Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 6 of 19 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by diu9leilomo View Post
    With the injuries we have right now, it's time to play davis, ross or even acy. I don't see the purpose of playing kleiza. I don't care if he scores 20pts, it really means nothing.
    I can see the purpose of playing young players but I don't see how Kleiza's scoring "means nothing". He is helping us get some scoring off the bench. Also if you truly hate Kleiza, you can see how his playing time is increasing his trade value.

vCash
    "hire a young gm whos patient, with an eye 4 talent who can draft well and sign players to reasonable extension"

those guys are just fallin off the trees.

we should just trade our entire team and replace them with young, inexpensive players who can all shoot, pass, play defense, and rebound. its all pretty simple actually
    Last edited by scaramantula; 11-19-2012 at 12:01 AM. Reason: mopre commas
    Blue Jays 2013 world champs, just watch

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by scaramantula View Post
    "hire a young gm whos patient, with an eye 4 talent who can draft well and sign players to reasonable extension"

those guys are just fallin off the trees.

we should just trade our entire team and replace them with young, inexpensive players who can all shoot, pass, play defense, and rebound. its all pretty simple actually
    Actually ya it is

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Freakazoid View Post
    Problem is, that's not his style. He loves the motion offence and wants the motion offence. We played a half court offence last year because he wanted to improve our defense.

With that said however, Pau will be great for the motion offense. Great game sense and a willing passer. We lack that from a wing and post players.
    This is a good point. We don't have many strong passers from anywhere but off the pick, somebody (anybody...) that could draw a bit of defensive attention away from our wings and actually pass it to them when they're open would be great. Man, just thinking about how we used to swing the ball from the post to the corner and ALL the way around to the other corner for open AP 3's.... seems like a lifetime ago.

"Juuuuuuuuuuuuust a bit outside. Wild Thing tried for the corner and missed."

vCash
    I'm willing to go to the deadline with this team, and if we're out of it, let's gut the team. Start over again, properly this time. And I do think you can win with Bargs, as the 6th man. But man, I've had enough of losing. Thank God the Jays made an effort this off season or I'd be on the freakin ledge.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Byronicle View Post
    i just wish we never made those playoffs back when BC was first signed

it made fans impatient, and put too much pressure on a team to win now, selling the farm rather than trying to develop

and now that we have a team where we got young players, and have resigned others and are building the team the right way for once, like acquiring Lowry, people want to push the panic button

who drafted Jonas?

who traded for Lowry?

who resigned Derozan for discount?

so far what i see are 3 main core pieces moving forward which is much better than we have ever had back in Bosh/VC era
    Impatient?! 5 playoffs in 17 years isn't enuogh for this fan.

Bottom line, rookies produce on the regular and right now Jonas isn't really. Lowry to this point has proved 2 things... 1 he can play, 2 he can be injured for stretches. His style of play is extremely exciting, but if his body can't take it (which seems to be what he is proving most, over anything else so far), he needs to adjust or continue to be a 50-60 game/season PG.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DrJamesNaismith View Post
    Impatient?! 5 playoffs in 17 years isn't enuogh for this fan.

Bottom line, rookies produce on the regular and right now Jonas isn't really. Lowry to this point has proved 2 things... 1 he can play, 2 he can be injured for stretches. His style of play is extremely exciting, but if his body can't take it (which seems to be what he is proving most, over anything else so far), he needs to adjust or continue to be a 50-60 game/season PG.
    He had a bacterial infection last season. He is actually a pretty healthy guard. Raptor fans are just impatient as hell and I don't blame them.

vCash
    He had a bacterial infection last season. He is actually a pretty healthy guard. Raptor fans are just impatient as hell and I don't blame them.
    +1
    ya.. this injury was a freak thing.. if anything it just taught him not to go for rebounds after the ball already went through the basket.

i would not consider lowry injury prone because of an infection and a rolled ankle

"they didn't call anything, so i took off" - terrence ross
    #letrossdunk

vCash
    Or just a bit paranoid and gun shy when it comes to injuries and players we pin our hopes on.

vCash
    yeah we had too many damn injuries in the past

the basketball gods have not been kind to us

vCash

the basketball gods have not been kind to us
    Love em or hate em, we've seen Carter, TJ, JO, Bargnani, Calderon, and even Hakeem for his brief stint here disappoint because of injury. Disappoint because we are so desperate to believe in anyone that shows any promise at all that we just end up getting gobsmacked the moment we do.

So, excuse me for not getting too excited about Lowry until he actually plays 10, then 20, then 30 games in a row for us.

vCash
    Aren't we a borderline playoff team that is going through a brutal stretcg in terms of schedule to star the year with some injuries?

Kinda a knee jerk reaction if you ask me.

vCash

the sports gods have not been kind to us
    Fixed.

It's not only Basketball with injuries in Toronto. Last year should prove that.

vCash

3-8 (0-4 in division) UNACCEPTABLE!

We are officially at the bottom with not good prospects to move up in our division. What is the answer?

vCash
    Knee jerk thread after a loss, but I do feel your pain.

Another meltdown.

Page 6 of 19 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast