Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Everyone is going to remember the dunk by Carter-Williams at the end of the game, by my God he had a bad game.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by behindmydesk View Post
    Even as an IU fan and graduate Louisville is the best team in the nation right now. Jesus they are good
    I've always thought that reasoning like this is stupid. If anything, it makes people MORE biased.

Like when people say, "I'm a [insert team] fan, and even I think they are playing bad."

No ****, it's because you're a fan of theirs.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Driven View Post
    Everyone is going to remember the dunk by Carter-Williams at the end of the game, by my God he had a bad game.
    Yep. 8 TO's, he was disgusting to watch for the first 35 minutes. Triche carried us.

vCash
    Triche was unbelievable. People might think that he only played well the first half, but he didn't have much of a chance to do any scoring in the 2nd half. MCW was the beneficiary of being able to play off the ball and get some nice opportunities while the Orange play off of Triche's shot.

It's really sickening how much hype MCW gets, IMO. He's the one getting the highlights from today's game. He had those 8 turnovers, plus he let the shot clock run out twice, made some horrible plays (the ones right before his steal at the end come to mind), and had at least one charge.

He played better in the second half, but again that was off of Triche. You have to like his moxy and that was a hell of a dunk at the end of the game, but he's so inexperienced and doesn't have a high basketball IQ.

It doesn't help that he doesn't have a shot that he can play off of.
    Last edited by Driven; 01-19-2013 at 07:24 PM.

vCash
    Awesome win by Syracuse. Triche had such a great game and MCW finished it off with that monster dunk. Huge, huge win.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Driven View Post
    Triche was unbelievable. People might think that he only played well the first half, but he didn't have much of a chance to do any scoring in the 2nd half. MCW was the beneficiary of being able to play off the ball and get some nice opportunities while the Orange play off of Triche's shot.

It's really sickening how much hype MCW gets, IMO. He's the one getting the highlights from today's game. He had those 8 turnovers, plus he let the shot clock run out twice, made some horrible plays (the ones right before his steal at the end come to mind), and had at least one charge.

He played better in the second half, but again that was off of Triche. You have to like his moxy and that was a hell of a dunk at the end of the game, but he's so inexperienced and doesn't have a high basketball IQ.

It doesn't help that he doesn't have a shot that he can play off of.
    It's because he's a top-10 pick, and Triche may go undrafted.

6'6'' kids with PG skills don't fall out of the sky very often, and a team will reach for him.

Meanwhile Triche is a guy that makes college programs thrive-- a 4 year unsung steady force who knows what it takes to win and never stops competing. He's not quite a Scottie Reynolds, but he's that kind of kid who stays all four, knowing that he may not have an NBA career in his future, but he gives his all on and off the court (he's had and maintained that Greek god body since Freshman year- the kid hits the gym).

These past years he's been hidden behind Rautins, Wes Johnson, Waiters, Carter-Williams... but he's been there as a starter all four years, and his game hasn't changed a bit. Steady producer who doesn't get too high or too low. He's so much like Scoop in terms of helping the program for 4 successful years as a floor general, but Triche never made the bonehead plays Scoop did. And MCW has inherited Scoop's propensity for head-scratchers.

vCash
    I haven't been sure what this SU team really is-- but I'm telling you that if Christmas and Coleman keep progressing and become capable of combining for 20/15 a night, this is a final four team.

Triche and Fair are perfect complements to Carter-Williams. You will not find two more steady, dependable, night-in and night-out reliable players in the NCAA than those two.

Grant is a freak, and Keita remains a perfect energy/D-man off the bench. Cooney can knock down from long-range and defend with an Aaron Craft-level of annoyance and effectiveness.

Add in Southerland possibly getting back from suspension (which he may, but who knows), and you have yourself an insane basketball team, especially when run by the #1 assist man in the nation.

vCash
    Cooney has been horrible this year but he need some time. Grant is like a young CJ. I'm disappointed in Christmas this year. Coleman needs time.

I don't see Coleman getting a lot of PT. I don't think this team is that good, but I'm not sure what teams are. They need Southerland back because he's the type of guy that can win games on his own. Games that they should lose.

I don't think anyone besides Triche really played great today. CJ was okay, Grant was very good all things considered.

Scoop made boneheaded plays but he was a great offensive player. He was great at running the offense, and was real efficient overall.

vCash
    Should be a fun game between UC and Syracuse today.

vCash
    Syracuse missed a lot of open looks in the 1st half and allowed UC to stay in the game. They're certainly paying for it right now.

vCash
    Great recovery by 'Cuse to pull out a win. Tough match-up following the huge win Saturday. Definitely not the prettiest game Syracuse has played but a big win nonetheless.

vCash
    Cincinnati is always tough for Syracuse, because they have like 8 guards that shoot all day and make at a decent clip. The death of the zone is consistent 3 point shooting, and Cincinnati has it every single year.

Pulling out the win in the way they did is really awesome. Shows some grit. Like I said, if Coleman and Christmas can develop into barely serviceable players, this team will go far. Carter-Williams is a manchild in crunchtime.

vCash
    Triche too. Ice in the veins.

vCash
    Villanova is about to pull off a huge upset against Louisville.

Awesome

vCash

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast