Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    vCash
    Thabeet should of been a early 2nd rounder

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by blazerman View Post
    Im glad to see the Blazers get the win, they deserve it. A tough schedule to start the season.
    Lilliard had a nice game, it sucks I dont get to see hardly any games in ND. I really would like to be able to see the players progress as the yr goes on. Reading boxscores and so forth dont tell the whole story.
    Living in North Dakota Blazerman?... I just finished up 3 years run out there, gotta admit I'm so happy to be back in Oregon.

What part of ND?

vCash
    More 2 man games with Lillard and Batum both setting and coming off pick and rolls

Great Win

3-5 is way better than 2-6 ahha

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Red Hot Rolllin View Post
    Living in North Dakota Blazerman?... I just finished up 3 years run out there, gotta admit I'm so happy to be back in Oregon.

What part of ND?
    I live in Minot ND, I brought my semi's(4 2007 peterbuilts) out here almost 3yrs ago to run in the oilfields but I spend alot of time in a podunk town called Cando because I have a pretty decent sized farm that was my dads but Im getting ready to sell it to add more trucks.
    Life is good out here for me but I plan on being back in Oregon in 3 or 4yrs after everything is totally set here, I miss my Blazers and Ducks games.

Sorry guys probably shouldve PM this one. PM Red hot Rollins about what brought you out here.

vCash
    Lillard was sexy

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shen View Post
    Correction, for where Thabeet was picked yes he is a bust but no one thought he should have been picked there. Griz picked him and they did not even want him. He got screwed from moment his name was called. As an NBA player he is not a scrub, someone works with him on foul issues and he can be a very impressive C.
    I dont know if I would use the word impressive with him on his best day especially when the Thunder which is about his 4th or 5th team says they think they can brainwash him into being a better player.

We'll just say the jury is out on him still and if anything the guy is one of the luckiest players Ive seen because he was drafted #2 when he really wasnt anywhere close to a #2 talent but on the flipside he did get to collect those #2 pick paychecks for about 4yrs which isnt to shabby.

I would be happy for him if he becomes a productive NBA which is possible from the bench because he is too stupid to be a fulltime starter.

When teams like the Blazers that have nobody what so ever at the ctr position took the liberty to pack his bags for him tells me that he isnt the sharpest tool in the shed, especially when we all know the guy has fantastic size and has some nice athletic ability. I think your only fooling yourself if you dont think his prior teams have gone to great lenghts to help his game reach it's potential.

If he had any real game each team would have probably kept him especially the Rockets and Blazers but the concensus think he he'd make goofy look like a genius.

Some more time will tell, personally I thought the guy would eventually be a solid force in the middle and it does really baffle me that he hasnt at least been able to find a nitch as a backup at least. Its possible that the right coach or assistant may help him develop his game and more importantly see the game unfold a little more clearly while he's on the court so he doesnt get caught slippin and get into foul trouble which has been his biggest problem so far.

vCash
    No team has done anything to try and bring out his potential. From day 1 the Griz made no secret they did not want him and had no interest in him. It still baffles me why they even drafted him when they had no one and still refused to play him. Rockets gave 0 effort to do anything with him. Blazers gave him nearly no opportunity and few times he got on court he was good.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Red Hot Rolllin View Post
    More 2 man games with Lillard and Batum both setting and coming off pick and rolls

Great Win

3-5 is way better than 2-6 ahha
    Im keeping a close watch on your boy Batum this yr and he is playing with a bit of a chip on his shoulder liker he has something to prove and it's exactly what the doctor ordered.
    So far so good and if Im not mistaken you and where Lilliards only fanbase predraft so no really surprise with Lilliard because the Blazers and Lilliard were a perfect match from the get go. Pat yourself on the back for being such a good visionary on him, haha
    You know Im all about the Blazers being successful but this is one season in particular I want to see the Blazers improve and these young guns establish themselves as keepers and see Batum take his game to the next level consistently(basically get that Pippen style attack mode on both ends of the court working all game long without taking plays off).
    Im confident in LMA and Matthews being able to continue they're steady play(I know I pick on Matthews a bit but thats because he is a solid 6th man to me and I want Lilliard to have a true weapon in the backcourt with him that will make other teams pay by trying to double team our facilitator in Lilliard. Wes is a solid but will never be a guy that strikes fear into opponents. I have my own master plan for this team and Im pretty confident it will be along the lines of what the Blazers will attempt to do in order to maximize this team and attract the guys on the cheap that would normally bypass the Blazers.
    It's kinda strange Im pulling for the Blazers to win for the sake of the maturation process but other than that I want that pick top 13 pick this yr. I see a high pick either being a keeper if the slot is right for the Blazers to nab a rocksolid draft pick or they could advertise the pick along with some attractive capspace to attract a team into dealing somebody they wouldnt normally consider trading. I think the Blazers could dump 1 or 2 cheap players that have "potential to sweeten the deal".
    Im big on this because I want Portland to put this team for championship potential. The icing on the cake for this season will be if LMA and Lilliard can get the pick and roll going seamlessly. Lilliard will undoubtedly focus on his defense next summer and the Blazers should open eyes next season. The Blazers shouldnt have a real shot at a lotto pick again after this yr if all goes as planned unless they deal with Billy King again, haha

Ive been a huge Blazers fan for over 30yrs and Ive seen alot of average teams and players over the yrs become sentimental fan faves and it's touching and all but I aint got time for it I want to root for a team for once that other teams will be the underdogs coming in. The Bulls sucked some serious dyck before Rose but when he showed his game at the NBA level was gonna be something special the Bulls took things to another level by draft picks and deals that put them in position to compete at the highest level.

Well the Blazers have a player in Lilliard that with show he has the eye of the tiger and lead this team to those kinda heights. The Blazers have some key positions that are locked down with an allstar and a potential allstar(LMA and Batum), so they're ahead of the Bulls and they have the same kinda capspace but a potential for a real high pick too.
    The spot I see that should be covered by a new high caliber piece without loss of the current imcumbent is SG. Matthews to me along with Hickson/Freeland-he will improve and a vet piece would make the Blazers awfully stout. Leonard should become something previous Blazers ctrs couldnt achieve- he has a great motor and I dig that.
    If the Blazers are still missing something at that point or somebody isnt progressing as played then cash in the mid level exemption the summer after next to find the missing link.
    Basically I want to see this team built for battle (our stars should develop from they're play in Portland, my high caliber wish list consists of a few guys that are lockdown defenders with an excellent transition game and superior ability from beyond the arc and clutch ft shooting).

I guess we'll see where Olshey takes us but I have a feeling he is the guy who puts together the team that brings back 1977 to us in 3 yrs from now.

vCash
    No team has done anything to try and bring out his potential. From day 1 the Griz made no secret they did not want him and had no interest in him. It still baffles me why they even drafted him when they had no one and still refused to play him. Rockets gave 0 effort to do anything with him. Blazers gave him nearly no opportunity and few times he got on court he was good.
    I see you really believe that Memphis picked Thabeet to just sit him on the bench and pay him valuable cap money and let his talent go to waste by not letting coaches help improve his because why!

Maybe they were just being nice on draft day and thought they would help him feed his family, personally I kinda doubt it.

With Thabeet is comes down to accountabiltity and his mind and talent level is what holds him. He had and has the physical talent to make a name for himself and prove he belongs but the 2 factors that are his downfall to date are his smarts for the game and lack of basketball talent. Basically he's a bricklayer and he cant seem to figure things out outside the realm of the coaching that is provided which translates into when he's on the court making the reads on the other team by himself.

Your an enthusiastic Blazer fan and you almost got me wanting to root for thabeet to breakout and realize his potential but I think I'd be kicking myself for it becasue he would only make the team that he rides the pine on that much better and I think they already got a gift wrapped present from the Blazers that they can never repay (only profit from) and that gift is Kevin Durant.
    Last edited by blazerman; 11-14-2012 at 04:18 PM.

vCash
    Last year against the Clips he stunned me. He was boxing out and literally throwing 3 clippers are a time. I had never seen such physical play outside of playoffs in over a decade and a half. Honestly I don't think his problems have been intelligence, I think it has been not understanding how much stronger then everyone else he truly is. Also look back at the numbers, he was only played double digit numbers a handful of times his first year and almost all of it in last month or two of the season. Was not because foul trouble or someone else was playing great. I remember watching that draft and listening to lots of sports people talking like Griz had no choice but to draft him even though they never wanted him.

vCash
    Great Game of the blazers...of course the Kings are one of the worst teams in the NBA. I hope we use them to kickstart our bench and bring the energy and shooting touch to Houston.

vCash
    Last year against the Clips he stunned me. He was boxing out and literally throwing 3 clippers are a time. I had never seen such physical play outside of playoffs in over a decade and a half. Honestly I don't think his problems have been intelligence, I think it has been not understanding how much stronger then everyone else he truly is. Also look back at the numbers, he was only played double digit numbers a handful of times his first year and almost all of it in last month or two of the season. Was not because foul trouble or someone else was playing great. I remember watching that draft and listening to lots of sports people talking like Griz had no choice but to draft him even though they never wanted him.
    I know he is a strong athletic guy but something isnt quite right with him. He showed about the same things as Andre Drummond coming out of college, physical beast but raw with a huge upside if he could improve enough to realize that potential.
    The Grizzles FO wanted to deal that pick for proven talent since they're 1st option Rubio said publicly he wouldnt play for them but they're asking price was to high for most teams.
    In the end they took a gamble drafting him in hopes he would live up to the hype and put the Grizzles on the map with a stout frontline of Gasol/Thabeet/Randolph for awhile then when his value was at a premium sell to the highest bidder.
    On the flipside everybody said they expected he would be a huge bust and so far that has been the case. He is still young to turn it around. Keep in mind he has the physical ability and size that should allow him to pull down 10 or more rebs and 3plus blks a game which would make him a valued commodity in the NBA but the problem with him is he cant figure things out and gets lost in games to the point where he takes his team out of snyc and ultimately becomes more valuable to his team via the addition by subtraction outlook.

Some guys can quietly make an impact on the game to the positive but Thabeet somehow creates mismatches for his own team by his inability to do all the fundementals of the game such as set good picks (always hard picks due to strength) gets caught slippin instead of rotating which causes him to fall behind the player and Thabeet ends up getting burned and usually catches a foul on the play as well by trying to make up for his mistake.
    Other teams key in on stuff like that and it will always be like that until he figures things out by the offense teams run.
    Generally players get it down after they face each team a few times but it's overwhelming for some and it could take yrs and Thabeet is part of that some.
    We dont really ever hear about players that might have learning disabilities because everybody see's the athletic ability and thinks they can teach somebody through anything else we'll it isnt always that easy especially if someone is ADHD or something else. Is that the case with Thabeet, I dont know but it's possible.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by blazerman View Post
    It amazes me that some guys are so hyped up when they're drafted and they are pure shyt at the next level. Babbit is a perfect example and his scruffy looking buddy Adam Morrison and Thabust are a few more bonefide scrubs.
    I think babbit wouldve been easy to spot as a bust..the kid has NO athleticism, ESPECIALLY for a SF. i really think he has a 20" vert. lucky for him he is 6'8" so thats enough to dunk. not like he would ever be in a situation to dunk...

but yes, people come in way too hyped up, but it balances out with the lillards of the world. it was a gutsy call by organization who has been spurned in the past with busts, to go with the guy no one thought should be a lotto pick, or at least top 10.

It makes me wonder if TRob dropped to 6, (Olshey said we wouldve been very tempted to take him), would we have took him and try to get lillard at 11? or move up to 9 to grab him? TRob and lillard wouldve been the sexiest two picks together. Dont get me wrong i love leonard.
    Last edited by RC27; 11-16-2012 at 02:41 PM.

vCash
    It's scary to think about what ifs. We were so close to having Adam M also instead of Roy. The draft is filled with near misses and makes. Lillard will be a make with others (N Smith instead of Faried) a miss.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Kao Sorn View Post
    It's scary to think about what ifs. We were so close to having Adam M also instead of Roy. The draft is filled with near misses and makes. Lillard will be a make with others (N Smith instead of Faried) a miss.
    The one that kills me the MOST (besides MJ), is Webster instead of CP3... like wtf. we moved back to get webster and pass on CP3?!?! who was a sure hit!

I still argue to this day Oden at the time was the correct pick. so i dont even consider that.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast