Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by behindmydesk View Post
    do not call people you meet on the internet and probably talk to on AIM as friends it'll give said guy in the tobacco industry a big head and want to be a mod.

I wasn't talking about that douchenozzle. Someone that actually cares about tobacco and isn't just collecting a paycheck doing something he hates deep, deep inside of his being.
    Last edited by jetsforever; 11-13-2012 at 11:01 PM. Reason: Per other user's request.

vCash
    all the cool kids dip! must not be bad for you then

vCash
    If you're willing to injure your own body, why do you care about a brown spot? This is like intentionally putting not enough air in your car tires and then complaining about the poor gas mileage.

At least you know how you are going to die.

vCash
    Behind the ostensible government sits enthroned an invisible government, owing no allegiance and acknowledging no responsibility to the people. To destroy this invisible government, to dissolve the unholy alliance between corrupt business and corrupt politics is the first task of the statesmanship of the day.-Theodore Roosevelt

There's no country on Earth that would tolerate missiles raining down on its citizens from outside its borders.
    -Barack "drone" Obama, 11/18/2012

vCash

Arrow

I get those. My entire lip area is gray from dipping for 6 years. I just had my teeth clean he said while of course dipping isn't good, that it wasn't cancerous. He did of course suggest I quit which he does everytime I go to him. He also said that it's actually more likely you'll get stomach cancer then mouth cancer especially if you don't spit which I am insane and don't and gut it.

You also will one day get a white spot on your cheek almost like you bit it. Just move your chew to the other side and let it heal. What's weird is chew spit doesn't bother it, it's more eating food. Your gums will probably recede it takes a few weeks for them to come back up

Now of course i'm just telling you what you will get with chewing because it's what I get. You should quit and so should I. I usually quit in november or december then always start back up again like a dummy when golf season starts
    I swallow when necassary. Like tonight was at a basketball game and had to. Just makes me light headed.

My advice to the op, quit now if you can. Wish I never started. I dont get addicted to stuff, except chew. I dont even enjoy but cant quit, ive tried and just makes me an *******

vCash
    been at it for 10 years... grey spots, white spots just means move it to a different part of your lip. once you become veteran enough, youll be able to substitute it top cheese which helps a lot. now where did i put my tin?

vCash
    Future Ace

vCash
    It's porbably nothing. I remember a kid on one of my baseball teams had the same thing happen to him and he freaked but nothing came of it

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by StarvingKnick22 View Post
    Whats dipping?
    Shoving pieces of raw tobacco and tiny slivers of irritants into your lip in an attempt to get high. Then, soon after that, in an attempt to fend off withdrawal symptoms. It's like being a heroin addict, but with a little longer life expectancy and less jail time.
    Last edited by Labgrownmangoat; 11-14-2012 at 06:41 AM. Reason: not glass
    “A riot,” said Martin Luther King, “is the language of the unheard.”

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Labgrownmangoat View Post
    Shoving pieces of raw tobacco and tiny slivers of irritants into your lip in an attempt to get high. Then, soon after that, in an attempt to fend off withdrawal symptoms. It's like being a heroin addict, but with a little longer life expectancy and less jail time.
    That's a little extreme
    Future Ace

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ill21 View Post
    That's a little extreme
    It's 100% true.
    I'm In.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Iansnightout View Post
    It's 100% true.
    The effects are nothing close to heroin, and on the addiction scale it's not even close.

Come to psd where admitted dupes who do nothing but troll the gd and fs forum are free. But man don't you dare mention trolling on someone's wall.

vCash
    You should snort it until it heals.

The Cult of Gattis

vCash
    The effects are nothing close to heroin, and on the addiction scale it's not even close.
    Nicotine addiction is harder to kick than heroin.

You want some evidence? You have to know the facts below, and yet you and tens of millions of Americans continue with their addiction:

Tobacco use is the number one preventable cause of illness and death in the United States. The medical bill for individuals with fatal illnesses related to smoking has been estimated at $60 million a day, according to a 1985 study by the Congressional Office of Technology Assessment.

Since the first Surgeon General's report on smoking in 1964, about 37 million Americans have quit. Those still addicted tend to smoke more cigarettes, but they should not lose hope. New strategies for quitting, based on a deeper understanding of the addiction, are in the wings. ''The known enemy is more easily overcome,'' says Dr. Jack Henningfield, who specializes in the biology of dependence and abuse potential at the Addiction Research Center of the National Institute on Drug Abuse in Baltimore.
    Sounds like a pretty fierce addiction if in the face of those facts, tens of millions of Americans continue to slowly kill themselves. But let's ask someone who would know, shall we?

''Heroin addicts say it is easier to give up dope than it is to give up smoking,'' says Dr. Sharon Hall, a psychology professor whose research at the University of California's San Francisco medical school centers on methods of curtailing drug abuse. . .
    As for the effect of tobacco vs. other drugs, there are studies on that as well:

In an experiment with eight drug users, Dr. Henningfield tested the euphoric qualities of nicotine. Given intravenously in gradually larger doses, nicotine was rated as highly euphoric, with dose-response curves similar to those of cocaine, amphetamines and morphine. Asked to identify the injections, subjects frequently mistook cocaine for nicotine. Given intravenously in equal amounts, says Dr. Henningfield, ''nicotine was between 5 and 10 times more potent in producing a euphoric effect than cocaine.'' But the effect is fleeting for regular smokers, since they inhale such tiny amounts of nicotine.
    If I come off as harsh on this topic, it's because I have watched someone die of emphysema, begging, choking and gasping for air after a lifetime of smoking. It was a horrific way to go and it was 100% preventable.

Quit now. Do it for your family, who most likely want you around in the future. And yes, I'm aware that chewing tobacco leads to death in different ways than smoking. It's still preventable death and ill health for no real reason.
    “A riot,” said Martin Luther King, “is the language of the unheard.”

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ATL#22 View Post
    You should snort it until it heals.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Snuff

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast