Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    vCash

Question for people that dip

I can't believe someone compared dipping to heroin

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Labgrownmangoat View Post
    Nicotine addiction is harder to kick than heroin.

You want some evidence? You have to know the facts below, and yet you and tens of millions of Americans continue with their addiction:

Sounds like a pretty fierce addiction if in the face of those facts, tens of millions of Americans continue to slowly kill themselves. But let's ask someone who would know, shall we?

As for the effect of tobacco vs. other drugs, there are studies on that as well:

If I come off as harsh on this topic, it's because I have watched someone die of emphysema, begging, choking and gasping for air after a lifetime of smoking. It was a horrific way to go and it was 100% preventable.

Quit now. Do it for your family, who most likely want you around in the future. And yes, I'm aware that chewing tobacco leads to death in different ways than smoking. It's still preventable death and ill health for no real reason.
    I didn't deny the health risks they are serious. If it's harder to beat then heroin then I must have some weird ability to kick heroin if I wanted to try it. I quit chewing 3 times for minimum 4 months with 0 side effects and 0 withdraws. I started back up because I like the taste. On top of that the quit smoking campaign that doctors provide pamphlets for say within a week you will have less than one craving, within 2 you will have 0 cravings. Heroin (never done it so i'm speaking on things that are said in anti drug classes and what not) said you will have cravings for the rest of your life.

Come to psd where admitted dupes who do nothing but troll the gd and fs forum are free. But man don't you dare mention trolling on someone's wall.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Labgrownmangoat View Post
    Shoving pieces of raw tobacco and tiny slivers of irritants into your lip in an attempt to get high. Then, soon after that, in an attempt to fend off withdrawal symptoms. It's like being a heroin addict, but with a little longer life expectancy and less jail time.
    Must be awesome being you

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bosox3431 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by behindmydesk View Post
    I get those. My entire lip area is gray from dipping for 6 years. I just had my teeth clean he said while of course dipping isn't good, that it wasn't cancerous. He did of course suggest I quit which he does everytime I go to him. He also said that it's actually more likely you'll get stomach cancer then mouth cancer especially if you don't spit which I am insane and don't and gut it.

You also will one day get a white spot on your cheek almost like you bit it. Just move your chew to the other side and let it heal. What's weird is chew spit doesn't bother it, it's more eating food. Your gums will probably recede it takes a few weeks for them to come back up

Now of course i'm just telling you what you will get with chewing because it's what I get. You should quit and so should I. I usually quit in november or december then always start back up again like a dummy when golf season starts
    I swallow when necassary. Like tonight was at a basketball game and had to. Just makes me light headed.

My advice to the op, quit now if you can. Wish I never started. I dont get addicted to stuff, except chew. I dont even enjoy but cant quit, ive tried and just makes me an *******
    OP you have to remember, no one likes a quitter

#KNICKSTAPE #PLAYOFF2013

vCash
    Light up a cig, open up a can of Grizzly.

**** a candle!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by lincecum=future View Post
    The addiction is worse than heroin, and if you'd click on the links posted above you'd see scientific studies conducted rather than your general knowledge of drugs.

Must be awesome being you
    Why is it that because he's presenting facts that you haven't heard, quite possible don't understand, and choose to be ignorant to, that you choose to use a sarcastic remark as a defense? You dip, if you choose to do it, that's your prerogative. Just don't ignore the facts.

www.DailyStache.net You Gotta Believe
    R.I.P UAPeople

vCash
    Question for people that dip: Why the hell do you dip?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by giants73756 View Post
    I picked up the habit playing baseball. First, it was gum, then seeds, then chew.

I stopped dipping though a few years back.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by giants73756 View Post
    A few of my buddies do. One is super paranoid about his health. Every little issue he has, he worries.

Got AIDS tested when his wiener touched the toilet seat.

He says he dips because he can't stop. It's that addictive and makes that little sense to do.
    I'm In.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MetsLegacy View Post
    The addiction is worse than heroin, and if you'd click on the links posted above you'd see scientific studies conducted rather than your general knowledge of drugs.

Why is it that because he's presenting facts that you haven't heard, quite possible don't understand, and choose to be ignorant to, that you choose to use a sarcastic remark as a defense? You dip, if you choose to do it, that's your prerogative. Just don't ignore the facts.
    Im sorry I dont classify chewing tabacco with heroin.

vCash
    They tested a whole 8 people and comlared it use to those other drugs. Ive dipped, used cocain and amphetamines and ill tell you dipoing comes no where close to the feeling the others give you.

vCash
    They tested a whole 8 people and comlared it use to those other drugs. Ive dipped, used cocain and amphetamines and ill tell you dipoing comes no where close to the feeling the others give you.
    That doesn't have anything to do with how addictive and hard it is to quit.
    I'm In.

vCash
    More than likely you will get something on your lip soon enough. It's not all bad though, sometimes its just raw gums or a little cut.

I dip maybe 3-4 times a week, its a good, cheap, buzz, which I like. I feel as if I do it more often the buzz goes away. For any of you who dip regularly, does the buzz go away? I know I can't get a buzz of the fruit flavored ones, but grizzly wintergreen gets me good.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by lincecum=future View Post
    A scientific study and heroin addicts did that. I just pointed it out.

You're right, though, tobacco kills many, many times more people every year than heroin. There really is no comparison between 100k deaths a year from heroin worldwide and 8 million from tobacco.
    Last edited by Labgrownmangoat; 11-14-2012 at 04:23 PM.
    “A riot,” said Martin Luther King, “is the language of the unheard.”

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by haggis View Post
    Wow, I had no idea it was a thing

The Cult of Gattis

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast