Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 9 of 19 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by FlakeyFool View Post
    Lets tank and give okc a nice pick

Thatll give us some sense of a purpose
    I'm not ready to tank yet, but if I'd want to give a solid pick to any team, a Western Conference power that can compete with the Lakers and Heat would be a great candidate.

But there really isn't a reason for the team to tank this year at all. Our with our pick going to another team, a 9th or 10th seed won't have the negativity surrounding it as usual. I can't see this group being a bottom 3-4 team in the league over 82 games. And IMO the goal should be convincing Lowry to sign long term while developing Ross, Val and DeRozan.

vCash
    OMG Dwane Casey is brutally frustrating, completely out-classed by Doug Collins, why wasn't JV back in the game.... Oh yeah that's right he feels Amir was more experienced! I love Amir Johnson but he was sucking it up hard last night. Accountability stuff was total BS.

vCash
    Calderon needs to go. Such a huge defensive liability it isn't even funny. The number of times he's been beaten off the dribble and allows his man to go to the hoop is astronomical.

If you can't keep him in front of you, don't give him an easy bucket and look at your help defenders like they are supposed to bail you out every time. They're called "help defenders" to help you when need be...not every defensive possession.

Keep your man in front of you!!!....Stop waving your arms around like a retard trying to make it seem like your playing defense!!!....and foul the sh** out of the man if he gets by you and is about to score 2 easy points!!!

Dishing out some love...and droppin dimes

"If I was in the parking lot I'd jack him up"
    - Jack Armstrong

vCash
    yeah, this loss is on casey's head. The keys to the game for the raps was our dominance in the frontcourt with the absence of Bynum. JV was beasting, stayed out of foul trouble, and philly was having a hard time securing rebounds.

I understand that the 4th is a time to put your best, most reliable guys out there, and that a rookie like JVal hasn't earned the coaches complete trust yet, but com'on. You can't ignore the means in which you got to the position of trying to win a game either.

Casey, here's a pro-tip for you:
    The teams you face are different every time. You should be just as flexible in your approach to coaching.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by I Rock Shaqs View Post
    OMG Dwane Casey is brutally frustrating, completely out-classed by Doug Collins, why wasn't JV back in the game.... Oh yeah that's right he feels Amir was more experienced! I love Amir Johnson but he was sucking it up hard last night. Accountability stuff was total BS.
    Ya I actually wondered the same thing. JV was playing really well and grabbing boards with authority last night.

Wasn't in foul trouble either so it is kind of puzzling.

Dishing out some love...and droppin dimes

"If I was in the parking lot I'd jack him up"
    - Jack Armstrong

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by pebloemer View Post
    I'm not ready to tank yet, but if I'd want to give a solid pick to any team, a Western Conference power that can compete with the Lakers and Heat would be a great candidate.

But there really isn't a reason for the team to tank this year at all. Our with our pick going to another team, a 9th or 10th seed won't have the negativity surrounding it as usual. I can't see this group being a bottom 3-4 team in the league over 82 games. And IMO the goal should be convincing Lowry to sign long term while developing Ross, Val and DeRozan.
    Why would you want to give anyone a solid pick?

vCash
    Ya, Casey wears that one. Some really questionable subs last night; we came out like gang busters in the first quarter, up by ten, the guys were playing well together and McGuire was hot. For some reason, Casey stops momentum dead in it's tracks. He pulls McGuire out to go to a Lowry/Calderon set, and we get exposed! I don't know why they are so obsessed with the 2-gaurd- set?! If they wanted Lowry in the game, pull Calderon and leave in the hot hand... you already have an effective SG in Dorozen. I get what he was thinking... "Philly has a small line-up, so we can go small too."... but why not make Philly try and play your game. Expose their 2 by making them gaurd Demar, Lowry is a a mismatch for us on most nights, LEAVE VAL ON THE FLOOR; they really didn't have an answer for him on the glass, and if McGuire is having his best start of the season leave him on for the benefits at the defensive end as well. Bargnani should be the 6th man if he has to play, and Ed should get a shot, in the limited time I've seen him, I think he looks ready for an opportunity.
    In the fourth when they were dying for a stop (a big rebound, or a block), or an offensive board, it's beyond me how they don't go to Val over Nani?!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by FlakeyFool View Post
    Why would you want to give anyone a solid pick?
    I don't. But whether the pick is 6th or 11th is quite irrelevant to the Raptor's seeing as it is already traded to OKC. Only matters if it is Top 5 I believe and I don't think there is much of a shot of that happening this year.

vCash
    The pick is top 3 protected, so anything from 4th to 15th is okc's.

RaptorsMaple LeafssVikingsssBlue JayssInterTFC

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DrJamesNaismith View Post
    Ya, Casey wears that one. Some really questionable subs last night; we came out like gang busters in the first quarter, up by ten, the guys were playing well together and McGuire was hot. For some reason, Casey stops momentum dead in it's tracks. He pulls McGuire out to go to a Lowry/Calderon set, and we get exposed! I don't know why they are so obsessed with the 2-gaurd- set?! If they wanted Lowry in the game, pull Calderon and leave in the hot hand... you already have an effective SG in Dorozen. I get what he was thinking... "Philly has a small line-up, so we can go small too."... but why not make Philly try and play your game. Expose their 2 by making them gaurd Demar, Lowry is a a mismatch for us on most nights, LEAVE VAL ON THE FLOOR; they really didn't have an answer for him on the glass, and if McGuire is having his best start of the season leave him on for the benefits at the defensive end as well. Bargnani should be the 6th man if he has to play, and Ed should get a shot, in the limited time I've seen him, I think he looks ready for an opportunity.
    In the fourth when they were dying for a stop (a big rebound, or a block), or an offensive board, it's beyond me how they don't go to Val over Nani?!
    agreed with just about all of this post.. most of all i cannot stand the two point guard look. lowry is strong as hell and a great defender but evan turner has too much of a size advantage. it got lowry in foul trouble, jose continued to get abused by holiday.

i ddin't watch the first half so i can't comment on that but yeah val was looking pretty good in the third i don't know why he is never out there in the 4th.. i don't see what the harm would be in letting our future franchise player get some minutes and experience in crunch time... not like we are winning the games right now so might as well play him and see what he's got.

still not time to push the panic button or start the fire casey threads tho.

"they didn't call anything, so i took off" - terrence ross
    #letrossdunk

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Freddy_T28 View Post
    agreed with just about all of this post.. most of all i cannot stand the two point guard look. lowry is strong as hell and a great defender but evan turner has too much of a size advantage. it got lowry in foul trouble, jose continued to get abused by holiday.

i ddin't watch the first half so i can't comment on that but yeah val was looking pretty good in the third i don't know why he is never out there in the 4th.. i don't see what the harm would be in letting our future franchise player get some minutes and experience in crunch time... not like we are winning the games right now so might as well play him and see what he's got.

like if he going to play the two PGs and move Derozan to SF, why doesn't he do that to begin the game and move Ross to SG. our starting SF is useless anyways.

Lowry
    Ross
    Derozan
    Bargnani
    Val

we don't have anything to lose any more by the looks of it. baptism by fire.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by I Rock Shaqs View Post
    I know. I think are franchise for whatever reason will always be a losing franchise. It's always something.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Freddy_T28 View Post

I disagree. It is time to panic. We are going to be bottom feeders yet again.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dayman View Post
    Calderon needs to go. Such a huge defensive liability it isn't even funny. The number of times he's been beaten off the dribble and allows his man to go to the hoop is astronomical.

If you can't keep him in front of you, don't give him an easy bucket and look at your help defenders like they are supposed to bail you out every time. They're called "help defenders" to help you when need be...not every defensive possession.

Keep your man in front of you!!!....Stop waving your arms around like a retard trying to make it seem like your playing defense!!!....and foul the sh** out of the man if he gets by you and is about to score 2 easy points!!!
    It has been the same thing these past 3 years. Calderon should not see the floor after 8 minute mark in fourth. He could be useful in limited minutes but not at crunch time because you and I both can reliably predict who will be attacked at crunch time.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by koreancabbage View Post
    like if he going to play the two PGs and move Derozan to SF, why doesn't he do that to begin the game and move Ross to SG. our starting SF is useless anyways.

Lowry
    Ross
    Derozan
    Bargnani
    Val

we don't have anything to lose any more by the looks of it. baptism by fire.
    yeah.. i'm not as high on ross as a lot of people on here but i would still rather see that lineup than the one with jose and lowry.. like you said as of right now we don't have much to lose.

"they didn't call anything, so i took off" - terrence ross
    #letrossdunk

Page 9 of 19 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast