Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

2012-2013 Big East Thread

The Johnnies are having a tough time vs Detroit.

vCash
    Yes, a thread in here that I can frequent.

vCash
    Should be a fun year. I really like this Syracuse team.

vCash
    Michael Carter-Williams just checked out with 8 mins to go, this is his stat line:

15 pts, 14 ast, 5 stl, 4 blk, 3 reb

vCash
    Jim Boehiem wins his 900th.

vCash
    Awesome to see Jim get his 900th. Wish the team would have played a little better down the stretch though.

vCash
    UConn gives Ollie a 5yr contract, i think he deserves it. 10-2 record with a young roster, spent time learning under Calhoun for 2 season, a good players coach who played at Uconn and a long NBA career so he can definitely relate to the players.

vCash
    I can't wait to get out of the Big Yeast Infection.

vCash
    And go into the MAC?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by B'sCeltsPatsSox View Post
    And go into the MAC?
    I am assuming one of the big conferences is going to raid the ACC soon and open up a spot for us.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by nymetsrule View Post
    I can't wait to get out of the Big Yeast Infection.
    This last year should be fun though.

Zero dominant teams in the conference. Maybe Louisville when rolling on all cylinders, they're definitely the team on top as of now. But I think any of these teams could take each other down to the wire-- in no particular order:

Syracuse, UConn, Pitt, Notre Dame, Cincinnati, Georgetown
    The order i'd rank them in from best to worst is-
    Cincinnati, Georgetown, Syracuse/Notre Dame (same level), UConn, Pitt

I don't like Syracuse this year, but Carter-Williams can be a special player, top 3 in the conference if he's rolling. Can be (when he's not shoplifting). Georgetown has a few star players, but Cincinnati is loaded with shooters and they have the most athletic team in the conference by far-- they scare me this year. UConn's bigs have no experience much like Syracuse (though Daniels will be a force in years to come), although their guards are formidable. Notre Dame is an overall solid team with few weaknesses, and Pitt is a sleeper that is currently underachieving.

Then as per usual in the Big East, the rest of the teams can easily steal a win from the others. No slouches this year other than Villanova really.
    Last edited by Angry Norwegian; 01-01-2013 at 11:26 PM.

vCash

Are the Pitt panthers legitimate final four contenders?

After seeing Pitt run over Georgetown last night and Steven Adams having a great game...do you have a feeling that now Pittsburgh is the team to best in not only the big east but in the NCAA? Even though their not ranked. And do you consider Steven Adams the best big man in today's game? I can't think of any other center better than him can you? He's from New Zealand. After all these years and in 2009 came so close to advancing to the final four in Detroit..is this the year the Pitt panthers will make it to the final four or perhaps elite eight? Idk was Pitt just really good last night and look scary or Georgetown is really not that good of a team?

vCash
    The team to beat in the NCAA? I'll respectfully disagree with that.

Besides hanging around with Michigan, nothing stands out from the non-conference. Big East wise, yes the Georgetown blowout was impressive and hanging with Cincy was tough, but ya'll lost to Rutgers...we'll see how the rest of Big East play goes before I get excited about them making the final four or elite eight.

Steven Adams is not the best center in the NCAA. The dude is strong defensively but averages 7PPG and 6RPG....if you want to be dominant, you hit the boards.

I'm still taking every team listed in the top 10 of the AP Poll over Pitt. And I'm probably not the only one who feels that way.

#iubb

vCash
    Even as an IU fan and graduate Louisville is the best team in the nation right now. Jesus they are good

Come to psd where admitted dupes who do nothing but troll the gd and fs forum are free. But man don't you dare mention trolling on someone's wall.

vCash
    I wish this forum was more active, because that Syracuse-Louisville game was one of the best of the year so far.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast