan State is probably #1 for now, right now I'm trying to find an out of state school that might give me a **** load of money to go to their school.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JWO35 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by jetsforever View Post

I got accepted to MSU, waiting to hear from UofM(doubt I get in)....but Michigan State is probably #1 for now, right now I'm trying to find an out of state school that might give me a **** load of money to go to their school.
    GPA?

SATs and/or ACTs

Ethnicity?

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast