Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: Who Does The Worst In This Game?

Voters
26. You may not vote on this poll
  • Schotty

0 0%
  • Hunter

6 23.08%
  • Mulligan

3 11.54%
  • They All Dominate and Every Single One Of Our Fans Collectively Commit Suicide

17 65.38%
Page 4 of 25 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jetsfansince'67 View Post
    If the locker-room is still together, I think we could win this game.

Two anemic offenses against two good defenses (Rams have a good pass rush which isn't our strength, on either side of the ball).

I think we have to throw on 1st down - establish its credibility, and then run some draws, and traps, and maybe even a screen pass - wait...doesn't he usually get those intercepted.

Wouldn't it be great if the offense controlled the pace of the game (kow). It would inspire the defense.

GO JETS!!!
    It will not be easy as this team is stiff against the run. And teams that stop the run have essentially stopped the Jets this season. They've been slow to adapt to the man blocking schemes and are running or check that, may have run out of time this year unless they get it together somehow.
    And looking across the league, teams that cannot run are having trouble. This holds especially true for the Jets as they basically fall apart at the seams if they can't run the ball. They aren't talented enough to get by without establishing the run. I'm very surprised we haven't seen Ducasse in there.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by John X Doe View Post
    It will not be easy as this team is stiff against the run. And teams that stop the run have essentially stopped the Jets this season. They've been slow to adapt to the man blocking schemes and are running or check that, may have run out of time this year unless they get it together somehow.
    And looking across the league, teams that cannot run are having trouble. This holds especially true for the Jets as they basically fall apart at the seams if they can't run the ball. They aren't talented enough to get by without establishing the run. I'm very surprised we haven't seen Ducasse in there.
    I'm not so surprised about Ducasse because he doesn't pass block very well, and while you're absolutely right that we STRUGGLE when we can't run, it is a fact that Sanchez is the most blitzed QB in the league this year, and both Sanchez and our O-line has sucked against the blitz so far this year. One of the things about the Rams is that they get most of their pass rush from their front 4 - which is usually a blessing for any team (to be able to get a consistent pass rush with 4 D-lineman), BUT if this keeps the Rams from Blitzing - it is actually, statistically anyway, a good thing for Sanchez and the pass offense.

As far as falling apart at the seams - the only games we haven't been close to that description - has been Buffalo, Patriots, and Colts - and those are Sanchez's best games with a QB rating of: 123.4/90.3/109.0 respectively, whereas are yards/carry are: 3.3/3.2/5.7 (statistic anomaly) respectively.

Here is another set of games that tend to show that it is Sanchez's passing ability that really predicts how we do - both Dolphin games:
    Game 1 - 09/23/12 (23/20 OT victory) - Sanchez passer rating was 58.3, but 129 in the 4th quarter/OT -when the game was won, and rushing was 3 ypc for the game, whereas: the 10/28/12 game (9/30 loss) - Sanchez passer rating - 65.6, but we averaged 5 yards per carry.

I know people say statistics can say about anything you want them to say, BUT - I came up with this observation, and then these 1st level statistics seem to back it up.

In reality - I don't see how we can win any game with Sanchez playing poorly - it would take one of those "miracle games" and although we desperately need a win - I don't want to waste a "miracle game" on the St. Louis Rams this year - I don't know - I'm not really in the miracle business - (although as a Doc - I have truly seen miraculous things happen - that's where miracles belong - not football games, right?).

GO JETS!!!

vCash
    We must pray our D can outscore the Rams O, cannot count on offense

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jetsfansince'67 View Post
    I'm not so surprised about Ducasse because he doesn't pass block very well, and while you're absolutely right that we STRUGGLE when we can't run, it is a fact that Sanchez is the most blitzed QB in the league this year, and both Sanchez and our O-line has sucked against the blitz so far this year. One of the things about the Rams is that they get most of their pass rush from their front 4 - which is usually a blessing for any team (to be able to get a consistent pass rush with 4 D-lineman), BUT if this keeps the Rams from Blitzing - it is actually, statistically anyway, a good thing for Sanchez and the pass offense.

As far as falling apart at the seams - the only games we haven't been close to that description - has been Buffalo, Patriots, and Colts - and those are Sanchez's best games with a QB rating of: 123.4/90.3/109.0 respectively, whereas are yards/carry are: 3.3/3.2/5.7 (statistic anomaly) respectively.

Here is another set of games that tend to show that it is Sanchez's passing ability that really predicts how we do - both Dolphin games:
    Game 1 - 09/23/12 (23/20 OT victory) - Sanchez passer rating was 58.3, but 129 in the 4th quarter/OT -when the game was won, and rushing was 3 ypc for the game, whereas: the 10/28/12 game (9/30 loss) - Sanchez passer rating - 65.6, but we averaged 5 yards per carry.

I know people say statistics can say about anything you want them to say, BUT - I came up with this observation, and then these 1st level statistics seem to back it up.

In reality - I don't see how we can win any game with Sanchez playing poorly - it would take one of those "miracle games" and although we desperately need a win - I don't want to waste a "miracle game" on the St. Louis Rams this year - I don't know - I'm not really in the miracle business - (although as a Doc - I have truly seen miraculous things happen - that's where miracles belong - not football games, right?).

GO JETS!!!
    Those 3 games you mentioned were against the weakest defenses. Teams we could run on and negate the pressure on Sanchez. That's the key - running the ball IMO. Sanchez needs the help and always has. Nothing has really changed there. If they can't run, they can't win.

I still maintain that Ducasse would improve the running game to the point where we could finally run effective play-action which would lessen his need to pass protect in obvious situations. And Mark excels in play-action. They must run 1st.

vCash
    You could definitely be right about Ducasse, although I've yet to see it happen consistently. He had that one great drive/dive through block on one of Greene's goal-line TDs against the Colts. The weird thing is - with shoving a huge pay cut up Matt Slauson's rear, and apparently expecting Ducasse to take over next year when Slauson becomes a FA (he will be a steal for someone) - I would think that Ducasse would already have been solidly entrenched as the starter (in his 3rd year as a 2nd round draft pick) in preparation for a being THE starter next year - and yet - Slauson has played the majority of snaps, and apparently will again this week.

Our wins (except Miami) did come against defensively challenged teams - but our 1st 2 wins (Bills, Dolphins) we barely averaged 3 yards per carry - so I don't see ANY running game dominance. Against the Colts - S. Greene, with a few carries from McKnight - had our best running game - BUT - In the Bills game, the 4th quarter/OT in Miami, and the Colts game - Sanchez was excellent - with an avg QB rating (passer rating, not "QBR") of > 100, whereas, Greene only had 1 good effort, and that was against the Colts - AND we averaged 5 YPC in Dolphins II - but gave away so many cheap points that the running game, apparently, became discardable. Sanchez was poor in the Miami loss with a QB rating of 65 - in fact - the whole team - except for 21 rushing attempt for 105 yards - was pretty lame.

If Sanchez only had good games when the running game was going well, then I would agree with you - AND it would certainly seem to increase the chances of Sanchez playing better - but the facts are - when Sanchez plays well - we win, or are very competitive; when Sanchez and the running game go well - we win, or are very competitive; if Sanchez plays poorly (QB rating <70), we lose even if the running game is doing well. This was true in '09, and especially in the '10 playoffs - and last year was a mixed bag.

We go how Sanchez plays - and I think that is what you see in this era of the QB Driven League. That is why we're 3 and 9 in the last 11 games - Sanchez hasn't been able to play consistently well - for a myriad of reasons - including - he may well be a marginal QB - although if you remember not so far back (2009, 2010, the 1st 13 games of 2011) - Sanchez rarely had bad games "back to back." He almost always had a good rebound game after a bad game - especially in starting in the last 6 games of 2009, into the playoffs - and into last year, and that is why we didn't have these long losing streaks - although - OF COURSE - good running, good defense, good special teams play - were all important - but if you go game by game - we win when Sanchez plays well - even when the running game isn't that good (the huge exception was the 2010 AFC Championship game - where the 1st half had poor defense, running, and fair QB playing - but the reason we almost came back all the way - was Sanchez's excellent play.

Maybe we'll never see that again - but I can't think like that, because there really isn't a good alternative at QB this year, AND probably next. I know you all want to kick butt - and get rid of him, and "anyone can play better than Sanchez," but I don't think you will find many NFL experts that will agree with you. Only the future will tell. Believe me - I am sick of seeing us lose, and seeing all the stupid penalties, and missed opportunities, and all the mistakes - especially Sanchez's that just "jump out at me," (as do red zone INTs, and weak cheese fumbles, and stupid decisions - but he's had a lot of help in stinking - a football team has 11 players on each side of the ball - and I don't see anyone saving the day - right now). I hope it starts tomorrow!

GO JETS!!!

vCash
    I'm hoping we just tank and Sanchez gets replaced at some point. Need that high draft pick.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by YoungStuna28 View Post
    I'm hoping we just tank and Sanchez gets replaced at some point. Need that high draft pick.
    Foot ball mesiah Tebow and his 12 anon apostles will replace Sanchez after thanks giving literally making that sanchez's 'last supper" as the starter for the NY Jets.

"The Butt of all jokes"

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NYJ - NYY View Post
    need one last bit of advice... vernon davis v chitown... andrew roberts v atl... or dwayne allen v pats?
    I had Vdavis all last year and he did jack, atl is coming off a loss that they should of won so im guessing their gonna come out angry tomm, I would go with Allen but check waivers and see if heath miller is available, I gotta a feeling aside from running the ball like gangbusters when they do throw leftwich will look for him everytime

Europe get READY, THE CHAMPS ARE HERE!

New York Jets..New York Knicks..New York Yankees..Barcelona!!

vCash
    always feels weird to have a player on my team going against Jets...Hope Jets win 46-45 and Amendola has 15 for 180 and 5 td!! lol my team sits at 6-4 losers of 3 in a row go figure!!

"The Butt of all jokes"

vCash
    Letsss goo jets game time
    NY JETS .we just can't win the games we need to win
    NY Yankees
    NY Knicks
    LETS BALL!!!

2013 NFL PSD MOCK DRAFT:
    1ST RD PICK 9: KEKE MINGO OLB
    2nd rd pick: Giovanni Bernard rb
    3rd rd pick: Zac dysert Qb
    4th rd pick: xavier nixon Og
    5th rd pick: D.C jefferson Te
    6th rd pick: Sio Moore Lb

vCash
    Good drive so far
    PSD's Muhammad Wilkerson!!!

vCash
    War Machine looking sharp..

!Tank the season for Jameis Winston!

vCash
    Greene came to play today boy.... Nice drop butterfingers
    NY JETS .we just can't win the games we need to win
    NY Yankees
    NY Knicks
    LETS BALL!!!

2013 NFL PSD MOCK DRAFT:
    1ST RD PICK 9: KEKE MINGO OLB
    2nd rd pick: Giovanni Bernard rb
    3rd rd pick: Zac dysert Qb
    4th rd pick: xavier nixon Og
    5th rd pick: D.C jefferson Te
    6th rd pick: Sio Moore Lb

vCash
    Another drop by Hill.

Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.
    -Sun Tzu

vCash
    Catch the ball Hill you dumb***
    PSD's Muhammad Wilkerson!!!

Page 4 of 25 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast