Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    vCash
    Syracuse @ Villanova is hard on the eyes at the half.

Villanova appears to be alternating between writing the manual for "How Not To Attack a 2-3 Zone" and connecting on NBA threes.

Syracuse, on the other hand, seems flat. Didn't get aggressive until the last 5 minutes, and let up some really easy buckets that needn't have been scored.

I don't think 'Nova wins, but that's for obvious reasons. Biased SU nut, and I didn't think VU were even a tournament team until the Louisville win. Pinkston is the only player that scares me. Everyone else is way below average for the Big East at their position, or at least it seems like that to me. Wright is a good coach but not good enough to will his team over another top-5 club.

vCash
    HUGE shot. Arcidiacono had been playing one of the worst games I've ever seen a Big East starting guard play, and he just sent it to OT. Big.

vCash
    Congrats to Villanova. You did what I thought you couldn't.

vCash
    But **** you for rushing the court. Twice in a week in January? Embarrassing.
    Last edited by Angry Norwegian; 01-26-2013 at 01:29 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Angry Norwegian View Post
    But **** you for rushing the court. Twice in a week in January? Embarrassing.
    You serious? Two top five wins in a row. Obviously we'll rush the court.

vCash
    Daaaaaamn 'Nova.

#iubb

vCash
    Yep. My personal opinion is that I wouldn't want my fans rushing the court over any win. It's kind of like chanting "overrated" at an opponent. It diminishes the quality of the win.

If you're a halfway decent basketball program you expect to win home games. Good on you for winning the games, but it's January. More than likely you'll lose @ ND in the next one.

But the Big East is just fun right now. No team can step up and dominate. It looked like Syracuse or Louisville could, but 'Nova showed what can happen if you get a thin team in foul trouble and hit clutch shots. As for Louisville, Siva is playing like a zombie and they can't get going without him.

Like I said, Arcidiacono SUCKED worse than almost any guard I've seen in the years that I've been watching college basketball, but he stepped up when it mattered. The better team today won. But I stand by my statements about the team in general.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Angry Norwegian View Post
    Yep. My personal opinion is that I wouldn't want my fans rushing the court over any win. It's kind of like chanting "overrated" at an opponent. It diminishes the quality of the win.

If you're a halfway decent basketball program you expect to win home games. Good on you for winning the games, but it's January. More than likely you'll lose @ ND in the next one.

But the Big East is just fun right now. No team can step up and dominate. It looked like Syracuse or Louisville could, but 'Nova showed what can happen if you get a thin team in foul trouble and hit clutch shots. As for Louisville, Siva is playing like a zombie and they can't get going without him.

Like I said, Arcidiacono SUCKED worse than almost any guard I've seen in the years that I've been watching college basketball, but he stepped up when it mattered. The better team today won. But I stand by my statements about the team in general.
    I mean we weren't expecting to win. Look at this team. Our team is young, lost its best two players, and is coming off a year where we couldn't even make the NIT tourney. To beat two top five teams in a ROW is worth storming the court. Nobody expected us to win.

Hey, we'll see. If we can beat Notre Dame, that's three straight wins vs. ranked teams. To be honest, I just want Nova to make a bid for the tournament. Last year was a huge disappointment

vCash
    Yep, that's about all you can ask for. Wright is a great coach, it's just a big task to ask him to make the tourney with this group. Pinkston and Yarou are servicable players. That kid hitting the threes (Bell?) had a huge night, but then again you have to ask a starting SG to make those open shots. White PG needs a lot of work, but will be a good 4-year player.

vCash
    I guess I just have a pretty hard-line "NO" stance on storming the court. Just never made sense to me.

vCash
    White guy's foot was on the line on that 3 pt shot that sent it to OT but whatever. I'm not even mad.

(I'm very mad.)

**** YOU MCW! MAKE A FREE THROW!!

vCash
    Cooney airballing that three was also inexcusable and rage-inducing.

But oh well. We're a top 5 team in the NCAA, and I'm not about to cry about 2 losses (although they were two hard-to-watch losses).

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NYMetros View Post
    White guy's foot was on the line on that 3 pt shot that sent it to OT but whatever. I'm not even mad.

(I'm very mad.)

**** YOU MCW! MAKE A FREE THROW!!
    I believe it was on the NBA 3 point line. It counts. Helluva shot btw.

vCash
    Another loss.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NYMetros View Post
    Another loss.
    Can't get mad when we have 3 offensive players on the court at any time. Our big men are useless and we really miss Southerland.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast